DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Altimeter

Bourbon Droner

Reactions
Is there a way to set a proper altimeter setting on a Mavic Pro? When it is sitting on my deck it says it is 90 feet in the air! If I want to push the altitude limit of 400ft. it seems I will only be approx 300ft high if this problem carries through. Any help appreciated.

Have your calibrated you sensors in DJI Go assistant lately? You might want to give that a try and see if it helps. If that doesnt work, it's possible that your altitude sensor is not working correctly.

It is my understanding that the Mavic uses an onboard barometer in tandem with the GPS to determine altitude. That onboard barometer may be providing the wrong data and thus influencing the incorrect altitude reading.

Have your calibrated you sensors in DJI Go assistant lately? You might want to give that a try and see if it helps. If that doesnt work, it's possible that your altitude sensor is not working correctly.
Actually I have never used the DJI Go assist for anything. How do I download that to my tablet/laptop?

It is my understanding that the Mavic uses an onboard barometer in tandem with the GPS to determine altitude. That onboard barometer may be providing the wrong data and thus influencing the incorrect altitude reading.

Sounds possible how do I check that and if it is "bad" wat to do then?? Sorry you are dealing with a newbie here.

Thanks!

Is there a way to set a proper altimeter setting on a Mavic Pro? When it is sitting on my deck it says it is 90 feet in the air! If I want to push the altitude limit of 400ft. it seems I will only be approx 300ft high if this problem carries through. Any help appreciated.

Are you saying that when you power up the aircraft it immediately reports an altitude of 90 ft? If so, and you want an explanation, then post a flight log because that doesn't make any sense.

I will try and figure out how to post a flight log and get one on here.. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

I will try and figure out how to post a flight log and get one on here.
Are you saying that when you power up the aircraft it immediately reports an altitude of 90 ft?
If you are, it's the biggest altitude error I've heard of and most of the suggestions above aren't going to help.
The usual solution to errors in the altitude reading, is to recalibrate the IMU.

If you were wanting to post a flight log, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

It is my understanding that the Mavic uses an onboard barometer in tandem with the GPS to determine altitude.
The altitude data comes from the barometer or close to the ground, it also uses the VPS.
But the Mavic does not use GPS data for altitude at all.

Reactions: BD0G
I will try and figure out how to post a flight log and get one on here.. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO A

Are you saying that when you power up the aircraft it immediately reports an altitude of 90 ft?
If you are, it's the biggest altitude error I've heard of and most of the suggestions above aren't going to help.
The usual solution to errors in the altitude reading, is to recalibrate the IMU.

If you were wanting to post a flight log, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.

Well I have tried all afternoon to do what you suggested above with no real luck. I went to the site and downloaded the app but I could not get it to a point where I could read it. It was just a mass of random figures, I will try again tomorrow. I wish I was more efficient on a computer. I flew a second flight today and kept getting a remote controller error message. I had the drone implementing a quick shots helix manuver over my house and it would not respond to my attempts to stop the flight by pressing the X button on the left of the screen. Now I am wondering if I have multiple problems going on...

Well I have tried all afternoon to do what you suggested above with no real luck. I went to the site and downloaded the app but I could not get it to a point where I could read it. It was just a mass of random figures, I will try again tomorrow. I wish I was more efficient on a computer. I flew a second flight today and kept getting a remote controller error message. I had the drone implementing a quick shots helix manuver over my house and it would not respond to my attempts to stop the flight by pressing the X button on the left of the screen. Now I am wondering if I have multiple problems going on...
Could it be the Bourbon? :)

First, there may be no need to post any flight data.
Your description of the issue is unclear
it would be helpful to have an answer to the basic question: Are you saying that when you power up the aircraft it immediately reports an altitude of 90 ft?

2nd ..
Well I have tried all afternoon to do what you suggested above with no real luck. I went to the site and downloaded the app but I could not get it to a point where I could read it. It was just a mass of random figures
It's quite simple and if you follow the instructions it takes about a minute to be looking at a detailed report.
Then you copy and paste the link for that report and others can help.
Here are the instructions again:

Which app are you talking about? You don't need an app to get the flight logs.

I tried to work it out with the app Meta4 recommended but couldn't figure it out. I can see the flight logs at the front of Go4 app but can"t figure how to get to post here.
Windy here today so I have to wait until better weather to fly again and see what I encounter then.
Thanks to all for all your help. It is so great to have a place to bounce problems off so many accomplished pilots!

I tried to work it out with the app Meta4 recommended but couldn't figure it out. I can see the flight logs at the front of Go4 app but can"t figure how to get to post here.
Windy here today so I have to wait until better weather to fly again and see what I encounter then.
Thanks to all for all your help. It is so great to have a place to bounce problems off so many accomplished pilots!
It's not hard and will take you about a minute.
Read my instructions and follow them carefully.
They are brief and easy.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
That web page will give you detailed instructions to find the flight record on your phone or tablet.
Upload your flight record from your phone or tablet to that website and it will give you a detailed report.

Here is the process in pictures if that makes it any easier for you:
i-CdqNJML-X3.jpg

Reactions: BD0G
Okay I will try and explain what I am doing. I see the flight log on the Flight Record / Flight Data page in Go4 but I don't know
how to find it when I am browsing on my tablet. I need to know where it is being stored on the tablet, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics