DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and Maavic 2 pro from Federal Way, WA

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome jcw
I live about 5 Nautica mile west of your location and would like to ask..
We're do you fly.?
Does the "SeaTac" NFZ effect you at all.?
...cR

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome jcw
We're do you fly.?
...cR
I just noticed the NFZ yesterday, how long has it been in place? I know that I can still take of and land here where I live. I just fly it around on the golf course no more than 50' to 100' in height and usually setup a few Waypoints when I do fly. If the NFZ has been in place for awhile I see no difference.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome jcw
We're do you fly.?
...cR
Charlie this is how the NFZ affects me looks like I'm controlled by how high and how far I can fly.

Attachments

• Capto_Capture 2018-11-26_12-02-43_PM.png
    Capto_Capture 2018-11-26_12-02-43_PM.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: charliesRig
Charlie this is how the NFZ affects me looks like I'm controlled by how high and how far I can fly.

That funny on my map the NFZ is a lot larger it extend half way out to the sound
you and I are both in the flight path for SEATAC...it's a bigg'n.

I flew in north comencment bay above Tyee marina about a year ago ( Nervouse as heck)
If you fly hard and fast & low enough you can get lost in the NFZ
Just be carful I don't want to see a post "lost my Mavic" ;)
.....cR

Last edited:
An Altitude Zone is an area of restricted flight altitude. Each of these zones consists of two parts. Part one is a 60-meter height-restricted area, which extends 3.6 km outwards from the four corners of a Restricted Zone at an angle of 8.5°. Part two is a 120-meter height-restricted area, which extends 8.4 km outwards from the corners of part one.

I'm right at the end of the altitude zone and limited to 120M which I never fly that high and I always keep the bird pretty much in my line of sight, so charlie why should I worry about losing my Mavic. or am I missing something.

Comencement bay.jpg
wasn't awhere of your skill set as pertaining to the NFZ in our area
Sound like you have a handle on it ...... Injoy reading your upcoming post
...cR

Last edited:
Charlie I mostly fly short missions no more than 1/2 mile using waypoints. This coming summer I plan a few trips over to eastern washington where I will have more freedom to fly the drone higher and longer.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d