DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO ARRIVING TODAY ..TWO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

dke1955

Reactions
1. I am a newbie..I mean NEWBIE! Have been reading about the disasters with the current phone updates. I have samsung 8 ( I read posts herein which do not speak well of samsung phones). Since this is a brand new drone am I forced to download the current version or is there something else I can do which is proven to work well until the current update is re-released/fixed??? I went ahead and purchased Litchi as I thought this would get me away from DJI software completely and might be a better choice at this point but the learning curve for that software seems to be much more than for the DJI software, plus there is the warranty issue if a crash is caused by 3rd party software....your thoughts please!.....have no idea how to proceed.
2. Also, anyone here flown in Texas?...what I have read has me truly concerned I may spend more time trying to meet all the rules and regulations in this state (2nd most restrictive state in the country is what I read). Things look so dark I am considering just calling DJI as soon as package arrives and tell them this is not for me...can't see spending a grand for something that has the potential to get me in hot water even if I think I'm doing right....your thoughts??
Thanks.
dave

Welcome to Mavicpilots. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

am I forced to download the current version or is there something else I can do which is proven to work well until the current update is re-released/fixed???

Activate it, get it set up, and then worry about updating later.

Things look so dark I am considering just calling DJI as soon as package arrives and tell them this is not for me...can't see spending a grand for something that has the potential to get me in hot water even if I think I'm doing right....your thoughts??

Im not from Texas, but mostly just watch out for No Fly Zones, and use your common sense.

Welcome to Mavicpilots. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Activate it, get it set up, and then worry about updating later.

Im not from Texas, but mostly just watch out for No Fly Zones, and use your common sense.
Would you do me a favor...look at the Texas Drone Laws Texas Drone Laws (2017) - what is your take on #15...flying at 8 feet??....that one is giving me a headache.

Would you do me a favor...look at the Texas Drone Laws Texas Drone Laws (2017) - what is your take on #15...flying at 8 feet??....that one is giving me a headache.

(a) It is lawful to capture an image using an unmanned aircraft in this state:

(15) from a height no more than eight feet above ground level in a public place, if the image was captured without using any electronic, mechanical, or other means to amplify the image beyond normal human perception;

It's an ambiguous and confusing statement. Im thinking it is meant to say you cant zoom in more than 1:1 if you are over 8 feet. Maybe an anti-snooping clause. Cant see any other logic behind it.

Last edited:
It only makes sense to the person that authored the rule.

Reactions: Former Member
This is how I interpret the rule in layman's terms:

You can take pictures of a human subject at a distance of 0~8m without using any digital or optical zooming at flight time
You can take picture 8m+ away from the human subject and use any zooming you like mid-flight

Of course first the first scenario, you can zoom in and sharpen in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU