DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro ATTI Mode altitude settings?

kampalms

Reactions
Hi. I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge, I am an amateur drone operator. I have the first generation Mavic Pro and my question is that is there an altitude adjustment setting for when the drone is in ATTI Mode?. I sometimes attempt to fly in remote places such as valleys etc etc and the drone can not get a GPS signal upon launching. So it just stays in ATTI Mode, which is a mode that I am happy to fly in but it wont let my fly at an altitude above 5m or so which is annoying. Any help?

Turning off the VPS sensor will let you go to 30m ...

In the user manual...
( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf )
1663447972662.png

And here you turn the VPS off in the GO4 app, just note that the landing protection will stop to work & that you have to manually manage the landings speed wise, the craft will not brake by itself ... it's possible to descend into the ground with full speed.

1663448199661.png

Turning off the VPS sensor will let you go to 30m ...

In the user manual...
( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf )
View attachment 154877

And here you turn the VPS off in the GO4 app, just note that the landing protection will stop to work & that you have to manually manage the landings speed wise, the craft will not brake by itself ... it's possible to descend into the ground with full speed.

View attachment 154878
Thank you for your help. I will certainly try this. 30m isn’t much though unfortunately. I noticed another guy flying his drone in the same spot that I couldn’t find a GPS signal. And it looked like the new DJI Mini. He had no problem with gaining altitude up above the tree line and into the valley. Does the new range of DJI drones have stronger GPS signal or a better altitude settings in ATTI Mode or something like that?

...the new DJI Mini.

Does the new range of DJI drones have stronger GPS signal or a better altitude settings in ATTI Mode or something like that?
The Mini 3 Pro have the same height above launch point restrictions due to the same reasons as your Mavic Pro ... but it acquire satellites from more satellite systems than yours. Where the older crafts see 12-16 satellites max, the newer crafts see 25+.

So if in a bad GPS location the older crafts might not get enough for a reliable position lock ... but the newer see more systems that gives enough # satellites & get a position lock & by that avoid ATTI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka