DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Batteries in Series?

The Listener

Reactions
I want to create a 24V mobile battery pack. I'm thinking about putting two Mavic Pro batteries in series. Any reason that this might be a bad idea, given the smart aspect of the batteries or some other consideration?

must it be dji batterys u can order hellicopter batterys //lipo online that are 24 v

I could order 24V batteries, but I have 4 Mavic Pro batteries that I want to leverage for this temporary lighting art project. Just trying to control costs.

I want to create a 24V mobile battery pack. I'm thinking about putting two Mavic Pro batteries in series. Any reason that this might be a bad idea, given the smart aspect of the batteries or some other consideration?
The intelligent battery chip isn’t going to allow you to do this. That or you will fry them.

You’d have to remove the the individual cells and make a dumb battery out of them destroying the batteries in the process

The DJI batteries are VERY expensive. I would not waste their useful life by using them to light some LEDs. Just buy a couple of sealed 12V batteries used in UPS Battery Backup systems and connect those in series. You can get them on Amazon and you can re-charge them with a car battery charger. DJI batteries are simply too important for the drone to risk compromising them for this type of project. That's just my humble, 2-cents ;-)

The DJI batteries are VERY expensive. I would not waste their useful life by using them to light some LEDs. Just buy a couple of sealed 12V batteries used in UPS Battery Backup systems and connect those in series. You can get them on Amazon and you can re-charge them with a car battery charger. DJI batteries are simply too important for the drone to risk compromising them for this type of project. That's just my humble, 2-cents ;-)

Good advice, I'm sure. Though I failed to mention that the LED lights are part of a glowing cloak, so size and weight are important.

Just get a 6s LIpo battery at around 10 AH. Do not need a high "C" rating if it's just powering LED strips.
Maybe 50/60 bucks, and you can put in a pocket of "The Cloak"...
And again, save those pricey Mavic batteries....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J