DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Error

MrMavic

Reactions
I was going to fly a little this morning and I am getting "BATTERY ERROR" message on my controller. Why would that happen, and how can I fix it? These are DJI batteries.

Did you try turning it off, wait a few seconds and turning it back on again?

I had not flown it since October 17, then charged it 2 days ago to back to full. My other 2 batteries worked fine. I did try turning it all off and re-starting, still reads ERROR.

Reactions: slkfis
I was going to fly a little this morning and I am getting "BATTERY ERROR" message on my controller. Why would that happen, and how can I fix it? These are DJI batteries.
I've had that message when it's been a few days since I charged the batteries

Like I said, it's been since Oct 17 that I last charged it. but I have charged it recently. I will try charging it again tomorrow to see what happens. My other two batteries are fine, so maybe I just bought a piece of crap battery.

Last edited:
So, any other ideas out there why my expensive dJI battery lasted only 12 flights and now is useless? No wonder there are so many aggravated DJI customers out there.

Reactions: marcmav
So, any other ideas out there why my expensive dJI battery lasted only 12 flights and now is useless? No wonder there are so many aggravated DJI customers out there.
Contact DJI, the battery may have warranty in it.

I got nowhere with the Chat. DJI does not care about their customers after the sale. This is their response. I will be sure to do a complete 1 star review on Amazon for them. The idiot I chatted with even insisted I purchased my Mavic Pro in Italy. What a bunch of morons.

For the battery, We offer a 6-month warranty for our batteries, but because of the structure of the product, we do not do repairs for it. Please do note that the life span of our batteries depends on the usage, flying environment, storage temparature, flight time, charging hours and many other factors, thus we do not declare a standard life-span for our drone's batteries. That being said, we highly suggest you to purchase a new one as sending it in for a paid replacement would cost you much higher as you will also cover the shipping fee. Again, our apologies for this experience and we hope for your kind understanding.

I got nowhere with the Chat. DJI does not care about their customers after the sale. This is their response. I will be sure to do a complete 1 star review on Amazon for them. The idiot I chatted with even insisted I purchased my Mavic Pro in Italy. What a bunch of morons.

For the battery, We offer a 6-month warranty for our batteries, but because of the structure of the product, we do not do repairs for it. Please do note that the life span of our batteries depends on the usage, flying environment, storage temparature, flight time, charging hours and many other factors, thus we do not declare a standard life-span for our drone's batteries. That being said, we highly suggest you to purchase a new one as sending it in for a paid replacement would cost you much higher as you will also cover the shipping fee. Again, our apologies for this experience and we hope for your kind understanding.
Lol... The answered they provided is basically an educated response and the middle finger in it. It's like saying, thank you for your purchase but we do not care about your battery issue, you are screwed. if you want another one, you need buy it. LMAO.

Does the battery need a firmware update?

One of mine went into error status after 7 charges. It sounds dramatic but it happened so suddenly I have lost confidence to actually fly my mavic now. Having read so many threads it seems to come back to a firmware update that went wrong. I’ve tried rolling mine back and then re updating to the latest using a laptop. The updates were flawless but battery still showing a broken cell. I’ve also had a closed door from DJI because mine is more than six month old but still only 7 charges. And total flying time 1hr34mins between 3 batteries. All Batterys kept indoors at room temp. Never to hot or cold and never in a moist environment.

I shipped it to DJI in the Netherlands. They revieuwed it. 17 charges. I just got a new one! Bravo DJI!!

Doesn't it depend on how you've stored the batteries? At what charge? Did it go completely flat?
A lot of people don't care much about battery maintenance until it faults, then they contact DJI for a replacement. Maybe it's just a tired old generic response from DJI support.

Does the battery need a firmware update?
I'm not sure if this is one of the batteries from the fly more package or if it's the 3rd one that I bought from Best. I never let the batteries completely die. I charged them periodically over the winter.

As far as the update goes, I'm still running the .100 firmware. Is the new .300 firmware working OK? Should I upgrade to that? I got a message today on my Go App that said the battery has a broken cell. The other two batteries are working fine.

And lastly, how do you update the battery in the Assistant App? I looked in there and saw nothing about batteries, just the firmware updates.

If it's a borken cell, not sure a firmware update would fix it. Can you check on DJI Go 4 app to see if it shows voltages on all 3 cells? Is there substantial voltage deviation?
I wonder how one would send it to DJI, with/without case ID, and see if DJI will access and return a replacement if it's a faulty battery. You would be posting at your own cost, and hope DJI sends a new one back to you.

Yes, I was monitoring the voltage deviation between the 3 cells today, and the 3rd cell, which was a lower voltage, was running 4.07 when the others were 4.25V
IMG_0428.PNG

Has the latest firmware been working OK? Or should I just stick with the .100?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466