DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro battery error

jazzy

Reactions
hi I been having some battery problem the RC an dji go app saying my battery has a broken cell but I have only charged it once an yes I put in discharge time on the go app I noticed a .12volt difference between the cells I am thinking it's a balance issue so I contact dji they say to put it in the aircraft let it run down so I have an then I was turning on the RC to see where it woukd say ready to fly I did the discharge 5 times an every time I charge to a 100%the error appeared but as it discharged checking with the RC it would discharge down to 36% sat ready to fly every I time I did this it jumped from 35% to 65% then to 87% so it's a balance issue with the cells so I will do it a 6th time the discharge an recharge an check it I bet it will go to 100% an say like my good battery ready to fly so tell me can any one why is the charger they supply not a balance type an if those batterys are intelligent why this issue is ever happening at all seems to be a built in issue to get you to buy more batterys so now I have ordered an cable which will plug into the battery then into my B6AC imax charger to solve the isue of the cells not balancing correctly an not have to put the battery in the mavic pro to run it till the mavic pro turns off many times to to just balance a battery pack so if there is any one out there with other ideas like getting my own 3S lipos an concert from the standard battery pack to my own an if my idea of using my B6AC balance charger is a much better way to go
regards Jasmine

The battery itself has a balancer. The thing we call a charger is just a power supply.

It does sound like you've got a bad battery there. If it is less than 6 months old, have it replaced under warranty.

Reactions: Thomas B
The battery itself has a balancer. The thing we call a charger is just a power supply.

It does sound like you've got a bad battery there. If it is less than 6 months old, have it replaced under warranty.
it's 7months old an only got one flyteout of the battery yes I know that the battery charger is only a power supply that's why I asking about using my balance charger to read each cell an to see really is it a bad cell in the pack

it's 7months old an only got one flyteout of the battery yes I know that the battery charger is only a power supply that's why I asking about using my balance charger to read each cell an to see really is it a bad cell in the pack
The only way your balance charger might perform a balance charge (or even to read individual cell voltages) is if you disassembled the battery to access the cell tap leads.

How was the battery stored between the first flight and now? It sounds suspiciously like it was allowed to discharge to critically low level on the broken cell.

If DJI said to run it until it stops, that will run it too low. That assumes that by "until it stops" they meant until it powers off as that would be 3.0v or less. If they meant auto land, that wouldn't be bad.

If DJI said to run it until it stops, that will run it too low. That assumes that by "until it stops" they meant until it powers off as that would be 3.0v or less. If they meant auto land, that wouldn't be bad.
Too low for what? LVC will operate to protect the cells from under voltage.

3.0v per cell is absolute minimum one should go and really not recommended to go near that. The AC should allow it especially in flight, but that would be for emergency situations, like still being 1000ft out from shore at 0% battery level. In that situation, use all you can until she drops from exhaustion.

3.0v per cell is absolute minimum one should go and really not recommended to go near that. The AC should allow it especially in flight, but that would be for emergency situations, like still being 1000ft out from shore at 0% battery level. In that situation, use all you can until she drops from exhaustion.
You are working with a common misconception- at 3V a LiPO cell has around 5% remaining capacity (no load) so 3V loaded provides an even greater level of comfort. You need to take a Lipo down below 2.7V at rest and leave it there to kill it.

The only way your balance charger might perform a balance charge (or even to read individual cell voltages) is if you disassembled the battery to access the cell tap leads.

How was the battery stored between the first flight and now? It sounds suspiciously like it was allowed to discharge to critically low level on the broken cell.
hi it was stored around 50% so dji told me to put it back into the mavic an just let it turn off as this will give it a treacle discharging this dang battery now goes to a charge of 75% with it being ok so why can this be I've not discharge it again to see if it will go higher but with what it's doing by going up in its percent rate charges I'm sure it will get to 100% I'm no expert on these things that's why I want to check the cells with a balance charger if I take it apart can i get a new case for it

Nope. They aren't designed to be repaired.
If you want to take it apart with the intent of putting it back together and fly with it, take it apart very carefully.
I doubt though you're going to make it better with an external balance charger. Might as well charge the cells individually.

hi it was stored around 50% so dji told me to put it back into the mavic an just let it turn off as this will give it a treacle discharging this dang battery now goes to a charge of 75% with it being ok so why can this be I've not discharge it again to see if it will go higher but with what it's doing by going up in its percent rate charges I'm sure it will get to 100% I'm no expert on these things that's why I want to check the cells with a balance charger if I take it apart can i get a new case for it
You could remove the case, very carefully. An ultrasonic knife and lots of patience will get you there however there are no replacement cases available and you can’t get it open without butchering it.

The inbuilt charger is a balance charger. The individual cell voltages are available in the GO4 app. If it won’t charge your only real option is to check the power supply is delivering the rated voltage.

ok I'll have ago of getting it apart I have another battery an it's ok charges fine an causes no problem I wanted to ask have you Heard of the Cameron Sino brand of replacement batterys an the Powerextra brand would yo know which is the better type I have heard that the Powerextra have issues but I not seen anything on the Cameron Sino brand that I can get here in Sydney Australia they say it's a replacement for the original part number any thoughts on them an yes I'm going to attack the battery I'm having trouble with get it apart an check it so when you say power supply you mean the mavic battery power supply not the one in the mavic I seen on YouTube a guy replacement a small board in his mavic as he had battery issues

By power supply I mean what is ordinarily called the charger. It is nothing more than a nicely regulated DC power supply. The charge circuitry is all inside the battery.

By all means pull the battery apart but don’t.expect to be able to fix any problem you may find inside. Good chance you have a bad cell and it won’t be easy to find a replacement. I haven’t seen any HV LIPO cells the same dimensions. If you do find them please let us know the source. I would definitely be prepared to replace cells in old battery.

Power extra seem to get good reviews from people around here and other forums that have used them without issues. The only issue you may have is when DJI decides to get smart and lock out non OEM packs- they have a good history of doing that to us.

By power supply I mean what is ordinarily called the charger. It is nothing more than a nicely regulated DC power supply. The charge circuitry is all inside the battery.

By all means pull the battery apart but don’t.expect to be able to fix any problem you may find inside. Good chance you have a bad cell and it won’t be easy to find a replacement. I haven’t seen any HV LIPO cells the same dimensions. If you do find them please let us know the source. I would definitely be prepared to replace cells in old battery.

Power extra seem to get good reviews from people around here and other forums that have used them without issues. The only issue you may have is when DJI decides to get smart and lock out non OEM packs- they have a good history of doing that to us.
so why I can't get one of those aftermarket cell packs just take out the cells an replace them to the mavic battery board but if I find replacement separate cells I will let you know

so why I can't get one of those aftermarket cell packs just take out the cells an replace them to the mavic battery board but if I find replacement separate cells I will let you know
oh by the way the reason why I asked about those other brand of battery is because here in Sydney Australia it's getting hard to find just mavic pro battery but I can get the platinum battery easy enough but still 150 au dollars

I would upload a flight log (hover with the suspect battery) to airdata and have a look at what the battery is doing. Might be interesting to see what the cell balance and reported usable capacity and health are for that pack.

hi I got the battery apart didn't destroy it now charges have been done on my balance charger on each cell separately they all are balanced now all good put battery back together an now it want turn on my mavic it seems to not recognise the mavic any ideas on how to update the battery so it will work it's all good all cells are showing same voltage but my mavic won't turn on so it must not be recognised the battery any ideas guys how to update the battery

Ahm- it does sound like you have destroyed it.

So you disconnected the balance tap connector from the pcb and charged cels individually?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000