DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

What's do you all think about this?
e9a2ddc75f48a3e085ffdfa3f73686a5.jpg

Is that with it powered on??? It should be identifying 3S through the balance connectors

Lol, you mock me?
either way that made my day
If your designing/looking for something to put inside yourself over the weekend; The original & the Best..

nope,I wouldn't mock you. being genuine. btw I dont think that one would fit, you got a slimmer model[emoji41]

So I have found the Rhino 1050 mAh batteries for around $10 each and I see you are attaching them with Velcro. Can you clarify if the two prongs come with the batteries or are something you added and if so, how are they connected to the adapter? (ANSWER: I see MaxxMod sells the adapter with LED and prongs for $63. I am guessing this can be built for less with copper model train strips) Do you remove the plugs each time you charge it or just the batteries? (ANSWER: I am assuming not so as not to loosen the connection, but you can no longer transport the drone in your case, if you add the adapter on it.) Do the Rhino's come with a way to charge them? (ANSWER: It doesnt look like it and you have to Discharge all RHINO batteries every 2 days or they will overcharge and expand and lose their charge. You can also go up to 1500 mAh at the max end.) Finally I didnt intend to ANSWER my own questions but here is a YOUTUBE How To Link: [I deleted the link because it was idiotic and stupid.] This above mod is simple and straight forward.

Last edited:
So I have found the Rhino 1050 mAh batteries for around $10 each and I see you are attaching them with Velcro. Can you clarify if the two prongs come with the batteries or are something you added and if so, how are they connected to the adapter? Do you remove the plugs each time you charge it or just the batteries? Do the Rhino's come with a way to charge them?

Are speaking to me? You mean the connector? Yellow connector?

The XT60 connector comes with the battery in most cases.

So, I'm no expert. Buuut, here's what I see. That skid plate from China is almost certainly causing you problems. Especially in low light.

I've had this happen before during a flight. I went in and shut off all downward facing sensors. Landed great!

I have now tried to fly with no xtra battery on and it was dark. I had no problems with the Controls or landing problems.
I had the carbon skid plate on so my conclusion is that the plate is not disturbing the drone sensor.
What can it be then?
Does the battery mod disturb the electronics in the Mavic in any way? That's what I'm thinking[emoji848]

Two of these might work pretty well.

This is what a expert told me about this battery:

LiIon batteries don’t work well as they have a different discharge curve.

The Mavic thinks the LiIon is almost empty after a few minutes, but it isn’t. There is no way to change that behaviour.

I personally tested the Titans and they were no good.

Two of these might work pretty well.

This is what a expert told me about this battery:

LiIon batteries don’t work well as they have a different discharge curve.
The Mavic thinks the LiIon is almost empty after a few minutes, but it isn’t. There is no way to change that behaviour.

I personally tested the Titans and they were no good.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
I have now tried to fly with no xtra battery on and it was dark. I had no problems with the Controls or landing problems.
I had the carbon skid plate on so my conclusion is that the plate is not disturbing the drone sensor.
What can it be then?
Does the battery mod disturb the electronics in the Mavic in any way? That's what I'm thinking[emoji848]

Reactions: Jonas.Sut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR