DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

This is what a expert told me about this battery:

LiIon batteries don’t work well as they have a different discharge curve.
The Mavic thinks the LiIon is almost empty after a few minutes, but it isn’t. There is no way to change that behaviour.

I personally tested the Titans and they were no good.

Just because you don't know how, doesn't mean it's not possible. This behavior can be changed, but it involves doing stuff we're not allowed to talk about on this forum.

Just because you don't know how, doesn't mean it's not possible. This behavior can be changed, but it involves doing stuff we're not allowed to talk about on this forum.
You do know we have a conversation feature in this forum right . :)

Well, yeah, but I didn't want to assume that that was OK either. :)
It is perfectly fine to talk about anything you wish in conversations
pure3 .;)

Reactions: CyberNate
I did this today and got rid of the direct solder so I could close the legs again.. I think it may have better contact then the clip...If anyone attempts this or (maybe they already did or no one wants to) I would suggest cutting a bigger hole then I did...soldering the wires in there was like playing operation and i lost. "Don't Touch The Sides" BUZZZZZ! I tested it by turning the battery on outside in case it was grounded. I would have thrown it like a grenade..

Attachments

• IMG_5158.JPG
    IMG_5158.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 86

Yeah, that's it! That's the way my Mavic behaves[emoji1304]
But it does not do it every time, sometimes it works, other times it does not[emoji1304]
Because of this plate I have crash landed twice[emoji1304][emoji1304]. And I have just been very, very, very lucky that I did not smash my Mavic in thousen pieces[emoji1317]

Okay,, what's not allowed to talk about here?

12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

lock him up[emoji41]

Me?

Easy guys . I said or meant for it as in personal conversations .
Please don't make me clean this thread up .
Now please get back on your topic .:)

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
I did this today and got rid of the direct solder so I could close the legs again.. I think it may have better contact then the clip...If anyone attempts this or (maybe they already did or no one wants to) I would suggest cutting a bigger hole then I did...soldering the wires in there was like playing operation and i lost. "Don't Touch The Sides" BUZZZZZ! I tested it by turning the battery on outside in case it was grounded. I would have thrown it like a grenade..
Nice job, i was going to solder in there affter cutting a section out but never got around to it. Looks good man

Reactions: chazz
Nice job, i was going to solder in there affter cutting a section out but never got around to it. Looks good man

Thanks man,,,, for some reason it wouldn't power up the bird today, i couldn't tell ya why...The battery would turn on but the Mav wouldn't start so i ripped it apart and did the beanbubba mod...

Hey digdat0 I think I'm going to cut my 8 down to 3 cells...Its gona hurt a little because i don't think hobby king ill ever stock em again but i know you and DBs anxious to see this tested. ;)

Reactions: digdat0
Alright guys I need some help here.
@dirtybum @MacLak @chazz @Ed209...

So got my clip today, got my two lipo 3.0 MS batteries. Charged them all up, and hooked it up for a test flight.

Can you guys answer these questions for me?
1. Externals first or DJI battery first? On start?
2. Same question in shut off
3. I read I think I'm not supposed to charge these MS's to 100%?
4. I kept getting a RED error that said "main Controller Data Error"? I'd land and it would go away and I would start again. Normal?
5. I noticed my Mavic battery was going down like normal, blinking dot 4, then 3 etc. does it keep going and then the externals charge the battery?

I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Please help this noob!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS