DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

i'm guessing it's going to ring in right about 600 g for 3S

The dual 4000 lihv is 550grams which is very close to the limit already. That's amazing that only 50 more grams would give you 10AH. If Mavic can pull it off, that would give some serious flight time. Another option would be to do what BeanBubba did and gut a stock battery to remove the cells and add connectors for the externals. Then you'd have a fairly light setup, shedding well over 150 grams and having 10AH capacity.

The dual 4000 lihv is 550grams which is very close to the limit already. That's amazing that only 50 more grams would give you 10AH. If Mavic can pull it off, that would give some serious flight time. Another option would be to do what BeanBubba did and gut a stock battery to remove the cells and add connectors for the externals. Then you'd have a fairly light setup, shedding well over 150 grams and having 10AH capacity.

That's what I'm thinking too. Shedding that DJI battery and flying with just the board wired up to the 10AH battery. Could be a viable option if the whole kitchen sink rig is too heavy or inefficient. [emoji106]

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
That's what I'm thinking too. Shedding that DJI battery and flying with just the board wired up to the 10AH battery. Could be a viable option if the whole kitchen sink rig is too heavy or inefficient. [emoji106]

I tore my battery apart. Couldn't help myself. Curiosity got to me.

How do I deal with the balance leads? The Mavic ones are tiny, and the ones on the MS is huge. Any help?

Following this thread with interest. My concern is that the hand controllers battery duration is an issue. The controller really sucks the juice fast out of that little 1s cell. I'd like to put a 5000mah 1s cell on the back of it, anyone done this?

Following this thread with interest. My concern is that the hand controllers battery duration is an issue. The controller really sucks the juice fast out of that little 1s cell. I'd like to put a 5000mah 1s cell on the back of it, anyone done this?
As if that's not enough it also starts to charge my bt-300 when plugged in. Had to recharge remote in between flights when winds were still acceptable.

I tore my battery apart. Couldn't help myself. Curiosity got to me.

How do I deal with the balance leads? The Mavic ones are tiny, and the ones on the MS is huge. Any help?

You have to cut the balance leads and solder your own female 3S balance to it so that you can plug your battery into it.

Shouldn't be too much of a task would it? to take out stock cell on the controller and route wires out the back to a nice fat 5-7-8000mah cell ?

You have to cut the balance leads and solder your own female 3S balance to it so that you can plug your battery into it.

Let me ask you something.

Do you need a balance lead if I don't use the smart board to charge it?

So for example if I only used an XT60?

Or I assume the balance lead is to send relevant cell info to the application? Not just for charging?

Let me ask you something.

Do you need a balance lead if I don't use the smart board to charge it?

So for example if I only used an XT60?

Or I assume the balance lead is to send relevant cell info to the application? Not just for charging?
You'll have some jacked up batteries if you don't use that balance lead to charge.

You'll have some jacked up batteries if you don't use that balance lead to charge.

You misread what I asked. The balance leads are for charging mainly. So if I charge my batteries separate of the smart board do I need the balance leads.

I assume the balance leads are how the app measures each cell voltage.

You misread what I asked. The balance leads are for charging mainly. So if I charge my batteries separate of the smart board do I need the balance leads.

Im also misunderstanding what you try to say. You need the balance leads to charge the battery cells and balance them equally. This is how every lipo charger works.

You can charge without battery lead, but over time the cells may become out of balance. I'm missing a balance lead on one of my externals and still use it. Too lazy to fix it.

Got my prints today-
3b9583b085e1e49e369dcb63be98f02e.jpg

Reactions: ggg
Do I need the balance lead from the battery to the smart board?

If you are using externals without going through Mavic battery smart board, then no. Batteries can be used and charged without balance plug, but cells may become unbalanced over time. If you are connecting through battery smart board, then you'll need the balance plug.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Yeah not too good with the 2 - 5.2's 32min to 10%...I flew around a 1000' circle pattern...Compass errors pretty much the whole flight and Max motor speed when going into the wind (maybe 5mph wind) until then end when i hit 10% and it hit max motor speed as it was going down until it took a face plant in the ground...I pretty much had it gunned the whole flight...The flight log on Airdata doesn't reflect the flight as far as the errors i was getting maybe something to do with changing it to non dji battery IDK...DB you were right and i understand exactly what you mean now. This things a little Glitchy but it IS very durable,,, it took the face plant like a champ:)...

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes