DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

7133F6CD-64F0-4B7D-9C5E-6B7723C5CDC1.JPG8FE2BBC9-75EF-4892-83CC-879BB1269DCA.JPG4945EB0A-C456-461B-B57A-F2FA80CD5E7E.JPG01E58E5F-8A72-4496-A5B9-002080245341.JPG
Last night I fell down from over 100 meters with my Mavic and survived[emoji15][emoji1317].
It's the second time this happens, only that the first time this happend qfrom only 20meters. The problem is that the drone does not want to come down, or it comes so slowly that it would take 5-10 minutes to land the drone.

Because of this I will hover until I don't have more battery. It's like a sensor that is blocking it from coming down.?
Can anyone tell me why this is happening.?
Is it because of the battery modification?
Or is it because of the carbon skidplate that I have installed, is it blocking sensors?
Both times this happenend it was dark outside when I was flying, do light condtions effect the sensors on the Mavic?

I have a video of the fall and want show that video, but is possible to download a video to this forum.?

View attachment 19894View attachment 19895View attachment 19896View attachment 19897
Last night I fell down from over 100 meters with my Mavic and survived[emoji15][emoji1317].
It's the second time this happens, only that the first time this happend qfrom only 20meters. The problem is that the drone does not want to come down, or it comes so slowly that it would take 5-10 minutes to land the drone.

Because of this I will hover until I don't have more battery. It's like a sensor that is blocking it from coming down.?
Or is it because of the carbon skidplate that I have installed, is it blocking sensors?
Both times this happenend it was dark outside when I was flying, do light condtions effect the sensors on the Mavic?

I have a video of the fall and want show that video, but is possible to download a video to this forum.?

It's the second time this happens, only that the first time this happend was from only 20 meters.
The problem is that the drone does not want to come down, or it comes so slowly that it would take 5-10 minutes to land the drone.

Because of this I will hover while I'm trying to come down until I don't have more battery. It's like a sensor that is blocking the drone from coming down.?

I have a video of the fall and want show that video, is it possible to download a video directly to this forum.?

It's the second time this happens, only that the first time this happend was from only 20 meters.
The problem is that the drone does not want to come down, or it comes so slowly that it would take 5-10 minutes to land the drone.

Because of this I will hover while I'm trying to come down until I don't have more battery. It's like a sensor that is blocking the drone from coming down.?

I have a video of the fall and want show that video, is it possible to download a video directly to this forum.?

So, I'm no expert. Buuut, here's what I see. That skid plate from China is almost certainly causing you problems. Especially in low light.

I've had this happen before during a flight. I went in and shut off all downward facing sensors. Landed great!

Hey @Ed209 one other thing of interest. I found a setting that allows you to change the battery cells in DJI A2. You can select from 1s to 12s? I didn't mess with if you had a different battery? Would that be new?

Hey @Ed209 one other thing of interest. I found a setting that allows you to change the battery cells in DJI A2. You can select from 1s to 12s? I didn't mess with if you had a different battery? Would that be new?

I haven't messed with those settings. Not sure if the hardware could step down the voltage to 13.05v if you ran 4-6S. That might be a setting that carries across all if their hardware so you have to work within the requirements of the Mavic. I wouldn't try putting more voltage than 13.05v.

I haven't messed with those settings. Not sure if the hardware could step down the voltage to 13.05v if you ran 4-6S. That might be a setting that carries across all if their hardware so you have to work within the requirements of the Mavic. I wouldn't try putting more voltage than 13.05v.

Yeah I'm not trying it... but I am curious. I wonder if the app would show more than three cells? Potentially upwards of twelve?

I wonder why the A2 assistant has those as an option of not possible.

Just an interesting tidbit.

Yeah I'm not trying it... but I am curious. I wonder if the app would show more than three cells? Potentially upwards of twelve?

I wonder why the A2 assistant has those as an option of not possible.

Just an interesting tidbit.

Like I said, other DJI platforms support larger batteries. The Assistant isn't just for the Mavic.

Here's something I haven't seen tried yet: 2x Mavic batteries side saddled.
7660 mAh @ 416g
32:36 ~ 10%

Compared to dual MS 4.0's:
8000 mAh @ 550g

Thats 134g lighter and only 340mAh difference.

I compared my test oval numbers to true "out & back" distance runs with the MS 3.0s and the distance runs were about a minute better at battery percentage milestones. I still have to put it through a real distance test. Also the internal resistance of the DJI packs are a lot worse than multistar packs. This test was also with my #1 battery with about 50 charges on it. I tried with 2 brand new batteries and they kept going into charge mode. First time that's ever happened to me with the Mavic.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
1c783bfecbacc1a4edd1853cb0d847f0.jpg

fd3f7c6591b2fefc0d119a24cb179ce5.jpg

b69053aa1a2700583b3e3dfa919bd936.jpg

30070856a843c374a9e9e61223c7a699.jpg

nice work 209, if thats yer reeeal name!

seriously though, its this kind of creativity and real trial, and error and not just talk talk, that made you one of the most valuable players on the p3 bat mod thread. So glad you were able to jump back in over here and have easily become the main player of this bat mod thread. So fun to follow along, addaboy.

Reactions: ggg and Ed209
nice work 209, if thats yer reeeal name!

seriously though, its this kind of creativity and real trial, and error and not just talk talk, that made you one of the most valuable players on the p3 bat mod thread. So glad you were able to jump back in over here and have easily become the main player of this bat mod thread. So fun to follow along, addaboy.

Yes, my birth name is "Ed209" many years before the movie Robocop came out ;)

You know me, I like REAL data and REAL results. You're not gonna get that by just sitting around and chatting! Pretty disappointing results considering the Mavic packs performed very closely to MS 3000s. 2 MS 3000s are lighter than 2 Mavic batteries. So no reason to go with this I think. I will still do a few more tests and if things change I'll post here.

Reactions: ggg and mel69hash
it was definitely worth a try, but not surprised that they didn't stack up against the MS. Remember the P3 batteries didn't either even though a couple Florida boys were splitting them and claiming very great flight times none of the rest of us ever experienced that when we did it,all of our results were similar to each other's.

as far as changing the Mavic to a 4S in the assistant, just give it a month or so I'm sure Digdat will try it, if there's one thing I know Digdat loves to fry a board[emoji41]

Reactions: ggg
my Mavic is gutted right now with a new main board sitting beside it waiting for install, courtesy of Digdat.
when it returns we will be trying a couple things, one of them possibly being a 10.0 MS cut down to 3S solid block. May be pushing it though. I do like the way the solid blocks run underneath the Mavic

it was definitely worth a try, but not surprised that they didn't stack up against the MS. Remember the P3 batteries didn't either even though a couple Florida boys were splitting them and claiming very great flight times none of the rest of us ever experienced that when we did it,all of our results were similar to each other's.

Yup. I even tried a solid (un-split) P3 bat but it wasn't viable compared to the MS 5.2.
Was fun to try though!
54a8f8107fcc78edf908256844bfaa7f.jpg

my Mavic is gutted right now with a new main board sitting beside it waiting for install, courtesy of Digdat.
when it returns we will be trying a couple things, one of them possibly being a 10.0 MS cut down to 3S solid block. May be pushing it though. I do like the way the solid blocks run underneath the Mavic

Wonder what the weight is on that as 3S 10A? What's the current weight and cell count?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88