DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Ed209 this is what I bought based on your recommendation.

You'll have no issues when secured properly. I've flown aggressively with dual 3,000s in sport+ mode and they stayed on.

Edit: Oh yeah just to be safe, use some alcohol on the surface of the Mavic and batteries before you secure the Dual Lock. I also removed the stickers from the batteries so that the dual lock is adhered directly to the plastic shrink wrap.
bc7794b9a6e030902525a6fa07be36fd.jpg

You'll have no issues when secured properly. I've flown aggressively with dual 3,000s in sport+ mode and they stayed on.

Edit: Oh yeah just to be safe, use some alcohol on the surface of the Mavic and batteries before you secure the Dual Lock. I also removed the stickers from the batteries so that the dual lock is adhered directly to the plastic shrink wrap.
bc7794b9a6e030902525a6fa07be36fd.jpg

Thanks for all your advice! You've been most helpful and non-trolling! [emoji23]

Reactions: ggg and Ed209
Here's something I haven't seen tried yet: 2x Mavic batteries side saddled.
7660 mAh @ 416g
32:36 ~ 10%

Compared to dual MS 4.0's:
8000 mAh @ 550g

Thats 134g lighter and only 340mAh difference.

I compared my test oval numbers to true "out & back" distance runs with the MS 3.0s and the distance runs were about a minute better at battery percentage milestones. I still have to put it through a real distance test. Also the internal resistance of the DJI packs are a lot worse than multistar packs. This test was also with my #1 battery with about 50 charges on it. I tried with 2 brand new batteries and they kept going into charge mode. First time that's ever happened to me with the Mavic.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
1c783bfecbacc1a4edd1853cb0d847f0.jpg

fd3f7c6591b2fefc0d119a24cb179ce5.jpg

b69053aa1a2700583b3e3dfa919bd936.jpg

30070856a843c374a9e9e61223c7a699.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ggg and CyberNate
7660 mAh @ 416g

8000 mAh @ 550g

I compared my test oval numbers to true "out & back" distance runs with the MS 3.0s and the distance runs were about a minute better at battery percentage milestones. I still have to put it through a real distance test. Also the internal resistance of the DJI packs are a lot worse than multistar packs. This test was also with my #1 battery with about 50 charges on it. I tried with 2 brand new batteries and they kept going into charge mode. First time that's ever happened to me with the Mavic.
1c783bfecbacc1a4edd1853cb0d847f0.jpg

fd3f7c6591b2fefc0d119a24cb179ce5.jpg

b69053aa1a2700583b3e3dfa919bd936.jpg

30070856a843c374a9e9e61223c7a699.jpg

Very cool! That's a ambitious test!

So I just got word my Battery that's "authentication error" prone will not be covered by DJI. They only warranted for 6 months I guess.

Very cool! That's a ambitious test!

So I just got word my Battery that's "authentication error" prone will not be covered by DJI. They only warranted for 6 months I guess.

Went through the same BS with DJI. Now you have an excuse to make a hacked DJI battery like I just did. It really pisses me off that DJI doesn't back their dumb "smart" batteries when it's clearly a firmware issue. The one that happened to me happened when I charged it without the charging hub... And it was never used with any external batteries. I tried everything.

Went through the same BS with DJI. Now you have an excuse to make a hacked DJI battery like I just did. It really pisses me off that DJI doesn't back their dumb "smart" batteries when it's clearly a firmware issue. The one that happened to me happened when I charged it without the charging hub... And it was never used with any external batteries. I tried everything.

If I make a hacked battery out of it, won't the same issue exist?

7660 mAh @ 416g

8000 mAh @ 550g

I think its awesome your testing this...I wonder where DJI gets their lightweight LIHV cells? Are there part #'s that i see on them there cells?

I think its awesome your testing this...I wonder where DJI gets their lightweight LIHV cells? Are there part #'s that i see on them there cells?

They are made by Dongguan Amperex Technology Ltd. says on the battery. They made the P3 batteries too. I don't think they sell individual cells.

3ff9aea21ac8c1a0eca4f378faee7b80.jpg

They are made by Dongguan Amperex Technology Ltd. says on the battery. They made the P3 batteries too. I don't think they sell individual cells.

Thanks man... I was thinking of buying a Phantom4 pro battery once and cutting it apart for the cells but they're a little pricey...They're 5350mAh but i don't remember if they're 4 cells or 6...if its 6 then it may be worth it to try on the Mavic...

3ff9aea21ac8c1a0eca4f378faee7b80.jpg

Hey can you post a picture of your "smart hack" battery solder points?

I'm not a total newbie for this kind of thing but this is my first venture into the battery mods.

How did your hacked smart board battery perform?

Thanks man... I was thinking of buying a Phantom4 pro battery once and cutting it apart for the cells but they're a little pricey...They're 5350mAh but i don't remember if they're 4 cells or 6...if its 6 then it may be worth it to try on the Mavic...
I am pretty sure that the P4 battery is a 4s.

I thought about that too. P4 is 4S. Not sure what the weight would be but could be an interesting test. I have some P3 cells laying around that I could try; they're 4480mAh. But just need some downtime. It's a little time consuming to do the work.

My initial test of the Mavic hacked battery was pretty good. Nothing amazing but I think the MS 4000 or even 3000 is a more economical choice considering the price of a Mavic battery. I'll push the dual Mavic externals on a distance run once time/weather allow. Who know's if the weight savings vs the MS 4000 will show on a real distance flight...

Yeah you guys are right 4s..maybe a guess would be 330 to 340grams for 3 cells at 5870mah...Not to bad the MS5200's weight 320...Like you said higher resistance though...

Capacity: 5870 mAh
Voltage: 15.2 V
Battery Type: LiPo 4S
Energy: 89.2 Wh
Net Weight: 468 g
Charging Temperature Range: 41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
Max Charging Power: 100 W

I have some p3 cells laying around if you want them they weigh 338grams so 3s would be maybe 255grams...i split the pack you can easily change it to 3 s..PM me your address if you want them NP...

Edit: Hey ed i thought you said you wish you had some p3 cells but you said you do have some sitting around sorry man but you can still have the if you wnt them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu