DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

If you plan to use a wider top tray (58mm space) i d advice to do this (shorten rear end):
View attachment 19831
Double 3000 fits nice n tight.

So how wide and long does that too tray have to be to fit two side by side?

I have one getting printed today but I haven't submitted the final yet.

I realize I'll probably just end up dual locking because the clips and trays add unnecessary weight.

I went to 3dhubs.com to get mine printed (abs plastic, 100% fill). However, I just ordered 2x 3000mah LIHV from HK as well and I don't think the 3000's will fit with the batt_wings. As @Ed209 stated it puts the batteries close to the props! I also had the top mount holder (from cruzroy) printed and I will use that carry the 3000's.

These are 1300mah (73mmx35mmx24mm). I pushed them forward a bit more and they worked fine with the batt_wings.

View attachment 19826
View attachment 19827

The MS 3000 LIVH is (107mmx36mmx25mm). I will use the top mount for these.
I painted on some more abs plastic onto the sides of the mount (see pic below).
The printer said it would make them 3x stronger (it did)!

View attachment 19824
View attachment 19828

Just use 3M Dual Lock and forget the bat wings. You are able to drop the batteries down a little and give more clearance. That's what I do. They are secure enough with just the Dual Lock.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
View attachment 19830
Is this battery a good match with the Mavic OEM battery. .?

12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

lock him up[emoji41]

The 3000's will not fit the top mount side by side, you have to re-design the tray above to make it wider. In the latter case you gotta be careful cause the prop clearance with the rear blades is none if they flex upwards.
You think it's already wide enough for two lipos? Just needs to be shortened?
Thanks @Maclak, After looking again, the 3000's are 2 x 28 = 56mm wide and the top mount inside dimension is only 48mm. The top mount will have to re-designed to fit 2x 3000's.

Just use 3M Dual Lock and forget the bat wings. You are able to drop the batteries down a little and give more clearance. That's what I do. They are secure enough with just the Dual Lock.
The Dual Lock by itself is not a safe bet. That stuff wears out too quick to use without straps. It's your batteries though not mine.

The Dual Lock by itself is not a safe bet. That stuff wears out too quick to use without straps. It's your batteries though not mine.
The low profile version wears out quickly, but I've had good success with the standard dual lock. I run the much heavier 4000s without any extra support. The 3000s are lightweight in comparison and no issues. Periodically you can replace the dual lock to be safe, but I haven't replaced mine yet and almost always run external batteries.

The low profile version wears out quickly, but I've had good success with the standard dual lock. I run the much heavier 4000s without any extra support. The 3000s are lightweight in comparison and no issues. Periodically you can replace the dual lock to be safe, but I haven't replaced mine yet and almost always run external batteries.
Well I thought I had the standard stuff but it might be the low pro I'm not sure. I always run straps to be safe.

Been running the standard stuff on my P3 for 2+ yrs. Same piece of dual lock on the VPS and the batteries. Heck the MS 5.2 weighs a lot more than a 3.0 or 4.0 and no issues. Even after some hard landings in farmlands, the battery never fell off.

Yeah I just looked at that. That must be a little better than the 3560 that I'm using.

If you go to 3Ms site you can look up the data sheets for all of the dual lock products. They've got it all laid out. Different combinations etc. it will tell you how much surface area is required to hold X amount of weight. Or you could just take our word for it. It's your batteries [emoji12]

Reactions: ggg and sprtbkrydr
If you go to 3Ms site you can look up the data sheets for all of the dual lock products. They've got it all laid out. Different combinations etc. it will tell you how much surface area is required to hold X amount of weight. Or you could just take our word for it. It's your batteries [emoji12]
ok thanks!

Thanks @Maclak, After looking again, the 3000's are 2 x 28 = 56mm wide and the top mount inside dimension is only 48mm. The top mount will have to re-designed to fit 2x 3000's.

I had mine widened to 58mm. Hopefully that suffices.

I'll probably just dual lock it anyway for weight savings

Reactions: Maciekkret

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu