DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Thanks man

Does anyone know where the compass is on the board? maybe I could reroute...
The number one compass is coupled with the GPS unit in the tail. The number two compass is a standalone unit at the nose of the drone!

The number one compass is coupled with the GPS unit in the tail. The number two compass is a standalone unit at the nose of the drone!
Yes, the rear compass is under the top cover at the very rear. The wires are going right under it.

Last edited:
Japtastic, my input is this- that's a nice flight that will make the board at 26,000'. It says your top speed was 21mph? You should be able to go faster and therefore cover more ground if that helps!

Correct. He must've been flying with obstacle avoidance off. I did a test with it on and got crazy flight times too but if you do the math flying at 21-22mph doesn't net you the distance you would get if you flew GPS.

Correct. He must've been flying with obstacle avoidance off. I did a test with it on and got crazy flight times too but if you do the math flying at 21-22mph doesn't net you the distance you would get if you flew GPS.

Obstacle avoidance was on. Does it really drain that much power?

Must try it with it off now then. I did a bit of flying around at the end as you can see if you zoom in on the Airdata map.

Obstacle avoidance was on. Does it really drain that much power?

Must try it with it off now then. I did a bit of flying around at the end as you can see if you zoom in on the Airdata map.
OA on the motors aren pulling as much juice. But you won't cover as much ground going 21mph to 50% and turning around and flying 21mph back. That's what I'm saying by the math doesn't work out to farther distance.

I think I've got you. 9000m seems unrealistic then?

I'm not sure what kind of time a single 4000 will return when running at GPS mode. I do know that with OA you get a BIG gain in time but again, you're never going to cover the same amount of distance.

I tested dual 1700mAh packs with OA on and got 27:54 and landed at 24%. Covered 44,484ft.
Same batteries in GPS mode: 20:56 landed at 31%. Covered 55,120ft.

I just can't get above 21,505 with a stock battery and controller.

I was trying Sport mode at 35mph no good

I tried GPS with OA off 33mph no dice.

I think I'm gonna try GPS with OA off and 29mph

There would be no way for the battery circuit to calculate anything other than what is in the original battery . Adding extra batteries in parallel would show 100% until the overall voltage begins to drop but the logic would be calculating remaining time and distance according to the known capacity of the original battery .

What about opnenig a oem mavic battery and make a add-on battery of that?

Yes, it has been done, as we know, but needs some electronics to trick the Mavic into starting/thinking it has the original battery/correct voltage. This then adds another layer of failure that may not have many hours of testing + I'm not aware of a tutorial or youtube how to on how to achieve this with parts list etc. Happy to be corrected if this is not the case.

Yes, it has been done, as we know, but needs some electronics to trick the Mavic into starting/thinking it has the original battery/correct voltage. This then adds another layer of failure that may not have many hours of testing + I'm not aware of a tutorial or youtube how to on how to achieve this with parts list etc. Happy to be corrected if this is not the case.
I accidently flew mine with the main battery switched off once and it flew fine.

Anyone got a real weight of the MS 4000 LiHV? On a good scale [emoji106]

Thank you very much sir!

@Ed209, so per our discussion. I got two lipo 3.0's today from Hong Kong! Also a decent charger from SkyRC.

I have my clip and dual lock coming.

Can you (or anyone) give me the best orientation for side mounting these little guys?

Btw I'm shock how small these batteries are in real life. I guess I imagined a big ol brick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind