DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

380m before homepoint, 8% remaining.
Creep goes ape$#it with critical battery and autoland. Controls are not responding.
I flew it down to 1% more often and it never kicked in. Was only at 15m altitude and slowly descended into the "Kattegat" (this sea is literally named like that).
Glorious and brave it hailed the Gods as it came down.
Though i knew i would lose it someday it still hurts. Kinda loved that little freak.

I'll pour a 40 out for yer lil' creep tonite maclak!
may it RIP at the bottom of the Kattegat it so loved to fly over[emoji41]

so did this happen as a result of the dreaded uncontrollable critical on the land where the aircraft starts going sideways and becoming uncontrollable? You did not have the critical autoland feature removed via assisistant?

so did this happen as a result of the dreaded uncontrollable critical on the land where the aircraft starts going sideways and becoming uncontrollable? You did not have the critical autoland feature removed via assisistant?
Sometimes it doesn't matter if you have it disabled or not. Mine auto landed just today @ 8% nothing I could do to stop it either. Had to drive 1/4 mile to get the stupid thing when it should have made it.

Cascade of events. Pushed limits, started with headwind which turned to become...headwind again on the way back, feature was removed and worked well numerous times but not this time. Something got into it and indeed turned into totally unresponsive system the moment it gave the critical battery thing. All signals indications were good.
Cannot pull logs even, they do not exist!
Something went absolutely wrong.

380m before homepoint, 8% remaining.
Creep goes ape$#it with critical battery and autoland. Controls are not responding.
I flew it down to 1% more often and it never kicked in. Was only at 15m altitude and slowly descended into the "Kattegat" (this sea is literally named like that).
Glorious and brave it hailed the Gods as it came down.
Though i knew i would lose it someday it still hurts. Kinda loved that little freak.
oh man im sorry to hear that Maclak! hope ya get in the air agin soon!

What is it that we have or have not figured out yet??

The unpredictability in the sub 10% battery range and the sometimes crazy forced landing. You would think this would be a simple math equation, but I guess not...

@chazz, i've been checking for you over on the leaderboard thread with that 8

I'm going test it this weekend if the weather holds up and test flight time but I don't think I'll be making it to the leader boards any time soon...Ill definitely keep you posted...

Oh and hey what kinda times have you been getting with that charged MS8? What about double 4's flight times?

I'm going test it this weekend if the weather holds up and test flight time but I don't think I'll be making it to the leader boards any time soon...Ill definitely keep you posted...

Oh and hey what kinda times have you been getting with that charged MS8? What about double 4's flight times?
Double 4000 LiHV is good for 40 minutes in perfect conditions.

I only made it two or three runs with my 8.0HC overpacked to 4.32. but the last run in decent conditions I went 50,000 and came up 1000 feet short due to the Squirrley auto landing which ended up in a tree line. before it got uncontrollable I was on schedule to land with about 7%
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

The maiden flight with the 8.0 HC overpacked I did an easy 40,000 and returned with 22%. 8.0 flies real nice on the Mavic.
I was hoping that with changes in the assistant with the auto landing debacle that when I get it back in the air I could get back on to the distance runs, but after Maclaks recent incident I'm thinking there's no hope for distance runs with the Mavic. If you can't rely on your skills to bring it home after 10% then there's no point in trying

Hey experts,

I had a couple factory batteries separated from their housing from the tests in the factory battery mod thread and decided to make them standalone external batteries with a small soldering exercise. They are significantly lighter than the multistar LiHV 4000 units and I was curious how they would perform in a hover test. I used a factory battery as usual and the two external's using the "ear ring" power supply mod.

Factory battery pre flight:

External batteries pre flight:

Mavic Go4 Telemetry:
Minutes/RPM%/Battery

08:00 / 58 / 3.97
12:00 / 60 / 3.85
16:00 / 64 / 3.78
20:00 / 64 / 3.72
24:00 / 66 / 3.68
28:00 / 69 / 3.64
32:00 / 72 / 3.56 (Go4 app displayed 0% battery at this point)
38:27 / 77 / 3.40

External batteries post flight:

I am curious how this hover test compares to the dual external multistar LiHv 4000 run times. Since these units are not to be found on the planet anymore, I was searching for alternatives and curious what the experts see in this telemetry and if there are suggestions or comments.

dronemods-182.png dronemods-181.png dronemods-180.pngdronemods-183.png

Last edited:
so Bean, you're saying after your app hit zero you ran it for another six minutes?
how did the flight end ,just ran it till it dropped out of the sky

. If you can't rely on your skills to bring it home after 10% then there's no point in trying
I've made many flights since I tuned mine in assistant and many flights it has worked flawless but just like Maclaks mine just decided it wanted to take on a mind of it's own and down itself with 8% battery remaining so when that happens you can throw skill out the window.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c