DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

He's probably on day 38 of a record flight. Remember? He said he was gonna go out and prove to us all that he was legit and get another run in!

Hey now, @djhoodrich was right about one thing... he knew how to sell some batteries. A photo, and Viola they were actually out of stock.

Truth be told, there is a few people on YouTube that claim the same thing. I saw several videos explaining how 18650's were better than the old LIPO batteries.

Speaking of YouTube, you should go and watch DJ's other videos he's posted. It's a good few hours of entertainment. He has a motor that he put a big old system on. Good stuff.

Reactions: djhoodrich
So dj hooch is some sort of **** then! It woulnt be so bad if he came back after that post with 'only joking sorry'.

Last edited by a moderator:
So dj hooch is some sort of **** then! It woulnt be so bad if he came back after that post with 'only joking sorry'.

more of "who cares" situation at this point. pretty sure because of Ed209's test that DJhoodrats was false or rigged, he also never duplicated the flight or attempt to lead us all to believe that it wasn't fake. Of those of us that have tested them all the results were very similar and for 7000 MAH the numbers weren't great. if we have to look on the bright side it did spice up the thread there for a minute[emoji41]

Reactions: Ed209
I want you to break it! That's a great idea, to run with dual lihv 5200s minus factory battery, provided you are able to keep battery info. That would be excellent power to weight ratio. Try to mount them on the bottom rather than sides.

Have you guys ever tried to run the two 5.2's WITHOUT a smart board?

I just realized the Mavic does allow it. Reason I know this, is because when I have "non-DJI battery" selected, I can add my externals and if they charge the battery, the stock battery will shut off, but the Mavic acts as normal. If o don't have that on, I get "battery error" and can't fly.

Normally charging my stock battery is normal. So I always take off for a minute with the stock off and drain the externals slightly then I turn on the stock battery until it stays on without charging.

I'm wondering if I just hooked up two 5.2's with the clip, if I could achieve what @beanbubba was talking about without any major surgery.

Thoughts?

I will say, a single 5.2mah was super impressive. Performance wise. I flew my longest flight and came home with tons of juice left, like tons!

Please share your thoughts.

@Ed209 your input would be good.

I think after doing two 4.0's that two 5.2's is possible with the stock battery. I think Bean's broke because of the repeated torture and heat cycles, combined with the two batteries plus the weight of the Trackimo, and drop rig?

Have you guys ever tried to run the two 5.2's WITHOUT a smart board?

I just realized the Mavic does allow it. Reason I know this, is because when I have "non-DJI battery" selected, I can add my externals and if they charge the battery, the stock battery will shut off, but the Mavic acts as normal. If o don't have that on, I get "battery error" and can't fly.

Normally charging my stock battery is normal. So I always take off for a minute with the stock off and drain the externals slightly then I turn on the stock battery until it stays on without charging.

I'm wondering if I just hooked up two 5.2's with the clip, if I could achieve what @beanbubba was talking about without any major surgery.

Thoughts?

I will say, a single 5.2mah was super impressive. Performance wise. I flew my longest flight and came home with tons of juice left, like tons!

Please share your thoughts.

@Ed209 your input would be good.

I think after doing two 4.0's that two 5.2's is possible with the stock battery. I think Bean's broke because of the repeated torture and heat cycles, combined with the two batteries plus the weight of the Trackimo, and drop rig?

You need a battery meter. Can't fly blind to your remaining power. Yes, it will work, but you'll end up falling out of the sky if you miscalculate or have a bad cell. This happen to me once when I didn't realize my main battery was off. You won't get any notifications until you're at critical battery, like 1% and then it just starts spinning and falling out of the sky. You need the smart board with the mavic internal cell removed like BeanBubba did.

well no big numbers today for me
working on few test, but want to fly some helis to......but I did the dual 1000 mah lipos on top, for a woping 19.31 minute of flying around.....that's not bad for spare lip hanging around......and light weight, I don't know n 2 stocks yet, got chores to do........but I will do soon............yes flying both by myself......I trust my DJI products..............just don't trust DJI
IMG_5959.JPG IMG_5960.JPG IMG_5961.JPG IMG_5963.JPG IMG_5965.JPG IMG_5966.JPG IMG_5967.JPG

I knw but they are just test......these are small lipos, yes bigger is better........don't tell my girl that......but there is a weight to power ratio that would give you best time, and not stress the ESC,s......7000 mah is a lot for mavic.....unless you fly close

I fly mine just about every day with a pair of 3000mAh LiHV's with no problems at all. And I don't do anything but distance runs with my Mavic.

Been looking for the pair of 3000mAh LiHV setup
How do you keep them charged and what do you use to charge them? are you running boosted antenna or stock, also could you show some pics of your setup? Thanks in advance....

How do you keep them charged and what do you use to charge them? are you running boosted antenna or stock, also could you show some pics of your setup? Thanks in advance....

We do both boosted and not. The boosted on the Mavic isn't completely necessary. But can be good in some situations.

Go to Hobby King website, buy a SkyRC charger and pickup Multistar LIHV's.

You're in the right place! Lots of help here!

I use the SkyRC imax lipo charger. Any lipo charger will work as long as it will charge LiHV batteries. Not running stock. I have the complete Nanosync boosted kit from MaxxUAV.com Here is how I mount the batteries to my Mavic.

SAM_0172.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason