DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Thanks man. I couldn't see the voltage but i see it didn't try to land. I'll have to try my LIHV lipo to see if it does that too.. Do you have your voltage shown on your main screen? if not you can choose this in the battery/advanced setting in the app. i like having it on there...

Edit: when you try it next time can you check the voltage when the "started doing something weird" happened?

Last edited:
Thanks man. I couldn't see the voltage but i see it didn't try to land. I'll have to try my LIHV lipo to see if it does that too.. Do you have your voltage shown on your main screen? if not you can choose this in the battery/advanced setting in the app. i like having it on there...

Edit: when you try it next time can you check the voltage when the "started doing something weird" happened?

I did have it on my screen. I didn’t take note of what it was though.

So a LIHV charger will charge a normal lipo to 4.35v ?

i've done it about a dozen times, so don't know the long term effect on the battery, but the battery does work well. I haven't noticed any puffing or overheating during charging, but I would recommend charging outdoors and keeping a close eye on it, put your hands on it to occasionally to feel for overheating or puffing during charging.
I also recommend using the battery immediately after charging. I've noticed when I charge at night and then fly in the morning, one of the cells has discharged slightly overnight so the battery is unbalanced.

I've charged regular lipos on HV to peak them right before use. Works well, but I can't comment on the long term effects.

22757-247512f91c9f29c9a3ff5ec5f528e5c0.jpg

22758-1856e9668f96639c39475551b56f089c.jpg

22759-383298479ec68026ecedc052aab152f8.jpg

22760-6b09d493cb26d3f2550aa33b0246f122.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9487.JPG
    IMG_9487.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9486.JPG
    IMG_9486.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9485.JPG
    IMG_9485.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_9484.JPG
    IMG_9484.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
Just dunno whether to go LiHV or not? It means buying 2 more chargers and even more lipo's. Im running out of room in my garage!!
In a nutshell what are the benefits of LiHV?

Just dunno whether to go LiHV or not? It means buying 2 more chargers and even more lipo's. Im running out of room in my garage!!
In a nutshell what are the benefits of LiHV?

The Multistar LiHV batteries are far superior to other batteries due to the low weight per mah and low internal resistance. If you are looking for moderate flight time increase like 6-8 minutes, then lipo is fine. If you want to 15 - 20 minutes extra time, Multistar LiHV are the way to go. Multistar batteries are also cheap at $20 per battery. Do not get the lipo high capacity version as they have high internal resistance and you'll end up only using like 70% of the energy in them. Chargers can be had for under $50; however I do recommend getting a dual charger if you are running 2 external packs.

Nice work! Regarding battery placement, be careful about covering the GPS which is at the very rear in the top hump. You probably lost a few satellites. Could be a problem if you're flying in a area where skyline is compromised. A battery that large, you could turn off your downward sensors and suspend it underneath. Just put a small gap for the heatsink. Other option is to move it forward slightly on top.

Reactions: Maciekkret
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom