DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I finally bought a proper charger and wanted to know what you guys are putting back into your batteries vs. the rated capacity. This is a Thunderpower 4500HV @1C starting at 11.02v. DJI battery at 3.40v/cell after this flight.

XIpl4Ra.jpg

TP3500HV @1C from 11.29v
88hCZFT.jpg

Reactions: skybeamdrone
I finally bought a proper charger and wanted to know what you guys are putting back into your batteries vs. the rated capacity. This is a Thunderpower 4500HV @1C starting at 11.02v. DJI battery at 3.40v/cell after this flight.

XIpl4Ra.jpg

TP3500HV @1C from 11.29v
88hCZFT.jpg

Wow! That is a really good 4500! I usually only get about 4100 into my 4000 Multistar LiHV. The most I ever saw was something just under 4200, but that's due to Mavic sitting at a park discharging WAY below 3.4V while I drive out to get it from a failed run.

Were you charging at 1C (4.5A and 3.5A respectively) for those 2 batteries. If you were, that charge time is not good. It would mean that internal resistance is quite high. The batteries should ramp down pretty quick once approaching 13.05V. Anyway looking forward to you testing dual 4500s. If you can get that much out of them, that's very good for their weight. They weigh less than Multistar 4000 LiHV if I remember correctly.

1C charge rate but takes forever to trickle in the final charge as the current ramps down. The 4500 pack is around 241g.

4 miles out and back, you can do that stock lol. I used 1 x 5200 and did a round trip of nearly 16 miles, would've been further if I didn't have to climb so high.
2 x 5500 is too heavy imho, and won't be any benefit from using a lighter setup
Yeah, agreed after I got the batteries I ordered yesterday. Waaay to heavy. Even one, so ordered smaller as advised.

XIpl4Ra.jpg

TP3500HV @1C from 11.29v
88hCZFT.jpg

Lolo780, is this the battery your using?

2f99784c22c833f59d453ec9a0265a67.jpg

Yes, I have one 4500 and one 3500. If I had to order again, I would buy a pair of 4500s as it's about the same weight as a Multistar 4000. The 4500 is actually only 243g with stock length wires and XT60 plug. Take off 2-3g if you shorten the wires, solder carefully and use just enough shrink tube.

Reactions: BigMotor
Yes, I have one 4500 and one 3500. If I had to order again, I would buy a pair of 4500s as it's about the same weight as a Multistar 4000. The 4500 is actually only 243g with stock length wires and XT60 plug. Take off 2-3g if you shorten the wires, solder carefully and use just enough shrink tube.
Which batteries you use for the distance runs? I contacted a local supplier today. He told me they do not deal with TP anymore since they get too many returned cause of bad quality..

I use the TP3500 and 4500 packs in parallel, hardwired, and a DJI battery with the lower case removed and holes drilled on the upper.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I have just ordered a Multistar LiHV High Capacity 5200-Mah 3s battery,/charger and UAV battery clip would of loved a hardwired battery mod but i can't bring my self to drill in to my only child living at home lol,But I am now committed to going down the single battery route,i also have a a spare mavic controller that am planning on getting the maxxuav https://www.maxxuav.co.uk/collections/dji-mavic-pro/products/evolite-kit-plus-mavic-pro-editionWo
5200 is way too heavy, you'll burn your motors out, who's been giving you advice? Hahaha, how you doing Gazza, good to see you here

Reactions: Ciganoboxer

What about 2
Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000Mah 3S Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack mounted 1 on each side?

5200 is way too heavy, you'll burn your motors out, who's been giving you advice? Hahaha, how you doing Gazza, good to see you here
Mick you winding me up ? haha
I ent got the heart to put that big battery on the back of this new drone lol
I gonna get a single 3000 ,i don't wanna burn my motors out and have to go back to agoose again lol

Mick you winding me up ? haha
I ent got the heart to put that big battery on the back of this new drone lol
I gonna get a single 3000 ,i don't wanna burn my motors out and have to go back to agoose again lol
At least you got it in your arsenal, after a few flights with a single 3000 you'll be strapping that 5200 on when you man up a bit lol

Reactions: Ciganoboxer
After all these mods, still not seeing peoples flightimes increase by much. It seems its always around the 31-34 minute mark no matter how much mah we strap-on.

Depends how you fly. Stock battery is under 20 min in sport mode, 25min flown easy. With externals I can do 40+ min.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure