DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

d9ab44f4de4121f07375c6f1ba3b02be.jpg

Hey Guys,
So I Just got done testing this mod, and I wanted to let you know my results. I know that there is a lot of controversy over whether or not these actually work. In sport mode the batteries add about 4.3 minutes of flight time, while in regular flying the batteries add about 8.2 minutes of flight time even with the extra weight. It's not a huge difference but it can come in handy. I also like the way that the Mavic flys with the extra weight, it feels more stable. The mod I constructed above weighs around 176 grams in total. After about 2 hours of testing I have experienced no problems. I did a lot of research before testing this in the field and found that the extra power on the Mavics battery cells shouldn't affect it. My guess on how this works is that the LiPo batteries charge the Mavics smart battery while it is flying, as the remote doesn't read any extra mAh or volts, another reason I have for this theory is that the LiPo's can be used for three flights before they should be charged again. I am happy to answer any questions.
d9ab44f4de4121f07375c6f1ba3b02be.jpg

Hey Guys,
So I Just got done testing this mod, and I wanted to let you know my results. I know that there is a lot of controversy over whether or not these actually work. In sport mode the batteries add about 4.3 minutes of flight time, while in regular flying the batteries add about 8.2 minutes of flight time even with the extra weight. It's not a huge difference but it can come in handy. I also like the way that the Mavic flys with the extra weight, it feels more stable. The mod I constructed above weighs around 176 grams in total. After about 2 hours of testing I have experienced no problems. I did a lot of research before testing this in the field and found that the extra power on the Mavics battery cells shouldn't affect it. My guess on how this works is that the LiPo batteries charge the Mavics smart battery while it is flying, as the remote doesn't read any extra mAh or volts, another reason I have for this theory is that the LiPo's can be used for three flights before they should be charged again. I am happy to answer any questions.

Hi, I didn't catch how many mah your batteries are. I get my adapter today and bought 2 1500 mah batteries. Hope to get the 8 minutes you did, and thanks for doing the test. Please advise on mah.. thanks

I was told from a youtuber that 1 multistar 2200mah 3s battery with a constant discharge rate of 40c will give you 40 minutes of runtime!!! The youtuber said that is the sweet spot because anything beyond that will eat up battery life fighting excessive weight. Can any of the experience guys on this thread reply back with their thoughts?

I was told from a youtuber that 1 multistar 2200mah 3s battery with a constant discharge rate of 40c will give you 40 minutes of runtime!!! The youtuber said that is the sweet spot because anything beyond that will eat up battery life fighting excessive weight. Can any of the experience guys on this thread reply back with their thoughts?

Tell him to post his amazing distance runs on our board. Of course he is full of it. 2200 is a great battery for just flying around and will give you a good 10 minutes plus, but no where near 40 minutes at distance run speed of around 30mph.

Edit: Actually no where near 10 minutes. More like 6 minutes extra with a single 2200.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Mavic
Depending on how he flies, he may not even get 10 minutes with a Multistar lipo 2200mah 40c 195g. I was only able to get total flight time of 34 minutes with a single Protek LiHv 3600mah 100c 221g battery running it all the way down to 2%. at 20mph. He's probably better off going with a single Multistar LiHv 3000 or 400mah so he doesn't kill the battery by running below 20%.

Here’s some battery test info from page 100 posted by @singlag.

d156ab9a55dadde3ead4c290d0bc4c41.jpg

449b1b5f04fa0050e861443284bd0bca.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'll buy a mavic pro the next week and I'll looking for a battery mod with no hardware changes, I've seen this page:
DJI Mavic pro platinum and now spark mods power adaptor clip phantom 3
is it good for my goal? it says: You can use two 1500mah/1600mah/3000mah 3S LIHV batteries.
considering I'll do not antenna mod, which is the best setup of battery to obtain the max distance with stock antenna and this battery mod?
thank you bye

Hi guys, I'll buy a mavic pro the next week and I'll looking for a battery mod with no hardware changes, I've seen this page:
DJI Mavic pro platinum and now spark mods power adaptor clip phantom 3
is it good for my goal? it says: You can use two 1500mah/1600mah/3000mah 3S LIHV batteries.
considering I'll do not antenna mod, which is the best setup of battery to obtain the max distance with stock antenna and this battery mod?
thank you bye
That's where I think we all ordered our adapters from and mine should be in Monday. I also order a 4000mah 3s lihv 10c and 2 regular 1700mah 3s 10c to get started. All I want to order now is a clip to attach my batteries besides the 3m dual lock. Man we are going to have some fun this!!!!

Reactions: blanka
Tell him to post his amazing distance runs on our board. Of course he is full of it. 2200 is a great battery for just flying around and will give you a good 10 minutes plus, but no where near 40 minutes at distance run speed of around 30mph.

Edit: Actually no where near 10 minutes. More like 6 minutes extra with a single 2200.
You are right @CyberNate, a few people on the YouTube video called him out and I saw him today trolling with the statement on someone else's battery mod flight test video.

That's where I think we all ordered our adapters from and mine should be in Monday. I also order a 4000mah 3s lihv 10c and 2 regular 1700mah 3s 10c to get started. All I want to order now is a clip to attach my batteries besides the 3m dual lock. Man we are going to have some fun this!!!!

good!! why the site doesn't says that is possible to use 4000mah? how many minutes of flight with this?

good!! why the site doesn't says that is possible to use 4000mah? how many minutes of flight with this?

I have no clue personally but from what I have been reading, if you scroll through this thread, a few guys are getting over 30+ minutes.

Award Winning LiPo Batteries with Lifetime Warranty

This is an American battery company I ran across today. These batteries are expensive!

They are worth every penny! Long lasting, great performance.
I still have a couple pairs from the P3 days. Only downside is there only 14.8 V, the company told me they have no intention of dipping into the Lihv market. I've been through some expensive batteries, and max amps are the only ones I haven't regretted[emoji41]

They are worth every penny! Long lasting, great performance.
I still have a couple pairs from the P3 days. Only downside is there only 14.8 V, the company told me they have no intention of dipping into the Lihv market. I've been through some expensive batteries, and max amps are the only ones I haven't regretted[emoji41]

Aww man I understand!

its been moddified, with lower lip to carry lipos......rename the executable to .stl instead of .txt, and you good

Attachments

• mavic pro side saddle(1).txt
    69.3 KB · Views: 33
I don't have much report, but this thread seems a little dead so I'll post it anyway.
was testing out a direct mod I just put on a fw.300 bird, flew out and back with a little bit of wind using (1) thunder power 4.5 under the belly. Air data estimates 28+ minutes, not too great. But it was only one battery. On return there was 3.7 in the main battery, but 3.85 left in the external. Those TP's just don't burn even with the main.

One crazy thing about that test, this is a new bird to me so I had to check all the settings in my app, I strap that battery under the belly but didn't check to turn the sensors off. Upon take off the bird just climbed really slow and I couldn't get it back down, couldn't even shut the motors off to let it fall to the field, after holding my stick down for about 20 seconds it finally landed. Changed it in the app without turning the aircraft off, took off again same thing, I didn't realize there's advanced settings where I have to turn two more settings off, took off again still climbed,same thing, I had to shut everything down shut the app down, then the change took place. What a complete mess

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett