DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I don't have much report, but this thread seems a little dead so I'll post it anyway.
was testing out a direct mod I just put on a fw.300 bird, flew out and back with a little bit of wind using (1) thunder power 4.5 under the belly. Air data estimates 28+ minutes, not too great. But it was only one battery. On return there was 3.7 in the main battery, but 3.85 left in the external. Those TP's just don't burn even with the main.
I'd love to see the battery packs tested against each other. Was just checking out the CBA IV pro online...

I don't have much report, but this thread seems a little dead so I'll post it anyway.
was testing out a direct mod I just put on a fw.300 bird, flew out and back with a little bit of wind using (1) thunder power 4.5 under the belly. Air data estimates 28+ minutes, not too great. But it was only one battery. On return there was 3.7 in the main battery, but 3.85 left in the external. Those TP's just don't burn even with the main.

Warm up the battery before you fly, like 120 degrees on heat pad for extended period. You'll see it work much better. Then the heatsink plus current draw will keep it somewhat warm and resistance will be much less. I see the same with my Multistar LIPO high capacity batteries. On a hot day, they work pretty well. On cooler days they are useless, leaving over 30% in the tank.

26d2250a1c3ca7c61bfd789957cbbc5c.jpg

External battery insulation to help keep that voltage high. They'll cool during a long run so start them out as hot as you can get them.

Reactions: ZeeKodadii
2f88483fff7a7eec633af5ba2a0ab2cc.jpg

The Husban x4pro is quite the compact & light battery for a 7.0! slimmer than the MultiStar 6.6 and 8.0.
thanks Phoenix for the gift[emoji41]
Dirty what is the flight time with a single X4 Pro 7000mah?

Dirty what is the flight time with a single X4 Pro 7000mah?

I havent tried it yet, the wind has been brutal here for a week and prob will be for a week. I work outside on scaffolding, so that sucks. I'll try it 4.20 and then overpacked to 4.3 as soon as I can.

I havent tried it yet, the wind has been brutal here for a week and prob will be for a week. I work outside on scaffolding, so that sucks. I'll try it 4.20 and then overpacked to 4.3 as soon as I can.
I accidentally charged a 1300 lipo pack up to 4.5x volts by putting the balance lead from another battery into the charger.
I measured the discharge on it and the run time was around 25% extra. Still using that battery and no puffing.

Reactions: chazz
I accidentally charged a 1300 lipo pack up to 4.5x volts by putting the balance lead from another battery into the charger.
I measured the discharge on it and the run time was around 25% extra. Still using that battery and no puffing.

Thats great! now we have to figure out how to get the mav battery that high without it shutten off and that'd be the record run.

Thats great! now we have to figure out how to get the mav battery that high without it shutten off and that'd be the record run.
Remove the cells and toss the case, board and aircraft side connector, wire straight to ESC board. Does that still count as stock battery?

Fyi, was reading that the Protek brand of chargers can be set to charge LIHV batteries safely to 4.40.
so over packing an LiHv.
do you guys know if any other chargers, cheaper, that are capable of that? Has anybody here had experience charging to 4.40 per cell

Reactions: chazz
Fyi, was reading that the Protek brand of chargers can be set to charge LIHV batteries safely to 4.40.
so over packing an LiHv.
do you guys know if any other chargers, cheaper, that are capable of that? Has anybody here had experience charging to 4.40 per cell

That's good to know but Its hard to justify spending $250 for an extra .05V. I don't know of any chargers that do this but I'm able to do it to 4s lipos using the phantom battery board. Its a little buggy but after messing with it i get 4.39V.

so over packing an LiHv.
Just plug the balance connector from a different battery in and carefully top it up. My cheap hitec dumb charger can go to 13.6v +.

I haven't tried this on a flight battery though, only on a bench test.

Received the x4 7000mah lipo. Could not charge cell no1 above 3.75v , returned to Amazon for exchange. Pretty crappy for a €63 lipo.
Great Amazon service as always.

Reactions: Pipes101
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair