DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I use the TP3500 and 4500 packs in parallel, hardwired, and a DJI battery with the lower case removed and holes drilled on the upper.
2 of them 4500 would be ideal I think. Would like to get my hand on those but shipping only is 130 bucks to EU excl tax. TP does not react to email I send them about resellers in EU. Makes me think twice about spending money on em. It's too bad that brands like Hyperion focus so much on extreme C- rates. Makes the batteries too big n heavy, unusable for drone ops.

What do you want to know, I use 2 of those
Was just wanting to know the pros and cons of 2 of theses versus 2 of the other brands as for as performance, engine overheating, flight time and distance. ....and what would be the best charger for this setup? Thanks in advance....

Depends how you fly. Stock battery is under 20 min in sport mode, 25min flown easy. With externals I can do 40+ min.

how come you dont convert those minutes to miles lolo??
if you can do 40+ you should be on top of the board, at least 3rd

2 of them 4500 would be ideal I think. Would like to get my hand on those but shipping only is 130 bucks to EU excl tax. TP does not react to email I send them about resellers in EU. Makes me think twice about spending money on em. It's too bad that brands like Hyperion focus so much on extreme C- rates. Makes the batteries too big n heavy, unusable for drone ops.

my (2) TP 4.5's didnt do that great. too much left in the tank.
wonder why no one on here has tried the protek yet. Theyre actually pretty light.

wonder why no one on here has tried the protek yet. Theyre actually pretty light.

What do you mean by too much left in the tank? How many mAh did they need to fully recharge?

What do you mean by too much left in the tank? How many mAh did they need to fully recharge?

couldnt tell ya how much mah was put back because I never pay attention to that stat (I havent found a useful reason too), but the externals had 3.72 aver. while the main was down to 3.45 aver

Was just wanting to know the pros and cons of 2 of theses versus 2 of the other brands as for as performance, engine overheating, flight time and distance. ....and what would be the best charger for this setup? Thanks in advance....
LiHV Multi's are lighter than most others with similar power.
Performance, unknown caller used 2 off these and hit 58k ft (40 min flight) out and back but he hasn't submitted that flight to the LB. I've been 45k ft out and back, my location is letting me down from going further, due to signal interference.
I use a basic cheap charger & parallel charging board from hobbyking, I only have 3 batteries so this is ideal for me
Turnigy Accucell-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger LiHV Capable
HobbyKing Parallel charging Board for 6 packs 2~6S (XT-60)

Good for 40+ minutes of your Mavic battery is in good shape.
LiHV Multi's are lighter than most others with similar power.
Performance, unknown caller used 2 off these and hit 58k ft (40 min flight) out and back but he hasn't submitted that flight to the LB. I've been 45k ft out and back, my location is letting me down from going further, due to signal interference.
I use a basic cheap charger & parallel charging board from hobbyking, I only have 3 batteries so this is ideal for me
Turnigy Accucell-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger LiHV Capable
HobbyKing Parallel charging Board for 6 packs 2~6S (XT-60)

Thanks so much for your input, I purchased this one
Keenstone
4.3 out of 5 stars 55Reviews
Lipo Battery Charger,Keenstone 10A 100W AC/DC RC Hobby Battery Balance Charger/Discharger for Li-Po Li-Hv Li-Ion Li-Fe NiMH Ni-Cd Pb. Do you think that I could use this same Parallel charging Board to dual charge my 4000's as to keep them balanced?

I’m testing the ProTek 3600. they appear to have a lot of potential, the ProTek have a high discharge rate and their energy to weight ratio is about the same as the Multistar. I damage one of the batteries mounting it to high on the side of the MP And the battery took some propeller strikes damaging one of the cells. Waiting for the new battery to come in and some good weather to do a long distance fight test.

Thanks so much for your input, I purchased this one
Keenstone
4.3 out of 5 stars 55Reviews
Lipo Battery Charger,Keenstone 10A 100W AC/DC RC Hobby Battery Balance Charger/Discharger for Li-Po Li-Hv Li-Ion Li-Fe NiMH Ni-Cd Pb. Do you think that I could use this same Parallel charging Board to dual charge my 4000's as to keep them balanced?
Yeh I'm sure that board would be fine

Reactions: BigMotor
Yeh I'm sure that board would be fine

Thanks again, I'm boasted so I shouldn't have any problems as for as interference. I'm only interested in 6 or 7 miles out and hang time. ...if that's accomplished I'm good. ...gonna order that board......

As i get no answers from Thunderpower i ordered a pair of multi 4000 and a new scale. I normally mount on top and will do a comparison side-mounting as well. I have the feeling top-mounting could influence flighttime (negative). Will have to test and report..
What was the adviced MTOW (max takeoff weight) again? Somewhere around 1350g i recall..

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I’m testing the ProTek 3600. they appear to have a lot of potential, the ProTek have a high discharge rate and their energy to weight ratio is about the same as the Multistar. .

yes, you are the one who brought these to us and everyone agreed that they looked promising, thats why I wonder no one else has sent them airborne.
my excuse is I'm a broke bum[emoji41]
as soon as I can I will be getting a couple of the 2S protek 8.5's and building a 3S 8.5
ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery (7.6V/8500mAh) [PTK-5107-17] | Cars & Trucks

yes, you are the one who brought these to us and everyone agreed that they looked promising, thats why I wonder no one else has sent them airborne.
my excuse is I'm a broke bum[emoji41]
as soon as I can I will be getting a couple of the 2S protek 8.5's and building a 3S 8.5
ProTek RC 2S 100C Silicon Graphene HV LiPo Battery (7.6V/8500mAh) [PTK-5107-17] | Cars & Trucks

Wow I didn't think about that, it should give you over 11Ah with a battery weight under 450g.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest