DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Wowww Chazz, that's a very interesting mistake. Five minutes you'd think something bad would've happened. Thanks for sharing

Oh by the way, off-topic, Chazz, Took those Protek packs for a spin on the phantom today, not trying to break any records on that flight path, but I traveled 77,000 feet before the timer started counting down from 25 minutes, that was like 65 % .
Those are some good batteries

Oh by the way, off-topic, Chazz, Took those Protek packs for a spin on the phantom today, not trying to break any records on that flight path, but I traveled 77,000 feet before the timer started counting down from 25 minutes, that was like 65 % .
Those are some good batteries

Wow! that's friggin awesome man! Thats better then the ms's...Is that the 8 and 4.2? I have a couple 4.2's and 3.6's on the way and it looks like the 3.6's are lost in shipping. I may just cancel them and get the 8's...

All you guys should get a set of these Proteks. Not just doing distance, but just for having fun. They are so light that flight characteristics are just like stock. They are my favorite now. The Silicon Graphene material is supposed to be more durable as well. Very good quality. Looking forward to trying 3 of them with my larger 9 inch props.

Glad to see people are finally pushing these Protek batteries to their limits. I started testing these in September( post number 2680). My first long distance flight with a pair l when out to 50K at 60% and came up 1200 feet short on my return flight due to a bad crosswind, losing one of my MP in the bay last October. Like you said the last 10 percent of the Protek drops really fast.

I did another test of the dual 2200 today. I think I pretty much max them out at 28 min. Flying slower this time around 26mph. Hover for the last few percentage to get down to 9 percent landing. Outside temperature was 40 degrees F.

3.66v per cell on the main battery and 3.76 to 3.78 across the board per cell on the externals.

Looking back at my flight log, similar flight with the stock battery can only go between 15 to 19 minutes max.

Last edited:
I did another test of the dual 2200 today. I think I pretty much max them out at 28 min. Flying slower this time around 26mph. Hover for the last few percentage to get down to 9 percent landing. Outside temperature was 40 degrees F.

3.66v per cell on the main battery and 3.76 to 3.78 across the board per cell on the externals.

Looking back at my flight log, similar flight with the stock battery can only go between 15 to 19 minutes max.

You are leaving a lot in the tank. Fly them down to 3.5V.

Cyber I have a set of platinum props on their way to me. Should be here Monday. I'll see if I get any different with the Protek's
Sky Ninji DB was telling me that you are the one that turned him onto the Protek. That was a great find.

Reactions: SkyNinja
That means I will have to fight autoland. It activate at 10% battery.

You need to adjust the parameters in dji assistant. Change flight settings to specify non-DJI battery. Turns off auto landing until 3.35V.

cyber how many charges on the protek for this flight. Great flight but I'm seeing about 6000ft more at 90%. that is with 5 charges.

Don't go by percentage. That internal battery has different calibration. I have like 4 cycles.

Switch to non DJI battery in assistant, and turn the voltage thresholds down to minimum, as well as LED warning only.
You need to adjust the parameters in dji assistant. Change flight settings to specify non-DJI battery. Turns off auto landing until 3.35V.
Thanks guys, I just adjusted it down to 3.35v. Any other things that I need to look at in Assistant?

Hi Guys. Quick question.
If one takes 2x original Mavic battery's and strip them. Use the one board and split the sells to fit in a 3d printed case in a parallel connection.
  • Will this work, without getting an error?
  • Will this charge with the normal mavic charger?
The drawing attached is very bad. But should explain this a bit better.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: lolo780
Hi Guys. Quick question.
If one takes 2x original Mavic battery's and strip them. Use the one board and split the sells to fit in a 3d printed case in a parallel connection.
  • Will this work, without getting an error?
  • Will this charge with the normal mavic charger?
The drawing attached is very bad. But should explain this a bit better.
Like this?
1ec1908098e4f3f58ed1d657aea4706d.jpg
0d665edb3b51ae436b8abb8efcd98c76.jpg

I just ordered two of the ProTek's. They should be here Friday. How many amps are you charging these at to break them in?

Reactions: Phxbird57
I just ordered two of the ProTek's. They should be here Friday. How many amps are you charging these at to break them in?
I'm doing a full charge but only flying them down to 40%. for the first few times. Dirtbum said that Protek ask you to do a break in for the first few times like 5 at 50%.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead