DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Just flew out to the 59k limit with proteks. Didn't make it back. UAV forecast lied to me and wind was wrong direction. Landed in a park a bit over 4000 ft away. Diverted out of my path as I knew I wouldn't make it. Need just a bit more battery. I will try again with the standard props. See if they are any better.

Some bugs with mavic. My flight log vanished and of course I hit the limit and got disconnected and auto return home. Didn't try spoofing as I didn't intend on going that far.

Reactions: **mick**
4000 feet is real close. How close was that battery? What'd you land with.

4000 feet is real close. How close was that battery? What'd you land with.

Was at 3.48V, landed before critical auto landing hit. Wasn't worth the risk to try and make it. I saw how quickly it dropped on my previous test flight.

Just flew out to the 59k limit with proteks. Didn't make it back. UAV forecast lied to me and wind was wrong direction. Landed in a park a bit over 4000 ft away. Diverted out of my path as I knew I wouldn't make it. Need just a bit more battery. I will try again with the standard props. See if they are any better.

Some bugs with mavic. My flight log vanished and of course I hit the limit and got disconnected and auto return home. Didn't try spoofing as I didn't intend on going that far.
I'm thinking may need a little more than the 2 to make it. But how high did you have to go to make it to 59k?
I had to go higher than normal for me today. I'm going to blame the humidity, being the 30%.

I'm thinking may need a little more than the 2 to make it.

You could do a protek 3.6 and make a protek 4.2 , run those together for 7800mah @ 475ish g $160

It would be a very compatible competition for the thunder powers where you're getting 7000 MAH for just under 250 g

Looks like it time to order[emoji41]

Reactions: chazz
Was at 3.48V, landed before critical auto landing hit. Wasn't worth the risk to try and make it. I saw how quickly it dropped on my previous test flight.
Today the protek's were closer to the main battery at the end for me. The main battery was at 19% landing and the protek's were at 16 & 17 % at landing and even after 1/2 hour the 2 protek's were still at 16 & 17%. Today was not my best flight path and I did some corrections in flight. There was a little winds I was fighting on the way back.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I'm thinking may need a little more than the 2 to make it. But how high did you have to go to make it to 59k?
I had to go higher than normal for me today. I'm going to blame the humidity, being the 30%.

I always fly same route and I fly at 260 ft. This Mavic I got as a crashed one and it has some damage to the sma connectors on the processor board. I lose a bit of signal as the ground of the port is disconnected. Socket is floating with only the center pin intact. Anyway, signal was a little flakey as compared to usual. I only had 1 bar where I usually have 3.

I always fly same route and I fly at 260 ft. This Mavic I got as a crashed one and it has some damage to the sma connectors on the processor board. I lose a bit of signal as the ground of the port is disconnected. Socket is floating with only the center pin intact. Anyway, signal was a little flakey as compared to usual. I only had 1 bar where I usually have 3.
Hey I had to pop up over 200 ft which normally I don't have too.

Hey I had to pop up over 200 ft which normally I don't have too.

Doesn't make much difference. If you take it up slowly, barely notice the extra load for climbing. I can fly lower, but sometimes I'll get brief signal cut and then the drone is wasting energy with starting and stopping suddenly. If you have a spot that you get solid signal at low altitude it's the best of course.

Altitude makes a difference. I was up to 900ft on the far end of my record flight and the lower air density makes a difference, and of course energy expended going up.

Altitude makes a difference. I was up to 900ft on the far end of my record flight and the lower air density makes a difference, and of course energy expended going up.

Yes, going that high does, but I'm talking about like a 100 ft difference. 1000ft is another story. Flying at high altitude isn't necessarily more energy, but getting there is. If you have high pitch props, you'll actually fly more efficiently with less air resistance, but that's way up which would take too much energy to get there.

Yes, going that high does, but I'm talking about like a 100 ft difference. 1000ft is another story. Flying at high altitude isn't necessarily more energy, but getting there is. If you have high pitch props, you'll actually fly more efficiently with less air resistance, but that's way up which would take too much energy to get there.
Hover wattage goes up noticeably from sea level to 750ft. Difficult to compare forward flight due to wind.

3zjrBQG.jpg

Finally delivered.

I'm running at 1280 ft above sea level.

Platinum props will probably work better for you due to the slightly thinner air. They have more pitch and larger surface area.

Edit: Well it's not that different I guess at 1500ft flying altitude vs my 300-400ft. For people in Denver flying at 6000ft +, then the platinum props will definitely be better.

Platinum props will probably work better for you due to the slightly thinner air. They have more pitch and larger surface area.

Edit: Well it's not that different I guess at 1500ft flying altitude vs my 300-400ft. For people in Denver flying at 6000ft +, then the platinum props will definitely be better.
Sounds great ill get a set. Thanks again.

Just joined the forum but I've been reading through hundreds of pages on this thread. I'll share what I've done.

With dual older 2200mah 20c turnigy lipo batteries I had laying around I was able to get 28 minutes landing at 10% left on the main battery. It was at 50% 13 minutes into the flight going around 30mph at all time.

20171213_142133.jpg 20171213_145104.jpg 20171213_143804.jpg 20171213_142204.jpg 20171213_144835.jpg 20171213_161649.jpg 20171213_161655.jpg

Reactions: chazz
Just joined the forum but I've been reading through hundreds of pages on this thread. I'll share what I've done.

With dual older 2200mah 20c turnigy lipo batteries I had laying around I was able to get 28 minutes landing at 10% left on the main battery. It was at 50% 13 minutes into the flight going around 30mph at all time.

What does your setup weigh in total?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta