DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

What does your setup weigh in total?
15132199023862017240938.jpg 1513220148894-1592308183.jpg 15132202112541612706478.jpg
Looks like 398 grams for the batteries and velcro. 765 grams for the mavic with the stock battery. 1163 grams total.

The lipos are heavy. I have them wrap in duct tape and velcro for my earlier day of home made fix wing and racing quads.

Just joined the forum but I've been reading through hundreds of pages on this thread. I'll share what I've done.]

Welcome savixor,
You just joined, but you're obviously not new to the program, where might we know you from before, FB groups and other phantom forums?? Seems like you already have a little experience with the stuff[emoji41]

Thanks for the batteries suggestion and the welcoming. Those batteries do light a bulb inside my head, must be from one of the readings from earlier. Not too expensive, which is good. The ones in the later pages are more expensive but seem like they might be worth it. I will consider all the possibilities later but for now I'm using what I have.

No Im not on any other dji forum. Been building things starting years back and most of them have been lay to rest for now. Collecting dust I guess.

20171213_222416.jpg 20171213_222109.jpg 20171213_222229.jpg 20171213_222054.jpg

As an RC enthusiast of 8 years i fail to see the point of this.

What is the actual point?
because every little victory might lead up to a BIGGER victory possibly making a better battery/flight time for everyone. I live in the frozen north and every little bit helps.

As an RC enthusiast of 8 years i fail to see the point of this.

What is the actual point?
And who are you to express your negative opinions? If you don't see the point then don't post your negativity on others who enjoy their hobby.

And who are you to express your negative opinions? If you don't see the point then don't post your negativity on others who enjoy their hobby.
I'm not sure who you are ref too but I don't see any neg comments. furthermore the only thing I see is someone explaining WHY do the mod to enjoy more flight time and his findings thus ENJOYING his mavic. this is how bigger and better things are discovered.

Reactions: angusc
Sorry bigDave, working off the phone and didn't notice that was a very old comment that someone else resurrected from March.

Post deleted

All you guys should get a set of these Proteks. Not just doing distance, but just for having fun. They are so light that flight characteristics are just like stock. They are my favorite now. The Silicon Graphene material is supposed to be more durable as well. Very good quality. Looking forward to trying 3 of them with my larger 9 inch props.

All you guys should get a set of these Proteks. Not just doing distance, but just for having fun. They are so light that flight characteristics are just like stock. They are my favorite now. The Silicon Graphene material is supposed to be more durable as well. Very good quality. Looking forward to trying 3 of them with my larger 9 inch props.

Looking good, do you know if my lipo charger can charge them? 1513305938156-1414835299.jpg

Doesn't look like either has LiHV setting for 4.35V.

You can still just charge them to 4.2 with those chargers. For the price of these Proteks, you're better off getting a LIHV charger first, to ring the most out of them

Reactions: Savixor

lol, asking for a reason is not being negative angusc, i just don't see the point in adding extra weight to a drone and not gain much extra flight time.
I see people adding batteries to MP's on FB and only gaining a few extra minutes and some people seem to thing doubling the capacity doubles the flight time, it doesn't work like that :D

yup I got some decision to make but not in any hurry. So Ill be looking out for more test. I also found out that my Reaktor charger can change the lipo charge voltage to 4.30. I can also offset the voltage calibration a bit and get 4.35 but I guess it's not really recommended.

yup I got some decision to make but not in any hurry. So Ill be looking out for more test. I also found out that my Reaktor charger can change the lipo charge voltage to 4.30. I can also offset the voltage calibration a bit and get 4.35 but I guess it's not really recommended.
4.30V is good. You won't have any take off issues. Mine usually charges to 4.33 unless I top off a second time.

Checking my DAT files, I still have 3 bad motors, replaced 1 already. I bent my motor shafts when adding propeller adapters for 9 inch props. Beware of the DJI Snail adapters for which the Mavic motor shaft is too long. You have to grind them down or the base of the adapter will have a gap from the motor, just perfect for bending the shaft as you tighten screws.

Anyway, one I get my motors replaced, proteks should be able to bounce off the limit of 59k. I'm losing a good 5% plus energy on motor vibrations according to DAT files. 55K out is good, but they'll do better.

Reactions: dirtybum
I'm trying a little different setup with an ms4 plugged into battery control board and an ms8 hooked up in the normal place on the main board. I did a hover test the other day to see how it does and it was pretty dark and cold out and in a hurry i accidentally plugged the balance lead from the ms8 into the battery board and the ms4 main lead into the battery board. I ended up taking off like that and noticed i had over 16V going to the bird. i flew for maybe 5min thinking wtf is going on and i shined a light on it and noticed what i did. So I landed and reattached them correctly. It didn't seem to cause a problem other then one cell on the 8 was drained lower then the rest...I really didn't try to figure out how it was usin the 4 cells but maybe at some point i'll try a 4cell battery to see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.PNG
    IMG_0136.PNG
    412.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: lolo780
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members