DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Got some time to make the 18650 4s3P. It's been in the teens around here so i don't really know if i feel like goin out testing this weekend.

Attachments

• lion1.JPG
    lion1.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 112
  • lion2.JPG
    lion2.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 116
Thx for sharing savixor. I have some on order and wondering if you could share the WxHxD dimensions and the weight of one unit?

87mmx24mmx42mm

218grams with xt60 and dual lock strip on the side. Leads are cut in half to fit my mavic setup.

Reactions: lolo780
Got some time to make the 18650 4s3P. It's been in the teens around here so i don't really know if i feel like goin out testing this weekend.
I have just tested 4s1p 18650 yesterday. Bad result. Motor overload warning and auto land a few second after take off

Attachments

• IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
@dirtybum,,, I just thought of something...Do you need that wrap because yur chopping up the 8500?

In the future, that stuff beats the packing tape ive been using.
I still have to take the 8.5's on a couple loooong phantom trips while theyre still 4S. I think they can do 70 and back.
Eventually they'll be tested on the mav.
Right now we're plagued w/
-20 degree windchills for a few days, so there will be no flying [emoji41]

Winter is finally here.

Reactions: Phxbird57
In the future, that stuff beats the packing tape ive been using.
I still have to take the 8.5's on a couple loooong phantom trips while theyre still 4S. I think they can do 70 and back.
Eventually they'll be tested on the mav.
Right now we're plagued w/
-20 degree windchills for a few days, so there will be no flying [emoji41]

Winter is finally here.

Oh good i was hoping you were still testing the 8.5 on the phantom. I keep two sizes of that wrap on hand. 85mm and the 103mm. they both come in handy. I think I used the 85mm for my split ms8 and 6.6. Its good stuff and weighs next to nothing. I also bought a cheap heat gun which does its job. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EU2T8GG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...
And holy crap i thought 0 was fkn cold! -20! I wouldn't leave the house.

For the people trying the 4s batteries in combination with the 3s dji battery, i'm not totally sure but i think that's how the Chernobyl incident happened...

I have just tested 4s1p 18650 yesterday. Bad result. Motor overload warning and auto land a few second after take off

For the people trying the 4s batteries in combination with the 3s dji battery, i'm not totally sure but i think that's how the Chernobyl incident happened...

So chazz when you try the 4s its w/out the main.
When you tried rcbanme it was with a main mav bat

You can't run 18650 cells in 1p configuration. The max current is far too low. You need 3p.

Same as i did the 21700's pictures a few pages back. That worked it was just too heavy and had to land when i started smelling the motor burning. i'm sure it'll fly its all about how long it stays in the air and the only way I'll know is by trying it.

Reactions: Maciekkret

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober