DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The motor shouldn’t get that hot with a 3000 and 1800 battery. I can fly 42 minutes with two 4600 batteries with no issues. I am interested in how your Mavic is balanced with two different batteries on each side. I do fly with two different batteries sometimes, but I center them underneath the Mavic

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Sorry for the confusion, SkyNinja. I will run either dual 3000mah batteries or the Bolt 1800mah. I do not run with 3000mah on one side and a 1800mah on the other.

Honestly, the main reason for wanting to measure motor temps is because I recently had my mavic repaired, ESC board fried due to excessive heat. Here is my story . I wanted to see how well the voltage of the dual external Multistar 3000mah LiHV compared to that of the main. At that time I was using the battery clip, and had not yet hardwired it. The weather was windy and rainy, so all I could do is let it hover in my garage for about 5 minutes or so, just long enough to bring the batteries down some. I was just about ready to land when I heard a ticking noise, thinking it's one of the props nicking one of the wires. I started landing and about a foot above the garage floor the left front motor seized up and the mavic spiraled down the last 10 inches or so. There was no damage done to aircraft in any way, but when I went to touch the left front motor, it was so hot the plastic it sits in softened up to the point I could wiggle it. I couldn't understand why other pilots running the same setup did not have issues. It finally dawned on me that I had the 8331 low noise props on and with mine the props are much too flimsy to support the added weight and consequently needed more and more power which then "charred"(repair man used that word) the ESC board. Sorry for the long post.

Happy flying!

Last edited:
I mount them underneath, using a rubber bracelet and turn off the underneath sensors.

The rubber bracelets hold the batteries real tight and weigh almost nothing. I use them on all sizes of batteries both mounted on top and bottom of the mavic.

IMG_1242.JPG

Yes, I don’t know if there’s any benefit in using them over the stock ones.

Thanks, I’ve tested a lot of different set ups, antennas, amps and batteries over the last year and a half.[emoji851]

SkyNinja, do you always mount your batteries on top or bottom? Have you side-mounted your batteries before. If so, is one way better than the other for longer flight times?

SkyNinja, do you always mount your batteries on top or bottom? Have you side-mounted your batteries before. If so, is one way better than the other for longer flight times?

I use to fly with the batteries on the sides. I just find it easier and quicker to mount them on the bottom or top with one rubber bracelet. When I first started mounting my battery underneath the MP I thought it would give me better aerodynamics, but There is no supporting data that shows flying with the batteries underneath is more aerodynamic then flying with the batteries on the sides.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Began running thermal comparison test today. Going to do several test for each load for average.
Weather will remain constant for the next few days so that will help.

Happy flying!

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja
hi skynina, what antenna booster do you use? 59000 is pretty far :D

For that flight I was using Titan drone Atlas as the booster for a MaxxRange 14db antenna. Most of the time I just use my Titan drones Cyclone it works really good I have flown out to 56,000ft. The MaxxRange setup Heavier then the Titan Cyclone but it’s signal is a lot stronger and I don’t have to elevate over 50 feet.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji