DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Can you point me to the info showing the right antenna is not used for anything? Per this video, while testing the power output of the MP controller they have the power meter connected to the right output. Obviously they have modded this remote but I assume they connected to the same points the stock antennas were connected.

EDIT: Found BeanBubba's post, i will look though that.

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

720p_en.MOV

Last edited:
1.5 watts!!!!??? Ahh so that's why my controller gets so hot and requires that cooling fan to be running.

Yeah, without checking the component specs in the RC I would not recommend running it that high. Its not a ton of power but it is a high duty cycle, could be fine but if I go that route I'm checking specs first. And thinking about it again, the RC side would be low duty cycle so it should not be a problem, it would be the bird side video with the high duty cycle.
1.5 watts!!!!??? Ahh so that's why my controller gets so hot and requires that cooling fan to be running.

Last edited:
Cooling on the AC side in flight is excellent. The RC has a fan and rarely runs at 100% duty cycle. Perhaps in a very hot climate it could be an issue.

On a Mavic Pro, all stock hardware and FCC only I routinely get 7km with 2-3 bars signal. That's with a left side reflector and the right antenna stowed.

Reactions: Chaser
Can you point me to the info showing the right antenna is not used for anything? Per this video, while testing the power output of the MP controller they have the power meter connected to the right output. Obviously they have modded this remote but I assume they connected to the same points the stock antennas were connected.

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

720p_en.MOV

WTF? did you see this 720p MOV ?? guy reads 1.5 on the RIGHT antenna?? everyone is talking about that a RX antenna... so how can this transmit in the video?

Yeah, I was going to ask @beanbubba about this. Seems he has some sort of TX out the right antenna. But who knows what he changed inside that thing.

Cooling on the AC side in flight is excellent. The RC has a fan and rarely runs at 100% duty cycle. Perhaps in a very hot climate it could be an issue.

On a Mavic Pro, all stock hardware and FCC only I routinely get 7km with 2-3 bars signal. That's with a left side reflector and the right antenna stowed.

Do you have an STL file link for the reflector that most are using? I know there are varying degrees of success depending on the dimensions of the reflector.

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

720p_en.MOV

They had to inadvertently reversed the ports when doing the RC mod. It would be very easy to mix that up when you have the remote opened up during the mod.

oh, maybe he used a very short wire deliberately to reduce more loss?

Signal loss at this level is almost imperceivable and not enough to be more that a rounding error in the overall signal path.

So I doubt that would be the motivation :)

BTW - I have never observed 1.5W ever, it max's out at 1W (but that is still sufficient to run the RC fans full time). If anyone else has evidence of this, please share.

EDIT: this has gone completely off topic, please post any future comments here:

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

d9ab44f4de4121f07375c6f1ba3b02be.jpg

Hey Guys,
So I Just got done testing this mod, and I wanted to let you know my results. I know that there is a lot of controversy over whether or not these actually work. In sport mode the batteries add about 4.3 minutes of flight time, while in regular flying the batteries add about 8.2 minutes of flight time even with the extra weight. It's not a huge difference but it can come in handy. I also like the way that the Mavic flys with the extra weight, it feels more stable. The mod I constructed above weighs around 176 grams in total. After about 2 hours of testing I have experienced no problems. I did a lot of research before testing this in the field and found that the extra power on the Mavics battery cells shouldn't affect it. My guess on how this works is that the LiPo batteries charge the Mavics smart battery while it is flying, as the remote doesn't read any extra mAh or volts, another reason I have for this theory is that the LiPo's can be used for three flights before they should be charged again. I am happy to answer any questions.

Hello how are you? There is a great debate about this drum mod and we have our doubts. Is this system safe? The external battery adapter is welded or simply fitted. Could you put a picture of your adaptation in the area where the battery is connected? Thank you very much for your help and congratulations for your results.

Hello how are you? There is a great debate about this drum mod and we have our doubts. Is this system safe? The external battery adapter is welded or simply fitted. Could you put a picture of your adaptation in the area where the battery is connected? Thank you very much for your help and congratulations for your results.

You replied to a post over a year old and there are 199 pages of answers to your questions thereafter. Good reading sir.

Reactions: Aumoe
Chazz started a new thread for the Mavic Motor Mod:

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

Many folks did not hear about this. The only reason I bring it up in this thread is because there is a lot of new/relevant battery info that might be interesting to this group.

Hello! Where is the best spot to mount 2 external batteries? Up top on the back or on both sides of the Mavic Pro. Also, is there any issues with the batteries mounted on the sides? Such as causing compass distortion and interference and instability during flight? Reason be I am experiencing a wobbling effect while descending and uncontrollable loss in altitude and sometimes hesitations in movement during forward flight. I am using 2 external LIHV 3600mAh 3S 100c packs one mounted on each side of my Mavic Pro.

BTW: My battery MOD are 2 directly internal connections of 2 XT-60 connectors.

Last edited:
I have found with three protecs, two on the sides and one on top. It’s better to descend as you move forward rather than straight down. I put mine into a almost death spiral one time but pulled out by full right stick.

Anyone know of anyone or company in the uk that could do an internal battery mod for me ?
Been using just the clip for about a year but am only getting about 5000ft per 10% battery and that with new cells all round ! :(
Ive watch the videos , I know I just don't have the skill or the skill for the soldering involved to pull it off , anyone suggest anywhere I could pay to get it done ?
Thanks Garry .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian