DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

that battery is too heavy compared to other options.
i hate to say it, but you really should read all 206 pages. there are plot twists and insights.
for example... on page 134 skyninja starts using the Protek 3600 LiHV battery... and more recently Protek released a new battery - the 4100mah LiHV... both of these are 220-225 grams and the internal resistance is incredibly low.
ProTek RC 3S 120C Si-Graphene + HV Shorty LiPo Battery (11.4V/4100mAh) [PTK-5116-19] | Cars & Trucks
The Proteks seem to be within 10mv of the mavic battery even after a 32+ minute flight. I've tried other beloved batteries earlier in this massive thread, but I've found them to be garbage relative to the proteks. Either too heavy and/or too high internal resistance. Thunder Power's 4500 LIHV is relatively light, but after a 24 minute flight, it was holding more than 100mv charge than the mavic battery.
With the battery adapter, that resistance is even higher which would make that scenario worse.

battery charger- you need one that supports LIHV and IMO it should have a good display on it. it should also allow you to keep an eye on internal resistance. i like my ISDT Q6 Pro... but then you need a power supply. it can take 300w so i'm using an old dell/alienware laptop adapter thats 19.5v 12.3amps for 240 watts... which is useful if i want to parallel charge a few batteries at once. i had to solder on a xt60 lead onto that laptop adapter though.
there's other LIHV chargers that come with the **** wall plug (for people who aren't hardcore RC hobbyists), but i ended up sending mine back as it seemed to be cheaply made (cooling fan died after 2 weeks) and i couldn't trust it not to burn my house down.

206 pages, ok gonna start at the top see you all in 2 weeks lol, I get the battery considerations and as I said I’ll go with SkyNinjas suggestion but please point me to a suitable charger for the U.K. I’m admittedly clueless on such things

Thanks

I've only run TP3500 and 4500s but will be trying out some newer batteries soon on an M1 and M2.

In particular I want to test the Proteks out and see if they lift their weight well.

iXdId7L.jpg

I've only run TP3500 and 4500s but will be trying out some newer batteries soon on an M1 and M2.

In particular I want to test the Proteks out and see if they lift their weight well.

iXdId7L.jpg
You're going to love them. They lift rrrreal good and internal resistance tests on 2 4100mah proteks, 2 3600mah proteks, and 2 4500mah TP4500 lihv showed less than 1/3 the internal resistance than the thunder power. That was after 7 charge/discharge cycles on each

You're going to love them. They lift rrrreal good and internal resistance tests on 2 4100mah proteks, 2 3600mah proteks, and 2 4500mah TP4500 lihv showed less than 1/3 the internal resistance than the thunder power. That was after 7 charge/discharge cycles on each
The listed weight for the Protek 4100, is that with just the hard case removed or fully lightened to minimum?

The listed weight for the Protek 4100, is that with just the hard case removed or fully lightened to minimum?
i couldn't even speculate what "lightened to a minimum" would mean to you, but i can tell you that the 223 gram 4100mah 3S LiHV protek does not come in a hard case. this is the advertised weight. i imagine it includes the wire and t-style plug ProTek RC 3S 120C Si-Graphene + HV Shorty LiPo Battery (11.4V/4100mAh) [PTK-5116-19] | Cars & Trucks

per skyninja's post on page 134, he weighed the 3600 (advertised 221g) and his scale shows 228g as pictured here: Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Reactions: Texas Mavic
i couldn't even speculate what "lightened to a minimum" would mean to you, but i can tell you that the 223 gram 4100mah 3S LiHV protek does not come in a hard case. this is the advertised weight. i imagine it includes the wire and t-style plug ProTek RC 3S 120C Si-Graphene + HV Shorty LiPo Battery (11.4V/4100mAh) [PTK-5116-19] | Cars & Trucks

per skyninja's post on page 134, he weighed the 3600 (advertised 221g) and his scale shows 228g as pictured here: Mavic Pro Battery Mod
Ok, thanks. For example the TP4500 after installing short 16ga wires, an XT30 plus unwrapping the labels and heatshrink gets down to 224-225g.

I also wonder if there's any difference between 4.35v and 4.40v cells. I have 125 cycles on one of my M2 packs now and it still performs well.

Im having a hell of a time trying to find a UK seller for these batteries,

Standard antenna , with attachment over antennas to focus singnal towards drone. They do actually work well.
In the process of trying to work out how to carry out the fcc hack
What you using for yours
I've got the Alientech Pro right now I'm testing out. Seems to be doing pretty good.

hi guys

I have not read all the pages, but would like to know if anyone has done an external battery mod on the MP2?
This would need 4s LIHV correct?

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan