DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

What is the longest flight time that has been recorded for a mavic pro1?
I'm not so interested in distance, more super long hovering.

I've managed to get 47min hovering, but thats it. It doesnt seems lika adding more batteries will help.
Is there any mod that gets more than 60minutes flight time?

/Surfbird

Reactions: fabrizio1
Most of all the max distance flights take close to 42 minutes at a flight speed of 32 to 34mph. I would guess at a hover with lower prop rpm’s, I could get at least 50+ minutes. I will try to do a test when I have some time.

fe07b6cf96d790106507ea96253e5179.jpg

Ok question for you. We will be doing drone search and rescue in June, and Im building a drone for max loitering time ocver an incident, probably only cruising at 4-5mph max. My goal is to extend flight time of the Mavic Pro. Is the last example given the longest duration currently available? Ive been thinking of bypassing the Mavic battery altogether, and just hardwiring a huge 3s.

@TexasFlytography what do you think?

Reactions: Texas Mavic
My initial goal was 30 minutes flight, not just a hover. I tested the Tenergy 2700mah 25C dual mounted yesterday. I have been very leary of long range with a heavy payload, but the Mavic doesn’t flinch or blink at the weight of these two batteries as you know. I believe they are 178 grams each. The problem I was having was after a long range flight the battery settings making the Mavic land, when it “thinks” it’s depleted. So I got complete control over the bird till I bring it down. I have it set to the lowest setting which I believe is 10.3 volts. It will attempt to land at 5%. And if you fight it, it lets you keep control even at 5%(false readings ofcourse because it’s not reading what’s in the onboard batteries at that point, I get them back and the multimeter tells me they are at 11.1volts!)
I flew 49500+ feet for roughly 26 minutes. Battery read 9%, but like I said, there was 11.1 volts still on tap with the Tenergys.
It’s in my honest opinion that as long as you go into Assistant and change it to “non dji battery”, lower the voltage to 10.5, Use 2X 4000mah+ batteries or higher.... it will work like a champ. I need to get some higher mah and test this out myself. Seems with the battery parameters changed, as long as you are giving it the minimum mahs, and especially extra..it will 100% perform as you are wanting it to.

Attachments

• 9B2C1FF5-0529-4417-A5E3-682AB607F193.png
    9B2C1FF5-0529-4417-A5E3-682AB607F193.png
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 69
  • B757563D-E75A-40E1-84D1-8144B736AA8F.png
    B757563D-E75A-40E1-84D1-8144B736AA8F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
I believe so, it looks that way from my post. I have been working on the mod since and have made far better results.

Most of all the max distance flights take close to 42 minutes at a flight speed of 32 to 34mph. I would guess at a hover with lower prop rpm’s, I could get at least 50+ minutes. I will try to do a test when I have some time.

fe07b6cf96d790106507ea96253e5179.jpg
What batteries did you use on this particular run? I am using 3000mah lihvs, I have to get to about 400ft altitude for clearance but I only have what appears to be enough battery for about 80k feet.

Reactions: fabrizio1
Yes - I am ready to take that risk. I trust you but will not hold you responsible for a mistake. Let me know I definitely would like to get that done!

I was flying yesterday with two Protec 3500 batteries was up for 35 minutes got no compass errors but when it got back the motors were pretty hot - too hot to touch for more that test touch. I was surprised about that and am sure it is due to the extra weight. That must be detrimental in some way to the life of the motors. I know chazz flies with three of those batteries sometimes! Chazz if you see this post is there anything you do about your motors getting hot or do you just accept it as part of flying with the extra weight to obtain the longer distances? I have drilled holes in the bottom of the front motor covers (which didnt seem to make much difference as they felt the same as the back motors that had no holes) i can't figure out how to get the bottom of the rear motors off to drill holes in them. I do fly at 5000' ASL (not AGL) not sure how much difference that makes if any at all. Another interesting thing is I got max motor speed notifications while climbing not initially but later in the flight. I could not climb with full up without getting that notification - probable due to the motors being warm\hot. Just thought I would throw out those notes I am sure that is nothing new to you experienced long distance pilots.
Are they 100C batteries?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98