DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

just found this..would the parallel cells matter? (3s2p)

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Mavic
just found this..would the parallel cells matter? (3s2p)

I believe.... As long as you keep it below 13v, or slightly less... it will rock and roll!!

Reactions: Filipok
I’m 99999.9999% that it is a-ok. I personally haven’t tried this config but I have heard of folks building cells like this and using them with Battery mod.

haha.. too late!
My concern after thinking about it, is the capacitance and discharge mismatch using the 3S Mavic battery, and whatever issue may or may not be with using the 3S2P. Just got home and hadn’t had the time to dig through the threads for the topic. But it seems like there are cells that could get smoked in that setup. You would think that as long as it’s the 11.4v it should be fine, and if I remember correctly that’s the information I have seen.

heyy... anybody try using a battery mod with dronedeploy?

yes, I did it about a year and a half ago to map a fairground. I used a single Protek 3600. That gave me the few more minutes I need it so I would not have to land in and switch batteries.

yes, I did it about a year and a half ago to map a fairground. I used a single Protek 3600. That gave me the few more minutes I need it so I would not have to land in and switch batteries.
FANTASTIC.. i got a dronedeploy request that wants 1 too many batteries and was thinking of using a battery mod to make it happen.

are you using Mavic 2 at all? protek has a very promising looking 4S 4100mah 345g battery which looks like it would compete with the hyperion g8 lihv offerings
ProTek RC 4S 120C Si-Graphene + HV LCG LiPo Battery(15.2V/4100mAh) [PTK-5101-19] | Cars & Trucks

right now on the mavic 2 i'm using a hyperion G8 lihv 3650mah battery

FANTASTIC.. i got a dronedeploy request that wants 1 too many batteries and was thinking of using a battery mod to make it happen.

are you using Mavic 2 at all? protek has a very promising looking 4S 4100mah 345g battery which looks like it would compete with the hyperion g8 lihv offerings
ProTek RC 4S 120C Si-Graphene + HV LCG LiPo Battery(15.2V/4100mAh) [PTK-5101-19] | Cars & Trucks

right now on the mavic 2 i'm using a hyperion G8 lihv 3650mah battery

With my Mavic 2 I have used the protein 4200’s. I remove them from the hard cases and shrink wrap them to reduce weight.

f764c05bc820a173174025cda018c01d.jpg

aab03e190f2df1f72df52cd2900ad7b6.jpg

Hello,

I soldered XT 60 wires on Mavic pro battery main board, when i turn on , green leds flashing but drone don't start, why ?

20200112_132151.jpg
20200112_132139.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for the picture I’ve never seen the battery board for mavic...

As to your question I can only guess
Without the original battery attached
The smart battery feature is stopping you from running Mavic with an external battery

cR

Hello,

I soldered XT 60 wires on Mavic pro battery main board, when i turn on , green leds flashing but drone don't start, why ?

View attachment 90566
View attachment 90567

Thanks
Hi. You have burned the main board. You have to connect first the balance cables from your battery and then the XT60 conector. And when disconnect the battery from main board, first disconnected the XT60 and then the balance cables. In this order you have to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3