DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Yea, it probably had a lot left. Just remember the voltage reading will be high when not in used or under load. I would on average say remove 0.5V per cell when it's under load, but this also depends on the discharge curve ratings item from the manufacturers data sheet. With these batteries the voltage will drop when it's pulling current, and be higher when it's not in use.
Scott

Wouldn't any battery read lower voltage when pulling current and higher when not pulling anything???? [emoji57]

c6375a69907bdfc9c61aaa5d12ed7e1c.jpg
I thought we were talking about "silver solder" off a "gold" tab.
I've tried this with solder wick, wick and flux, this thing you posted and my desoldering gun. It will always have some trace of silver left on the pad.
If it was silver solder from a tinned silver pad then I can make it look new again.

Wouldn't any battery read lower voltage when pulling current and higher when not pulling anything???? [emoji57]
18650 cells tend to have a higher curve under load then some Li-Po style packs do. In my experience the soft packs that lean more to the Li-Po chemistry in most tend to not drop as much voltage when under load.
But yes, they all have some sort of drop. Some battery types more then others types.

I thought we were talking about "silver solder" off a "gold" tab.
I've tried this with solder wick, wick and flux, this thing you posted and my desoldering gun. It will always have some trace of silver left on the pad.
If it was silver solder from a tinned silver pad then I can make it look new again.

I think the original question was removing the solder from the copper tabs on the XT60 battery clip if he put 2 drops of solder on the connection to the main battery plug. I don't see why you couldn't remove the solder enough to remove the battery clip and leave a clean connection for OEM battery.

I think the original question was removing the solder from the copper tabs on the XT60 battery clip if he put 2 drops of solder on the connection to the main battery plug. I don't see why you couldn't remove the solder enough to remove the battery clip and leave a clean connection for OEM battery.
Maybe I saw the question differently. I read it as can he remove all solder traces to still use a manufactures warranty and not leave any trace that he did any modding or soldering to the mavic.
Now that I think of it, it's all null anyway. The logs will show he had some type of battery mod running and they probably won't cover the warranty work at that point.

Reactions: Rnl
Maybe I saw the question differently. I read it as can he remove all solder traces to still use a manufactures warranty and not leave any trace that he did any modding or soldering to the mavic.
Now that I think of it, it's all null anyway. The logs will show he had some type of battery mod running and they probably won't cover the warranty work at that point.

You'd be surprised at the repairs DJI has done to birds that have flown 10+ mi.

I'm sorry, why type of experience do you have with battery mods on the Mavic? Or any other platforms?

Scott Ive read from page 1 - 49. Seeing how everyone has done it. to me, it seems soldering the battery pins using the "uavmods" and equivalent will give you better contact and resistance then letting it just slop around in there.

This is the one i have been eyeing off on amazon and looks like yours.
Amazon.com: Titan 7000mAh 3S Advanced High Capacity Lithium Ion Battery NCR18650GA: Toys & Games
- Voltage Range: 7.5v - 12.6v

12.6v/6 cells = 2.1v per cell right? so that wouldnt really cause issues with the volts?
You want DJHoodRich, not me. I didn't buy the pack.
But it does look like the same pack, 7Ah 11.1V pack.

Your Amazon post bright something interesting to my attention, it rated as 120W at 11.1V, that wood be 10A constant discharge. But the Amazon specs states it's a 15A constant discharge, something doesn't add up. Maybe the Amazon add is wrong?

I'm sorry, why type of experience do you have with battery mods on the Mavic? Or any other platforms?
Are you questioning battery mods, or experience with lithium based batteries. I don't recall saying anything about a mod in my posts.
As for 18650, 14500 Li-ion cells and building packs and protection circuits for these batteries, repairing tool battery packs, laptop battery packs and replacing bad cells or repairing the thermal fuses or components on the protection or BMS boards, making my own packs, testing and charting discharge rates and curves with BK precision 8601 DC load for making sure the batteries operate at the specified specs after repairs. And using 18650 cells for years in LED flashlights that I build, I would say about 7 years of experience over all.

Your Amazon post bright something interesting to my attention, it rated as 120W at 11.1V, that wood be 10A constant discharge. But the Amazon specs states it's a 15A constant discharge, something doesn't add up. Maybe the Amazon add is wrong?

d4da065d267e75693e91799bccd7806e.png

I did not order from Amazon I ordered directly from Titan's website 7.0Ah 11.1v 120W Endurance

Sorry for the confusion. I meant just as you said, to remove all traces for the DJI Care (warranty job). That's fair enough. All i need to know now, if it can handle a 80-120g camera + 300g battery so i can do 150-200 hectares of NIR imaging.

7.0Ah 11.1v 120W Endurance

also indicates the same 15A onn their webpage

Nobody wants those 18650 batteries in their quad. They got too hot charging and they get even hotter discharging. So I don't know why this guy keeps on trying to push these batteries. Go away!!

What a thread! Great work by a lot of members to make it easier for the rest of us. Cheers.

So even after reading most of this thread, I'm still unsure what the best option for a long distance flight is without going very heavy. Is it 2x 1500mah Lihv's? If so, which ones?

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
What a thread! Great work by a lot of members to make it easier for the rest of us. Cheers.

So even after reading most of this thread, I'm still unsure what the best option for a long distance flight is without going very heavy. Is it 2x 1500mah Lihv's? If so, which ones?
A pair of 3000mAh LiHV from Hobby King will do the trick. That's what I'm going to be running as soon as they arrive.

Reactions: Japtastic
A pair of 3000mAh LiHV from Hobby King will do the trick. That's what I'm going to be running as soon as they arrive.

Thanks. Just got looking at different options on Hobbyking for medium and long range flights. What minimum C rating is needed for the Mavic?

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne