DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Sorry, just a quick in my defense it does have to do with the new Titan battery mod, well the charger for the titan battery packs. So it is related, just not directly a battery but the charger. Since Titan batteries have entered the mod thread being used for a battery mod they need the proper charger to charge them safely.
But it's not like we are talking about range boosters, signal amplifiers and antennas. It is related to the battery mod.
I hope that clear it up some, or we can make a delegate thread for "Titan" batteries mods with the mavic. Open to recommendations if others agree also. Besides I think the titan battery mod discussion originally started on another thread until someone recommend the titan both merge with this thread.
Thank you,
Scott
I'm sure there is a forum dedicated to nothing but Electronics talk so maybe you would be happier there?

Ok, so this is my interpretation:
The titan packs recommend charge at 3.5A. Get a proper charger and do that. We also do not analyze how different lipo's behave when charged. As @djhoodrich says: we need to have findings validated. Runtime and temps.
The antenna test will go into corresponding thread for Titandrones. I will post my findings of the double 3000 packs here.
Hopefully the Titan packs will make their way into the range leaderboard thread too.

I'm sure there is a forum dedicated to nothing but Electronics talk so maybe you would be happier there?
Seriously, so please break it down. I'm asking without attitude or sarcasm to be clear.
So a battery mod threat should only talk about the battery and how it plugs in, were you bought it, and how long it flew?

Nothing about will it damage the mavic, or the electronics of the mavic, or will one battery try to charge another if the chemistries and battery types are different? Just risk the $900 drone a do it, don't care about the drone or safety or other arround when doing these mods. Last I looked the battery powers the electronics, the mavic battery safety, charging balancing, operation, what tells the drone to land from failure and all is built into the mavic batter and this all electronics.

Am I misunderstanding this, or do I have this correct?

It's over it but there's no way I can move it forward enough to clear the GPS unit.
I was just checking to see how geographical location affects how many GPS satellites are available to one specific location. But then I remembered the Mavic does GPS and GLONAS, correct. If so then that should be up to 22 satellites for your area at this time. Well NC as a state.
Maybe check you local KP index to see if you have more magnetic interfeamce in your area today, if the KP index is high it might explain your issue if your having a problem locking onto GPS satellites?

I was just checking to see how geographical location affects how many GPS satellites are available to one specific location. But then I remembered the Mavic does GPS and GLONAS, correct. If so then that should be up to 22 satellites for your area at this time. Well NC as a state.
Maybe check you local KP index to see if you have more magnetic interfeamce in your area today, if the KP index is high it might explain your issue if your having a problem locking onto GPS satellites?
Yep that's not a bad idea.

Finally got a quick test in between the rain.1x Top mounted Multi Star 4000mah LIHV with battery clip (not soldered) All hover, no flying. Landed at 5%

Had to discharge Multi Star to 12.85v as the main battery kept turning it's self off before taking off.

Multi Star landing voltage = 10.78v (Barley warm)
DJI Battery = 10.58v (62.5c)

32:23 Min Hover only.

As soon as the weather sorts it's self out, will try a flight. I'm quite happy with that as the weight it adds is around the same as the original battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170729-145658.png
    Screenshot_20170729-145658.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Is battery blocking gps??

15049149117b11e496363b7953331098.jpg
move it forward use the 3M Velcro you should have enough space where it is not blocking it

OK Maclak he has the same problems. Ok now he's saying no oh well I'll figure it out.
Try a Balsa Wood block on battery then Titon on top, may just give you enough gap over GPS...Not pretty but as a test OK..May let you move it forward a bit...Worth a try..

Guys my test of the Titan 7ah wont be until tomorrow most likely. I am finishing up the direct power mod but will need to wait for the liquid tape to cure overnight. Part of the reason I did the direct mod is because I knew the battery wouldn't be able to move forward enough with the clip. Plus I prefer direct wiring and just have been lazy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf