DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

OK. Tested both Titan 7000's that I received. Let's just say I'm VERY curious to see @djhoodrich post up some Airdata logs as well as the others that have ordered these batteries. I tested on a beautiful morning 71f, slight wind (8mph although 15mph gusts) and got much different (and very disappointing) numbers.

All flights flown in GPS mode with obstacle avoidance OFF

Battery 1 - Maintained forward momentum flying in an oval pattern.
Total Flight Time - 18m22s to 24%
Titan bat temp - 85f when landed.
DJI Bat. Voltage - 3.63 3.64 3.62
Titan Voltage - 3.89 3.88 3.88
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Battery 2 - Strictly hover. I moved around just a bit to get a safe position due to drift caused by compass.
Total Flight Time - 23m17s to 20%
Titan bat temp - 81f when landed.
DJI Bat. Voltage - 3.64 3.65 3.65
Titan Voltage - 3.87 3.85 3.86

Also, I should mention that I flew despite compass errors. I tried to position the battery more forward and rearward and could not shake the compass errors. Once I removed the battery, the errors cleared up. 1 compass was showing a lot of errors (Red), the other was showing (Good - Yellow) so I flew anyway.

PMyPhtN.jpg

Xc59Trr.jpg

0qsuYUz.jpg

Flight 1 Battery
KPuJHVV.jpg

Flight 2 Battery
KPuJHVV.jpg

Reactions: ggg
OK. Tested both Titan 7000's that I received. Let's just say I'm VERY curious to see @djhoodrich post up some Airdata logs as well as the others that have ordered these batteries. I tested on a beautiful morning 71f, slight wind (8mph although 15mph gusts) and got much different (and very disappointing) numbers.

All flights flown in GPS mode with obstacle avoidance OFF

Battery 1 - Maintained forward momentum flying in an oval pattern.
Total Flight Time - 18m22s to 24%
Titan bat temp - 85f when landed.
DJI Bat. Voltage - 3.63 3.64 3.62
Titan Voltage - 3.89 3.88 3.88

Battery 2 - Strictly hover. I moved around just a bit to get a safe position due to drift caused by compass.
Total Flight Time - 23m17s to 20%
Titan bat temp - 81f when landed.
DJI Bat. Voltage - 3.64 3.65 3.65
Titan Voltage - 3.87 3.85 3.86

Also, I should mention that I flew despite compass errors. I tried to position the battery more forward and rearward and could not shake the compass errors. Once I removed the battery, the errors cleared up. 1 compass was showing a lot of errors (Red), the other was showing (Good - Yellow) so I flew anyway.

PMyPhtN.jpg

Xc59Trr.jpg

0qsuYUz.jpg

Flight 1 Battery
KPuJHVV.jpg

Flight 2 Battery
KPuJHVV.jpg
I'm not questioning your data or results, but maybe questioning if you have a battery that might have a bad cell.
I think the SkyRC charger you have will do a full discharged, and then can be charged to show the capacity of the back and maybe see if you have a bad cell in the Titan pack?
Just a thought, want to make sure all batteries are fully up to spec before comparing data.

So what about 52 minutes flying. Is that true or false?. I just need a simple answer to a simple question. Not 50 pages doc
Thank you.
Life isn't always that simple. Preliminary test results from Ed209 don't match what DJHood has posted. Why, not sure yet. Maybe they are looking into this. Sorry, you might have to wait a little longer for your simple yes or no answer.

@ScottJD: what was the end voltage of the titan after your flights?
@mlash: is this cruzroy's design? Can you post a pic from underneath? How does it hold, might get one printed too!
@Ed209: thanks for reporting results, sorry that the result is not as expected..

I'm not questioning your data or results, but maybe questioning if you have a battery that might have a bad cell.
I think the SkyRC charger you have will do a full discharged, and then can be charged to show the capacity of the back and maybe see if you have a bad cell in the Titan pack?
Just a thought, want to make sure all batteries are fully up to spec before comparing data.

I can do that with my charger. I would first have to discharge and then charge. When charging completes, it shows total mAh put back. Keep in mind I tested 2 different batteries. You really think i got 2 bad batteries?

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I can do that with my charger. I would first have to discharge and then charge. When charging completes, it shows total mAh put back. Keep in mind I tested 2 different batteries. You really think i got 2 bad batteries?
Good point, I missed that. I thought you recharged the battery and flew a second flight.

So the only other difference to compare that o can think of is the age of the mavic battery. I think it counts and shows charge cycles, correct. Maybe you can share your mavic batteries age and comkare it with DJHood?

Thinking outside the box, the quality and gauge of wire used for the mod, contact soldering connections. I think these are the only other possibilities between different drones both with new titan batteries.

Oh, and sports mode, beginner mode, software control cutting back power on flights could be a difference also. You are detailed in your logging, so I'm assuming if your flights were in sports mode you would have noted it.

Last edited:
Good point, I missed that. I thought you recharged the battery and flew a second flight.

Nope. 2 different DJI batteries, 2 different Titans. The DJI bats are good. One of them only has 14 charges and never run critically low.

Dude, as only 1 person tested the battery with 52 min. result it s hard to tell.
@ScottJD: what was the end voltage of the titan after your flights?
@mlash: is this cruzroy's design? Can you post a pic from underneath? How does it hold, might get one printed too!
@Ed209: thanks for reporting results, sorry that the result is not as expected..
Sorry, I didn't buy a Titan pack.
If the testing fails I might offer to buy the packs froma few people that wouldn't want them anymore to tear them down for the cells and other projects. But enough other bought the packs to get a base line so I didn't.

well those are not great results, ed209 .. thats a bummer. two separate flights if it was a bad battery you would have seen more on one flight. thanks for the details, its nice to examine the logs and look how the power is being used.

Reactions: ScottJD and Ed209
I'm out, I have another mavic on the bench dropped off by a friend in need to some care and repair.

Have fun and safe test fights.

well those are not great results, ed209 .. thats a bummer. two separate flights if it was a bad battery you would have seen more on one flight. thanks for the details, its nice to examine the logs and look how the power is

Yeah. I had a feeling the results would not be that great. Like I said earlier, I tested Titan batteries on the P3 last year with bad results.

Reactions: digdat0
we still got some more guys getting the titans, will be good to compare numbers

I'm going to run a set of 1700s that I've run plenty of times just to make sure there is nothing wrong with my direct power mod.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf