DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Have you guys ever seen these "reece23" modded batteries? This one is for mp1with 7000mah! (Deleted by Moderator) if u ask me! Lol. Honestly I don't think all these mods with smaller batteries will get the flight time these batteries can offer. they make them for all the dji birds too
Just sent you a PM, requesting the link privately.

I searched around for the plug and play mod battery available. Seems to be a bargain compared to oversea sellers' items. The seller is based in US. I ordered from it and received my battery within one week after placing the order. So far so good. Without any problem for a 20km trip(10km one way).

e48d86d814ca80b323d330274a574575.jpg

This is how I connected it.
I think you are right that it creates one big battery. I just did another test where I only had the LiPo batteries on and the mavics battery off this turned the drone on but the mavics battery did not show any signs of charging. The reason why I thought it charged the mavics battery was because I thought that the battery was charging when only the LiPo's were on, I saw wrong, my apologies. Another thing to note is that as expected the mavic will not connect to the controller unless the smart battery is turned on so when that is low the drone must land. This is probably the reason why the LiPo's can last three flights, due to the fact that the smart battery dies first.
Where do I get the connector from the battery

d9ab44f4de4121f07375c6f1ba3b02be.jpg

Hey Guys,
So I Just got done testing this mod, and I wanted to let you know my results. I know that there is a lot of controversy over whether or not these actually work. In sport mode the batteries add about 4.3 minutes of flight time, while in regular flying the batteries add about 8.2 minutes of flight time even with the extra weight. It's not a huge difference but it can come in handy. I also like the way that the Mavic flys with the extra weight, it feels more stable. The mod I constructed above weighs around 176 grams in total. After about 2 hours of testing I have experienced no problems. I did a lot of research before testing this in the field and found that the extra power on the Mavics battery cells shouldn't affect it. My guess on how this works is that the LiPo batteries charge the Mavics smart battery while it is flying, as the remote doesn't read any extra mAh or volts, another reason I have for this theory is that the LiPo's can be used for three flights before they should be charged again. I am happy to answer any questions.
Hey i like your mod i have a mavic zoom and i try putting adapter on my drone and i thing i have done some thing wrong because i get a error message that reads only enough battery power for [RTH] Return to home. and i can't take off because of this do you no any thing i can do to fix this problem. also i am enclosing a screen shot of my drone

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 21
Hey i like your mod i have a mavic zoom and i try putting adapter on my drone and i thing i have done some thing wrong because i get a error message that reads only enough battery power for [RTH] Return to home. and i can't take off because of this do you no any thing i can do to fix this problem. also i am enclosing a screen shot of my drone
Turn the internal battery on first, and then connect the external batteries. As long as the internal battery has more voltage than the externals, all should be fine.

The battery pin out is very different on the Mavic pro and the Mavic 2. If you used a Mavic pro adapter, you probably shorted the Mavic 2 battery board by connecting power to a connection Which wasn’t supposed to have it. Mavic 2 connects on pins 3,4 and 7,8. Mavic pro is on 2,3 and 5,6. I’d bet you killed that battery. I wouldn’t use that adapter again on the m2, ur gonna cause more harm.

The battery pin out is very different on the Mavic pro and the Mavic 2. If you used a Mavic pro adapter, you probably shorted the Mavic 2 battery board by connecting power to a connection Which wasn’t supposed to have it. Mavic 2 connects on pins 3,4 and 7,8. Mavic pro is on 2,3 and 5,6. I’d bet you killed that battery. I wouldn’t use that adapter again on the m2, ur gonna cause more harm.
ok will not use that adapter any more but i am getting a error message that's is keep me from taken off which is. only enough battery power for return to home [RTH] and i am trying to fix this error. do you have any idea on how yo fix this error

ok will not use that adapter any more but i am getting a error message that's is keep me from taken off which is. only enough battery power for return to home [RTH] and i am trying to fix this error. do you have any idea on how yo fix this error

what does the voltage reading show If you open detailed battery settings, per cell? I bet you fried something on the board and it’s reading less than four cells. I don’t think it’s fixable tbh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett