DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The 3 minutes was comparing the external battery mod versus the internal mod. Both used the same external batteries for the test.

Great job on the mod, very nice solutions!
I d have to test to come with more numbers.
Your times look good. Would be great if you could add stock specs to that list!
The multistars also in stock in EU store for info.

Maclak,

Per your request, I just ran a factory battery baseline on the same course and same mavic. Note that winds were averaging 6 mph on this baseline, and the other two runs had winds averaging 15 mph in the same direction.

No Battery Mod
18:30 flight time
Distance 18,193 feet
Landing Battery 14%

Battery Clip Mod
23:15 flight time
Distance 24,169 feet
Landing Battery 13%
Dual 1500 3s poly
11.4 volts each at end of flight

Battery Bypass Mod
26:22 flight time
Distance 25,179 feet (new personal best)
Landing Battery 23%
Dual 1500 3s poly
11.1 volts each at end of flight

Battery Clip Mod
Boosted NanoSync Antenna
17:32 Flight Time
Distance 20,456
Landing Battery 26%
Dual 1300 3s Lipo

NanoSync did pretty good but I had to fight to keep signal near the turnaround. RexUAV antenna will be here Monday!

Battery Clip Mod
Boosted NanoSync Antenna
17:32 Flight Time
Distance 20,456
Landing Battery 26%
Dual 1300 3s Lipo

NanoSync did pretty good but I had to fight to keep signal near the turnaround. RexUAV antenna will be here Monday!

Nice flight! You are going to like that RexUAV antenna! It really works well for me.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Thanks Nate! Yeah I knew you were using one and having good luck with it so I figured I'd give it a try. I like the NanoSync but I'm thinking that the Rex may have better performance. We'll see!

Thanks Nate! Yeah I knew you were using one and having good luck with it so I figured I'd give it a try. I like the NanoSync but I'm thinking that the Rex may have better performance. We'll see!
It has much better performance for sure, but the downside is that it's not so convenient. I am often using the Nanosync because it travels better. I save the RexUAV for long range.

I am shopping for a new Lipo/LiHv multi channel charger and there are too many too choose from. If you have a unit you particularly like, please post a response.

This one looks like a good bang for the buck: Amazon.com: EV-PEAK CQ3 100Wx4 10A Four Channel LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, NiCd, NiMh Battery Balance Charger Discharger: Toys & Games

I use this one. Work great!

Amazon.com: Venom Pro Duo 80W X2 Dual AC/DC 7A LiPo/LiHV & NiMH RC Battery Balance Charger: Toys & Games

Got the RexUAV antenna in today. Man does this NanoSync mount make a great mount for other antennas! Worked excellent.

Attachments

• SAM_0480.JPG
    SAM_0480.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: CyberNate
Well I can without a doubt say that the RexUAV antenna beats the NanoSync hands down here where I live. I made a short trip with just the stock battery to a point that always resulted in a RTH with the NanoSync but the RexUAV just wanted to keep on going. At 18000 feet I still had full signal on the control side and 3/4 signal on the HD side. I'm very well pleased with that! Thanks Nate for talking up yours and making me want one:)

Well I can without a doubt say that the RexUAV antenna beats the NanoSync hands down here where I live. I made a short trip with just the stock battery to a point that always resulted in a RTH with the NanoSync but the RexUAV just wanted to keep on going. At 18000 feet I still had full signal on the control side and 3/4 signal on the HD side. I'm very well pleased with that! Thanks Nate for talking up yours and making me want one:)

That's good data point, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
****....i just spent 2 days reading all posts. Well done guys..some serious knowledge ready here!

So i opted for the extrernal xt-60 battery mod and i am waiting for the little bugger to arrive.
As a new mavic owner and user above water in the med i would like to use just a single external battery on top of my mavics battery.
-Should i opt for a single 2200, 3000 or 4000?
i just want 5-8 minutes more flight time over stock.but need to have some speed as well...since it will follow me on my jet ski
- I see the LiHv is better than LiPo. But should i opt for 10c ,20c or 30c?

Thank you guys

Reactions: turbopropello
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe