DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Also if you do use a strap DONT cover bottom Sensors...

what are you talking about Zale? what's the problem with covering the bottom sensors, what's your experience? All my distance runs with the Mavic were used carrying very large 6.6 and 8.0 single batteries under the belly, they covered all the sensors under there. Please explain your comment/advice

what are you talking about Zale? what's the problem with covering the bottom sensors, what's your experience? All my distance runs with the Mavic were used carrying very large 6.6 and 8.0 single batteries under the belly, they covered all the sensors under there. Please explain your comment/advice
Did you have to turn off the bottom sensors?

Ok ...I only mean if you run bird with sensors On...don't have a go at me...yes I know that your well experienced but I could have added if you run sensors on and battery on top...You need to Chill n let others try to help out...I have Never said I am anything but a novice on here and am great full to all the lads but I can try and help ...I not bother you got it covered..Cheers no Probs.

Also if you do use a strap DONT cover bottom Sensors...
Thanks for you help ZALEXANDERK. I knew what you were talking about! I know if you have the bottom sensors on it will cause the bird to rise.

Thanks for you help ZALEXANDERK. I knew what you were talking about! I know if you have the bottom sensors on it will cause the bird to rise.
Yip sorry I never made that clear...as I said once before I don't cover sensors as I'm new to this and like them on...don't want to cause any Probs...Cheers..Thanks..

Reactions: ggg
Hover is bad for mavic. Mavic needs to dance.
How much time do you need? Word is out a certain " titan" battery gives 52 min!
You will feel itchy afterwards but worth the ride!

haha :p

I do alot of agricultural aerial surveying. Looking for as much flight time as possible. I'm currently getting 40-60 ha per mavic battery. I have 6000ha to map lol

Looks like getting two of these might be worth it? weight/mAH
https://www.amazon.com/3000mAh-Batt...&qid=1501833386&sr=1-4&keywords=3000+mah+lipo

Last edited:
haha :p

I do alot of agricultural aerial surveying. Looking for as much flight time as possible. I'm currently getting 40-60 ha per mavic battery. I have 6000ha to map lol

Looks like getting two of these might be worth it? weight/mAH
Amazon.com: 2 Pack 25C 3S 3000mAh 11.1V LiPo Battery (XT60 Plug Connector) for DJI Phantom 1 FC40 DJI Flame Wheel F450 F550 FPV Quadcopter and Other Toy RC Vehicles: Toys & Games

I have no idea what your current airtime is, also am lazy to convert the distance you're getting?!
What is the weight of these packs (1 piece)?

Really, I stuck it on and after a flight it just pealed right off when I tried to take the batteries off. The batteries were not hot, not even that warm really. Weird!
I just bought it not long ago! I guess I'll super glue it on. I would hate for the batteries to fall off during a flight!
View attachment 18810

This adhesive is very sensitive to pollution.
If you even touch it, it won't stick well.
Make surface clean and stick it on without touching the backside.

Also in some cases the heatsink is reported to get very hot and will not be able to dissipate the heat properly. This could lead to a catastrophic failure.

I have no idea what your current airtime is, also am lazy to convert the distance you're getting?!
What is the weight of these packs (1 piece)?

40-60 ha at 150m = 13-14 minutes flight time

those packs are about 199g (~7oz)

40-60 ha at 150m = 13-14 minutes flight time

those packs are about 199g (~7oz)
13-14 mins is not much with stock battery. What is your landing %?
The multistar batteries are a bit lighter (194.8g:)). They have proven to perform well. You could order both also and compare.

13-14 mins is not much with stock battery. What is your landing %?
The multistar batteries are a bit lighter (194.8g:)). They have proven to perform well. You could order both also and compare.

The multistars are pretty cheap here in Oz. I might grab a couple! 13-14 mins gives me 30% i dont like to go below 20%

Ok ...I only mean if you run bird with sensors On...don't have a go at me...yes I know that your well experienced but I could have added if you run sensors on and battery on top...You need to Chill n let others try to help out...I have Never said I am anything but a novice on here and am great full to all the lads but I can try and help ...I not bother you got it covered..Cheers no Probs.

its all good zale, i didnt mean for that to come off strong, your help,advise& participation is much appreciated.
I'll chill[emoji41]

The multistars are pretty cheap here in Oz. I might grab a couple! 13-14 mins gives me 30% i dont like to go below 20%
Goin down to 10% is pretty safe.. batteries don't suffer much, flew them below that numerous times.
Single multistar 3000 should give you around 28 mins to 10%. Double +4 mins.

Reactions: frysie
Do
Goin down to 10% is pretty safe.. batteries don't suffer much, flew them below that numerous times.
Single multistar 3000 should give you around 28 mins to 10%. Double +4 mins.
you suggest the Lipo or Lihv?

I have not tried the 3000 lipo.
The lihv you can charge to 4.35v (if mavic shuts down in that case to 4.3v) and is lighter.
sorry for all the questions... What do you mean if it shutdowns? Are you saying if the voltage of the outside battery is lower, it won't fly?

sorry for all the questions... What do you mean if it shutdowns? Are you saying if the voltage of the outside battery is lower, it won't fly?
if voltage on the externals is greater than the stock battery, it may turn off stock battery as protection. The externals need voltage less than or equal to the voltage of the stock battery at time of takeoff.

if voltage on the externals is greater than the stock battery, it may turn off stock battery as protection. The externals need voltage less than or equal to the voltage of the stock battery at time of takeoff.
What Dig said...
@dirtybum : any news on your 7000 test?

Reactions: digdat0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov