DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

New idea...
198daa9b338c0b558fe36d9656e868e6.jpg

6a1d827ec5de2a652c42a59cdb722c40.jpg

I'd almost be willing to bet that they will come close to being the same.
They won't, not even close. I've tested them all. The 4.0 lihv drastically outperform the 4.0 high capacity, which leave a lot of wasted energy in the packs.

Edit: if you get the high capacity cells warm like on a hot day or perhaps from heatsink, they will do better. You also need to run mavic battery way down, as most energy from Multistar high capacity will come at bottom end.

Last edited:
They won't, not even close. I've tested them all. The 4.0 lihv drastically outperform the 4.0 high capacity, which leave a lot of wasted energy in the packs.

Edit: if you get the high capacity cells warm like on a hot day or perhaps from heatsink, they will do better. You also need to run mavic battery way down, as most energy from Multistar high capacity will come at bottom end.
@CyberNate : I was talking about the 4000 Lipo compared to the 3000 LiHV. And I said that I bet they would be pretty close. What do you think?

They won't, not even close. I've tested them all. The 4.0 lihv drastically outperform the 4.0 high .

I know that's always been your take on it Nate, but that's not what I've experienced at least when over packing the batteries, obviously if you're leaving them at 4.20 you're going to see a huge difference. Here's my last flight with the 8.0 MultiStar high-capacity over packed to 4.32, although I came up a couple hundred yards short, the numbers are there, if you don't mind will you put up the airdata numbers for your double 4.0's lihv so we can see how they compare. I honestly never had any problems with the high-capacity's, keep in mind I haven't overpacked any of them more than 10 times before I destroyed them in crashes[emoji41] be interesting to compare the difference though. because overpacked I think the high-capacity's are just as capable, but who knows for how long
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I know that's always been your take on it Nate, but that's not what I've experienced at least when over packing the batteries, obviously if you're leaving them at 4.20 you're going to see a huge difference. Here's my last flight with the 8.0 MultiStar high-capacity over packed to 4.32, although I came up a couple hundred yards short, the numbers are there, if you don't mind will you put up the airdata numbers for your double 4.0's lihv so we can see how they compare. I honestly never had any problems with the high-capacity's, keep in mind I haven't overpacked any of them more than 10 times before I destroyed them in crashes[emoji41] be interesting to compare the difference though. because overpacked I think the high-capacity's are just as capable, but who knows for how long

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey guys! I started readin this thread and I see a lot of veterans here and thinkin buyin the Mav but I'm having a hard time pullin the trigger...Whats better about the Mav then the phantom as far as distance runs and battery mods? I'm not a big picture takin movie makin type and i'm only looking for something to keep my mind occupied...I'm kinda at the end of everything i can think of on the phantom with the exception one more trick and may need something new...the best run i see so far is CybeNates double MS4.0 LIHV 39min 54,000ft flight. which was a nice flight and congrats by the way...the obvious next try is the double MS 5.2 LIHV if it can handle the weight and I'm sure DB will try it next because he's a nut ;) and then that'll be it? nothing more to try? Or is there? I think I'm a little late to the party...So what to do:confused:

Hey guys! I started readin this thread and I see a lot of veterans here and thinkin buyin the Mav but I'm having a hard time pullin the trigger...Whats better about the Mav then the phantom as far as distance runs and battery mods? I'm not a big picture takin movie makin type and i'm only looking for something to keep my mind occupied...I'm kinda at the end of everything i can think of on the phantom with the exception one more trick and may need something new...the best run i see so far is CybeNates double MS4.0 LIHV 39min 54,000ft flight. which was a nice flight and congrats by the way...the obvious next try is the double MS 5.2 LIHV if it can handle the weight and I'm sure DB will try it next because he's a nut ;) and then that'll be it? nothing more to try? Or is there? I think I'm a little late to the party...So what to do:confused:

"Big picture takin..Movie makin son of a gun... WOOOOOOOOO!" I had to do it. You sound like Rick Flair. [emoji41]

That's all it is with the Mavic man. New bird, same tricks for the most part. It keeps the mind occupied. You do have the difference of sport mode modulation and the taboo parameter changes you could experiment with. But it's the same tricks on a different machine. The Mavic seems a lot tougher than the P3. No stress cracks.

Reactions: chazz
Hey Ed! what a coincidence! I'm wearin the exact same outfit he has on in this pic in front of my computer right now!:)

Yeah I'm right on the edge of goin to best buy right now but the thought of a $1000 paperweight is a little overpowering...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 34

'sup nature boy! I will say if you plan on tinkering with the Mavic and using it for distance runs, you should consider getting one used at a much cheaper price than new,possibly get up w/thunderdrones here and see what he can hook you up with. One thing I experienced running distance is every time I got to critical landing I experienced problems controlling the craft. So running a bird for distance that's no good after 10% is useless. Although there are some parameters that can be reset critical landing isn't a forced landing anymore and that might help, although we will not discuss that here or now. It's a very capable aircraft that air data, a couple posts back ,from my last flight before I crashed(because of the uncontrollable critical landing) was 50,000 feet with stock controller, you gotta love that! that being said I personally have had more troubles with the Mavic than any other AC as far as errors and flight issues. but you can't ignore that it's also more fun to fly than the phantom series. If you're going to pull the trigger, I say don't worry about the warranty and go used!

Reactions: chazz and Ed209
so I flew the 6.6 MultiStar lihv under the belly hovering in my backyard, I was right on track to do about 35 minutes. I was only halfway paying attention to the flight,didn't have the controller in my hand, just kind of keeping an eye on it. Big mistake! While I wasn't looking for a split second, must of went into atti mode,found it laying over by the barn[emoji30]
c32f3965b5f4b1159bcf137cde44095c.jpg
now one motor doesn't spin. I guess at least I didn't have a camera on to break!Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

so I flew the 6.6 MultiStar lihv under the belly hovering in my backyard, I was right on track to do about 35 minutes. I was only halfway paying attention to the flight,didn't have the controller in my hand, just kind of keeping an eye on it. Big mistake! While I wasn't looking for a split second, must of went into atti mode,found it laying over by the barn[emoji30]
c32f3965b5f4b1159bcf137cde44095c.jpg
now one motor doesn't spin. I guess at least I didn't have a camera on to break!Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

**** db. Did that motor obstruction happen as it was going down? Or maybe something hit the props like tape or wires???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming