DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

**** db. Did that motor obstruction happen as it was going down? Or maybe something hit the props like tape or wires???

when you watch the flight log back it doesn't show the motor obstruction until it would've crashed already, shows the satellites in red and GPS loss. This was only the second flight, both of them hovers since it's fatal crash, even though everything in the app looked OK, it was foolish of me not to do and IMU calibration after the crash and a compass calibration. but the biggest mistake was not having the controller in hand and watching more closely. Oh well, learning lesson.
sidenote: One of the motors after the crash A month ago did feel a little catchy. I don't know whether it was that motor or not

wow what the heck man. it was there just fine and then gps dies and atti mode rolls in .. thats not cool! did it run into a tree? wondering what caused it to down. i learned that the hardway too setting the rc down in activetrack, boom bush .. :/

wow what the heck man. it was there just fine and then gps dies and atti mode rolls in .. thats not cool! did it run into a tree? wondering what caused it to down. i learned that the hardway too setting the rc down in activetrack, boom bush .. :/

probably ran into the side of the barn then spun out-of-control and made a hole-in-one into the tractor bucket!
my family said it's a new drone game I'm playing called drone golf where you try to crash into a hole[emoji41]

Reactions: ggg and digdat0
emoji41.png

I would rather not have a tractor story

Sorry for the crash man!

Reactions: Ed209
critical landing isn't a forced landing anymore
I can prove you wrong on this statement. My Mavic has all the mods done including the mxxx mods and at 8% battery it will force land. No matter what and I have no control of the craft once it gets to this point.

I can prove you wrong on this statement. My Mavic has all the mods done including the mxxx mods and at 8% battery it will force land. No matter what and I have no control of the craft once it gets to this point.

You need to mod the flight settings in dji assistant to turn off autolanding. Change battery to non-dji 3s.

so I flew the 6.6 MultiStar lihv under the belly hovering in my backyard, I was right on track to do about 35 minutes. I was only halfway paying attention to the flight,didn't have the controller in my hand, just kind of keeping an eye on it. Big mistake! While I wasn't looking for a split second, must of went into atti mode,found it laying over by the barn[emoji30]now one motor doesn't spin. I guess at least I didn't have a camera on to break!Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Hey DB! Ouch! Sorry to see that crash BUT i have ta say not too surprised to see a crashed bird pic in one of your posts.. Hope you get it fixed and continue because yeah i couldn't not get one...I see 2 3's and 2 - 4's were tested so I'll make my contribution and test 2 5.2's Who knows it may even lift them... the motors are lookin pretty small on this thing...Hopefully i wont have to take another nature walk ;)...I have a lot of learnin to do...

yeah chazz,i'm not surprised you couldn't stay away,we're all here to help you get adjusted.for those of you that don't know,Chazz is a major distance/battery mod player in the phantom arena. we welcome you over here and look forward to your trials & errors [emoji41]
if I can let me suggest to start off slow and get used to the bird first. good luck brother. there's one thing you can counton, I'm gonna crash birds and Digdats gonna brick em w/ some crazy firmware experiment[emoji41]

really? With autoland descent value as 0mph it doesn't land on me, autoland does still kick in, but it doesn't force it down. setting to nondji will prevent the function all together. i have video showing it on yt.

Hey guys! I started readin this thread and I see a lot of veterans here and thinkin buyin the Mav but I'm having a hard time pullin the trigger...Whats better about the Mav then the phantom as far as distance runs and battery mods? I'm not a big picture takin movie makin type and i'm only looking for something to keep my mind occupied...I'm kinda at the end of everything i can think of on the phantom with the exception one more trick and may need something new...the best run i see so far is CybeNates double MS4.0 LIHV 39min 54,000ft flight. which was a nice flight and congrats by the way...the obvious next try is the double MS 5.2 LIHV if it can handle the weight and I'm sure DB will try it next because he's a nut ;) and then that'll be it? nothing more to try? Or is there? I think I'm a little late to the party...So what to do:confused:
welcome to the party chazz! the mavic is a fun aircraft, its different than the p3 platform for sure, challenging and fun. Plus super portable, kinda refreshing! Be careful with too much weight, but i'm curious how the 2x5200's do. I was thinking a 3000+5200 lihv's could be a combo, not too much more weight than the 2x4000's and might be able to get close to CyberNate in the leaderboard. I havent had cash to use on batteries, so ive only got the 2x3000's .. and a 4s 8.0 im still eyeballing for a 3s conversion. the direct power mod seems to be the way to go, guys running clips usually see worse performance with externals than those with direct power mod. youll like it im sure and theres more active folks around than the p3 area ;)

Reactions: CyberNate and chazz
yeah chazz,i'm not surprised you couldn't stay away,we're all here to help you get adjusted.for those of you that don't know,Chazz is a major distance/battery mod player in the phantom arena. we welcome you over here and look forward to your trials & errors [emoji41]
if I can let me suggest to start off slow and get used to the bird first. good luck brother. there's one thing you can counton, I'm gonna crash birds and Digdats gonna brick em w/ some crazy firmware experiment[emoji41]
dang man, you gotta keep bringing that up! :p so true though, oh well .. maybe we can use my bricked mainboards and some solder and make that trophy. i am a gluten for punishment. But the bird flies again, and i even got a new gimbal ribbon coming monday. I also have an extra gimbal motor if anyone needs one .. its fun. Its spendy and frustrating sometimes, but its fun. We are our own support group

Last edited:
and i ended up making a (what i think is) good how-to video on replacing it ... im very much resisting the urge to make a how to on the direct power mod on my not-modded mavic ..

Reactions: ggg
Thanks Dig! what do you think about modifying the battery mod? If i can get away from soldering to the mavs main board for now id prefer that.. what do you think?

EDIT: Yeah i was just thinking that would be about as good as the clip because all the resistance through the battery leads..I guess there's no way around it. nothing beats soldering leads right to the source..

Last edited:
Got the itch to test these 2x MS 3.0 LiHV. Flew in GPS mode. Not good numbers but I'm wondering if the wind really knocked the crap outta my flight times. This is my first run of these and wasn't that impressed. Seems like they burned off evenly with the DJI battery although there was a 126mAh difference put back in between the 2 MS 3.0s. Winds are supposed to calm down for tomorrow. I might take it out across the bay to see how it does.

K9GudKK.jpg

JVwC0hF.jpg

prqi7ia.jpg

LQZiZCG.jpg

xWKZg4p.jpg

e4jc7Ap.jpg

Got the itch to test these 2x MS 3.0 LiHV. Flew in GPS mode. Not good numbers but I'm wondering if the wind really knocked the crap outta my flight times. This is my first run of these and wasn't that impressed. Seems like they burned off evenly with the DJI battery although there was a 126mAh difference put back in between the 2 MS 3.0s. Winds are supposed to calm down for tomorrow. I might take it out across the bay to see how it does.

K9GudKK.jpg

JVwC0hF.jpg

prqi7ia.jpg

LQZiZCG.jpg

xWKZg4p.jpg

e4jc7Ap.jpg
I'd be interested in your future run(s). It's a tossup on my next purchase - these or the MS 4.0 LiHV

I'd be interested in your future run(s). It's a tossup on my next purchase - these or the MS 4.0 LiHV

I'm thinking the winds really killed the performance here. It flies fine with these on it even with the winds I had.

now when I try to fire the mav up it says #2 esc error, prob means it's gonna need a whole new esc board huh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter