DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

agreed but worth a try because it works for me...Try without the jumpers first and then turn it on...Then add the jumpers because you need some current to pass the board if you want full use of the battery...Balance lead first! and hey why the 2 balance leads?

I'll give it a shot although I'm doubtful. I want added 2 balance leads for 2 externals.

Hmmm. What I'm thinking is you need the balance leads if you want to see individual cell voltage. Now for power, I first soldered my leads to pins 2-3 & 5-6...That is bypassing the board. So when I first tried and and the board shut off, I figured the board needs to see voltage running through it so I just put the jumpers on the "bat -" and "bat +" pads to the xt60s. that way you have voltage running through the board and also going directly to the power pins. My thinking is that by doing it this way, if the board shuts off, you'll still be flying with direct power to pins 2-3 5-6.

Anyone else who's done this help me out?

That’s what I did. I did both the balance lead and the jumpers. It works good.

Do both maybe?

I haven’t tried to fly with mine

Mine powers up with the balance lead instantly...

Mine does too. All 4 lights turn on then off. If i press the button twice as if powering up the board it powers on the off quickly.

Same thing with xt60 connected.

Mine stays on...Then when i turn it off it turns off. I can turn it on again without issue

If it was me id start over and take the extra balance lead off and just do it the way it was like original...Up to you man...I know it doesn't make sense but i do a lot of things that don't make sense...

If it was me id start over and take the extra balance lead off and just do it the way it was like original...Up to you man...I know it doesn't make sense but i do a lot of things that don't make sense...

Extra balance lead isn’t doing anything to interfere. They’re all connected in parallel. I’d be dumbfounded if that was causing the problem. I did what I was told not to do and just plugged in the xt60 without balance. It does the same thing. Powers up then off.

Try some stuff like holding the powerbutton in while you plug in the balance lead...That fixed my phantom battery kinda...i had to do it a few times to catch it just right...

No, if the two main leads are powered the balance lead I think powers the board itself.

Otherwise running the jumpers to the board I believe eliminates the need for the balance connector to be used.

But Ed I’m basically an idiot. All I know is what I experiment with on my board. I never actually tried using it.

No man your not an idiot your a tester and I think that's awesome...None of us know how it really works we can just share our experiences..

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
I see there is differences between battery boards. Maybe it means something maybe not. The one bean sent me that doesn't work looks like the bottom one. IMG_5403.JPG Wv7iZOI.jpg

Last edited:
I see there is differences between battery boards. Maybe it means something maybe not. The one bean sent me that doesn't work looks like the bottom one. View attachment 22137 View attachment 22138

Looks the same to me

Heres a closer look at mine.
8119839f4824cfb9766a23b2119b358d.jpg

Wow that didn’t come out right
Trying to ask out of the 4200 and 5200 who has the lightest. As is brand type... etc

Long Day.

Hey TLS! if you can see the difference in the pics above which one do you have?

I looked at the balance connector and pads on the opposite side. The pads go (ground, V1, V2, V3). Are the external balance leads wired the same way?

The 3S RC battery packs wire their balance leads as (V1, V2, V3, ground)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard