DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I put the first charge on my Proteks and did a hover test. For comparison the first pic is with the MS 4000s, I landed at 24% and the second is with the Protek 3600s

Multistar4000.png

This hover test was done in 12 to 13 mph winds and flown down to 50%. As you can see from the total mileage the Mavic was all over the place because I have them strapped to the belly and my downward sensors off.

Protek3600.png

I got a couple of those protek 4s 4200's. I checked the resistance with a meter i have that checks resistance and C rating and the Protek charger that i have that has a mohm reading . My Protek charger shows 59mohm total pack resistance and the other meter reads about 7.5 mOhms per cell and a C rating of 13 to 14C. The batteries aren't as advertised. They are still a good battery for what we need and they are very comparable to the MS lihv's but the 100C rating isn't true. The MS lihv's are rated at 10C and they measure between 11 and 14C...If I would have bought these needing the 100C for something other then the Mav i would have returned them. But i'm glad they came in I've been waiting awhile and i got the 3.6's and 8.5s coming maybe next week and hopefully i get some time to test. I did plug the 4s charged to 15.2V into the battery board to test and the bird fires up NP. I didn't fly it i just let it idle for a few minutes and it seems the cells run down evenly. So sooner then later ill charge it to 17V and hope it doesn't fry something I guess we'll see.

If you have a protek charger and checked the Protek batteries with that charger you should definitely let the company know your findings, my charger shows the resistance a lot lower than that

Something glitchy on this screenshot lash! Why is the projected mileage so low? Is it because it was just a hover test?
Yeah, it's a hover test so since I wasn't moving forward with any speed it projected a very short distance.

I am here thinking about a overload on the intelligent batteries...the current that come from the LiPo is being available to charge the intel batteries, on the same contacts...so the intel batteries are discharging at the same time that they are receiving current from LiPo? They can be overloaded and burned in that way of use?

I am here thinking about a overload on the intelligent batteries...the current that come from the LiPo is being available to charge the intel batteries, on the same contacts...so the intel batteries are discharging at the same time that they are receiving current from LiPo? They can be overloaded and burned in that way of use?

The voltages should be close between the internal and external batteries. If the external voltage is significantly higher, then the internal battery will be turned off automatically. You don't want this to happen, which is evident if you see no battery information updated or see battery error.

Here is the new long-range from FPVcustoms.com . It ties into the main power cable. Also included is a battery bracket. A 3s LIHV battery (3000 to 4000ma) is recommended for use with this mod. This mod is hardwired.

Don't you lose GPS signal by obstructing the antenna directly in front of the battery?

They're good but not that good! **** you should've just had one of us send them to you[emoji41]
Performance of 4000 packs in smaller and lighter version....could not resist.
I just cancelled the order, Amain staff was very helpful. Now what ;)

Performance of 4000 packs in smaller and lighter version....could not resist.
I just cancelled the order, Amain staff was very helpful. Now what ;)

Well I wasn't trying to tell you to cancel your order. I was just thinking that somebody from the states here must be able to get them shipped to you cheaper than 150 bucks. I think here in the states they ship them to us for free if it's over 100 bucks.

Well I wasn't trying to tell you to cancel your order. I was just thinking that somebody from the states here must be able to get them shipped to you cheaper than 150 bucks. I think here in the states they ship them to us for free if it's over 100 bucks.
Ok, if anyone is up for that im all ears. I have no rush since it's all rain, wind & work anyway. If I haven't heard anything in couple of weeks I might still get- em direct.
I hardly know anyone in the US personally, I thought when you mentioned " one of us" there was a plan, my bad..

Oh no bad on your part, after this Christmas rush, I'll check in to the shipping after this weekend if you PM me your address

I compared the Protek 4s 4200 , MS 4S 4000LIHV and the Mavic stock Battery. The Protek pack resistance reads a little lower on the Lipo ESR meter then it was on the Protek Charger yesterday The ESR meter its prob more accurate. I'm comparing the Protek 4S to a MS 4S because i think it's a better comparison. I also added the Mavic battery because i thought it was interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_6216.JPG
    IMG_6216.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6217.JPG
    IMG_6217.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6226.JPG
    IMG_6226.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6225.JPG
    IMG_6225.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6227.JPG
    IMG_6227.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6228.JPG
    IMG_6228.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 41
If you have a protek charger and checked the Protek batteries with that charger you should definitely let the company know your findings, my charger shows the resistance a lot lower than that

Well see.. I'll wait to see what the 3600's and 8500's test at. But i don't think i really care they're not 100C i dont need that. As long as they compare to the MSLihv's and lighter i'm good. I was thinking they were a little light to be 100C. I never bought a 100C but looking online they are usually on the heavier side...

Reactions: dirtybum
What are the packs like at the typical long range current draws? Say 1.2-1.3c.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky