DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I run 1.03.0700 and 1.04.0000 with 305/306 removed upgraded from 1.03.0700 both have same behavior.
Does the gimbal reboot over the air too? How did you solved? Very corious the it happens only when I fly with an extra battery!
where are you putting the extra battery location wise?

where are you putting the extra battery location wise?

I put my single extra 5200mah lihv Multistar exactly over the standard battery. Seems that the GC is the same as without the extra battery. Do you have any suggestion?

I put my single extra 5200mah lihv Multistar exactly over the standard battery. Seems that the GC is the same as without the extra battery. Do you have any suggestion?
may want to try it on the bottom. and see if it chances anything. of course you will need to turn off the sensors first. I was putting on a 7000 battery and had not problems on it's belly.

Hi @lolo780

Looking at the controller board there would appear to only be 4 likely components that could be load resistors and could in theory be "blown" if the board senses a short circuit or charging fault and wanted to stop power going out from the cells. I have access to a good board and measure a 0 ohm resistance on the two marked "R004" and a 100 ohms on the two marked "101".

Are you able to measure your bad board and let me know. I did all measurements with out de-soldering and components.
5690251b80f94112446b0cd9f689c8bc.jpg
Any luck ? :)

So Mavic will trigger auto-landing when stock bat drop to 4.35V no matter using Non dji battery Settings or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_194433.jpg
    IMG_20180127_194433.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
So Mavic will trigger auto-landing when stock bat drop to 4.35V no matter using Non dji battery Settings or not?
You can turn the auto landing speed down to zero so that it maintains altitude, but I don't recommend it. It's a good safeguard to have landing mode. Holding the elevator stick up you can maintain altitude. Imagine you are far from home point and navigate down low to pick a safe landing spot. If you were to lose connection, the drone will continue landing. If you turned landing speed to zero, craft would hover and then fall out of the sky. Not good.

Hit the 59K limit again with the same setup. Very easy to do with 3 Protek packs. I even had a little wind today but still easy. Good setup for those wanting minimal modding.

Is there a link to the mod you have where the dual connectors are coming from the inside of the Mavic? What sequence do you start everything up? Do you turn on the Mavic with the stock battery and then plug in all the other batteries? Thanks

Reactions: efowler
Is there a link to the mod you have where the dual connectors are coming from the inside of the Mavic? What sequence do you start everything up? Do you turn on the Mavic with the stock battery and then plug in all the other batteries? Thanks

Dual connectors from directly off Mavic internal leads. I start internal and connect externals. Often I have to again turn on internal in case they start charging or turn off.
20180112_100909.jpg

20180112_101010.jpg

Dual connectors from directly off Mavic internal leads. I start internal and connect externals. Often I have to again turn on internal in case they start charging or turn off.
View attachment 29794

View attachment 29795
You have an awesome setup. Is there a link with a step by step process for this dual connector mod inside the Mavic? Also how much are you improving over the 30 mins of flight time from the MPP?

You have an awesome setup. Is there a link with a step by step process for this dual connector mod inside the Mavic? Also how much are you improving over the 30 mins of flight time from the MPP?

Mavic doesn't fly for 30 minutes at speed. More like 22 minutes. With battery mod, around 45 minutes. Don't have step by step, but you can find threads discussing battery mod.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You can turn the auto landing speed down to zero so that it maintains altitude, but I don't recommend it. It's a good safeguard to have landing mode. Holding the elevator stick up you can maintain altitude. Imagine you are far from home point and navigate down low to pick a safe landing spot. If you were to lose connection, the drone will continue landing. If you turned landing speed to zero, craft would hover and then fall out of the sky. Not good.
Yep, I've set the L1 n L2 of auto landing to 0 before but as you said its not good so I only lower the decending speed of L2 from -3 to -2 while kept the L1 unchanged.

Mavic doesn't fly for 30 minutes at speed. More like 22 minutes. With battery mod, around 45 minutes. Don't have step by step, but you can find threads discussing battery mod.

Awesome. I’ll search for that thread discussing how to do the actual modding. I flew my platinum at speed for 28 mins the other day. Even though I landed at 1% battery lol. Thanks

Awesome. I’ll search for that thread discussing how to do the actual modding. I flew my platinum at speed for 28 mins the other day. Even though I landed at 1% battery lol. Thanks
How much distance did you cover in 28min?

How much distance did you cover in 28min?

I was flying into a strong headwind and in gps mode full stick 12-13mph out and 17-20mph way back(wind aided). Flew out to about 20k feet and turned around with 39% battery. Auto landing kicked in when I was 1.8 miles from home and had to fight it to get it back. Flight altitude was 400-1000ft

Reactions: lolo780
View attachment 29794

View attachment 29795

I was just looking through past posts and saw you have also used these same pro teks but dually instead of 3. I couldn’t locate your numbers on the dual version though. You are constantly near 59k on this setup with 45 min flight. What were your distance and flight time averages with the dual setup?

I was just looking through past posts and saw you have also used these same pro teks but dually instead of 3. I couldn’t locate your numbers on the dual version though. You are constantly near 59k on this setup with 45 min flight. What were your distance and flight time averages with the dual setup?

55k and 40 minutes. Was a bit more when they were brand new, like 41 minutes, but they settled to about 40 minutes. It's a good setup and flies really well. 3 packs is really heavy and makes the drone really load. I mainly use 3 packs for reaching the limit, but prefer flying with 2.

The speed should be 31 to 34 mph. You won't get 28 minutes at that speed. Up to 23 max.

The speed should be 31 to 34 mph. You won't get 28 minutes at that speed. Up to 23 max.

Is the speed you are speaking of achieved in sport mode? I was in normal gps mode and had 28 mins of non stop flying at parameters I mentioned. I should be able to upload a video of that.

Without quoting you in two different messages I’ll ask other question here also. I plan on flush mounting xt30 connectors with 16 gauge wire over the xt60 connectors with 14 gauge wire. Do you think I will have any noticeable difference in performance with 16 gauge? Anymore risk? Thanks for your quick replies

EDITED: sorry Nate I misunderstood your post. I believe you meant that flying at the higher speed will reduce the flight time to 23 mins. I took it that my slower speed would lessen the flight time. Disregard my first comment above. My apologies.

Is the speed you are speaking of achieved in sport mode? I was in normal gps mode and had 28 mins of non stop flying at parameters I mentioned. I should be able to upload a video of that.

Without quoting you in two different messages I’ll ask other question here also. I plan on flush mounting xt30 connectors with 16 gauge wire over the xt60 connectors with 14 gauge wire. Do you think I will have any noticeable difference in performance with 16 gauge? Anymore risk? Thanks for your quick replies

EDITED: sorry Nate I misunderstood your post. I believe you meant that flying at the higher speed will reduce the flight time to 23 mins. I took it that my slower speed would lessen the flight time. Disregard my first comment above. My apologies.

I use XT30 connectors and 18 guage, but I think 16 guage is a better choice. I do see the 18 guage resistance when I run 3 packs. On the side with 2 packs, the voltage is lagging behind by .2V. You'll have less loss with 16 guage.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven