DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Sorry for my late reply. I recommend that you contact the seller through email [email protected] and he will deliver your goods by international express e.g. DHL. Or you can confirm him at his taobao on line shop enquire function. He will use translation App to communicate with you. But you must open an account at taobao online shop first.

Thank you I just sent him an e-mail.

when you get one please def put some test results here
Mikey, I wonder how reliable their battery packs are. We will see.
We would like to see some specs on these Fat Albert batteries. Also please post your initial THOUGHTS and test results when you receive one. Butterfly Ray says they are $140 I would imagine plus shipping slow boat from China.

Last edited:
My original dual battery.
Made a Mavic double battery from the original components. I decided not to disassemble the second battery, plastic in fact plays the role of a protective casing for soft insides. 30 grams of the case and 19 grams of the board will not solve anything for me + -1 minute. I decided to try to fix one on the other. Plus I see in leaving the charge controller with a temperature sensor that turns off charging in which case. That is, they will be charged normally. And also automatically discharge to 50% capacity.
Since I have 4 batteries, I think to make 2 pairs. To fly on single batteries for 10-15 minutes is not convenient.

61c8f16a78d4.jpg

Donguang (left) and Sunwoda (right) batteries, wire connection:
b495f582b03e.jpg

Holes for wires are also made by heating the file. This is the most accurate way. Before melting the holes, the flat wooden stick needs to move the wires + - so that they do not interfere and do not accidentally melt them. By the way, when cutting a window by heating a thin knife, the cap is put neatly in place, put back on the sealant later. Before the procedure, we land the battery until it turns off for safe soldering and cutting the window.
Soldering is complicated and requires accuracy, I do not advise anyone to do this if there is no experience, but to buy a ready-made battery. The XT60 yellow connector is used for 12V, the T-PLUG red connector is slightly different for balance. Not to be confused and not inserted into each other. 12V 1.5mm2 wire; 0.5mm2 cans. Outside the wires are covered with black tape. Inside the silicone to isolate the solder and hold the wires in case of vibration. The window is closed back with silicone.

Window and holes:
547ce54911cd.jpg

eb10c49f63f5.jpg

e6d27a021bd0.jpg

e886cd510bb0.jpg

2 Sunwoda batteries, wire connection:
59e41d59b1e0.jpg

80061f3b0b5a.jpg

2 doubled batteries:
cd2605929755.jpg

15f207a3f896.jpg

Plus, in a double battery, I see another one, at a Mavic of 5 km this is the normal range in nature, you fly there on 1 battery and turn sharply just to fly back. On a double one, at a distance of 5 km, you can safely fly, take pictures. Mavic is long-range, but to fly and shoot at this distance with 1 battery is simply unrealistic. We also often have the wind, the battery consumption is much higher, for example, I shot a beautiful church only took off, slowly flew around it and the battery ran out, the flow in the wind was just like in sports and the flight took only 10-15 minutes, I also barely reached the critical landing. With a double if necessary, it will be possible to connect them longer and take pictures further. One day in the fall I flew on tressure island, enjoyed the view of Alcatraz, but as usual in San Francisco the weather is windy. Batteries had to be changed every 15 minutes, it is very small. I just managed to fly along the coast, record the view of San Francisco as the battery ran out. A dual battery will be useful for such filming.

The forecast range, I think the standard is like 20 km of flight without effort minus 1 km per plastic on the battery, I also think over time minus 1 minute per hull, that is, about 25-30 minutes of active flight in sport mode. In one battery Mavic in real weather conditions flies 9-10 km and in sports it is 12-15 minutes of flight. Without plastic on the battery, the original battery would weigh 205 grams with wires, here the weight is 260 grams (battery, connectors and wires). The difference is 55 grams, I do not think that much.
Savchenko on an open original battery weighing 205 grams flies 22 km, with a theoretical margin of 24 km if planted dry. At the same time, the stock remote Mavic in nature took 11 km of range from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookaboorra
Disconnected the second board. Strange but because of the 2 connected boards to the common banks, banks + - 0.12V floated. I do not know why, it is better not to do that. Now I balance the banks discharge to the same values. The easiest way is to discharge the USB arrester 2A 5V with a parallel connected tester, connecting to the desired bank reduce the voltage to the same with others. Two already perfectly restored.
The withdrawal fee should be one.IMG_6176.JPG

Everything works, banks ideally hold an equal balance, tested the discharge. In the Assistant Non Dji Battery in the dashboard, the first sound at 3.65 V, forced landing at 3.5V.
As you can see 11% and 3.84V. GO does not swear at a low level, because it is a voltage setting.
IMG_1646.PNG

IMG_1647.PNG

IMG_1648.JPG

At the time of working with the battery, a 10-liter saucepan with a lid for $ 10 was purchased. It is enamelled and is accordingly designed for the gas flame of the stove. Have a close by sure to spend any work with a lithium battery. Keep also desirable in it. Let it be funny but its in the package and in the trunk along with the batteries if you leave, nothing like this is in mind when being transported by car:
IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG
post-14972-0-67725300-1543818394.jpg

Last edited:
You should be getting close to 38 mins in warmer weather!

38 minutes is a lot of time. I would be surprised to see more then 35 minutes of real flight time. It takes me 38 minutes to fly 47,000 feet and back to the home point.

Good Luck. Let us know anything.
I'm interested in this setup myself, however, I'm going to do the mod something similar to this but different.

Trying for 40 mins of flight time with good conditions of course. Looking at these images am I correct in assuming that the balance wires consist of just 2 wires a + and - wire?

I'm just not to fund of ordering parts from foreign countries.......

Thanks in advance for your input
Bill

Happ Holidays

slapped a 3600 protek on my bird, piggyback on the battery using some velcro. i thought it wasn't covering up the GPS/COMPASS module, but 8 minutes in i got a compass error and it went into atti for about a minute. flew it for another 10 minutes after that (breaking it in) and it was fine other than some motor current errors. anybody else have this happen with the proteks?

un mio piccolo contributo allo studio della batteria mavic pro Mi chiamo Fabrizio, ho un pessimo accento inglese, quindi scrivo NELLA MIA LINGUA MADRE Italiano... Dico subito è mi riferisco agli più intelligenti, prendendo spunto dall'altra discussione poi morta del "NANO" Comincio nel dire che le batterie 18650 non sono compatibili per il suo involucro in ferro che disturba il GPS e la Bussola del mavic, quindi da scartare, vi oriento ad un'altra batteria denominata LiHV 4.35v per cella più adatta dei 4.20V della semplice Lipo.

download.jpg
Cosa ci sta dicendo il "Nano" Ci dice che adopera un clip denominato bq30z55 costruito da: http://www.rumjd.com/Attachments/201604/20160409_144356_184.pdf Il quale sono programmabili e si trovano già all'interno della board della batteria DJI Ci sono alcuni soft di programmazione online delle correnti di controllo da inserire nel clip bq30z55.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980