DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro [Battery not working?]

SpectoX

Reactions
Hey reader(s)!

Recently, I was going for an excursion when I realized my DJI battery that came with the box, was not charging at all.
When plugged, LED 1 (the one farthest from the power button) would blink roughly about 16 times and disappear, and repeat.

I left it on power for few hours to still no avail.

Any help/solutions to this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
-Specto

**EDIT 1**
I had not used this battery in a while (roughly about 1 year) but had pre-discharged it according to guide

sounds like it has died from lack of use one thing you could try is to plug it in to the charger then attempt to do the turn on procedure if the batt stays on then you might be lucky and it will start to charge

I am new to the DJIs but have been using Lithium -polymer Li-Po batteries since they were born or became mainstream with RC helis and planes.
They are very sensitive to overcharge (puff up and vent with flames) and to over discharge, when it occurs they normally don't come back with good results and need to be discarded. They are happy in the semi charge (storage voltage) state at 3.7- 3.8 volt/cell.
My understanding is that these DJI batteries have their controller onboard/ inside the battery casing, so it controls its own destiny.
If it is left in the discharged state it can discharge itself below the no-return point.

Li-Po batteries voltage
"Voltage -The voltage of a battery is also determined by the cell arrangement (series), and there are a few common voltage measurements worth noting:
Charged - the voltage of a fully-charged LiPo cell is 4.20V, and charging above this will damage the cell.
Nominal - this can be considered a sort of "half-charged" voltage, as it is 3.70V, in between charged and discharged. Nominal voltage is what manufacturers use when describing the voltage of their batteries.
Discharged - the voltage of a discharged LiPo cell is 3.00V, and discharging below this will definitely damage the cell."

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi