DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro battery question

radio5991

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro DJI battery that will charge but would not power up drone
Therefore I could not get any info from battery
Tried to let it discharge numerous times over several weeks but still no response
I marked it and set it aside for several months
On a whim I put it in the drone yesterday and everything seemed fine
Got a report on battery-3.77v 3.78v 3.72v 41%
Been charged 30 times
I started drone but did not attempt to fly
No swelling or visible issues
Use it or toss it?

Charge it to 100%.... Then check individual cell voltages to verify that they are all the same. Then fly/hover the drone 2' above the ground for the full battery discharge until it self lands. Allow battery to cool for several hours. Then charge to 100% again and check cell voltages. If good then the battery is good to go.

Hi Radio
Yeah I have only just this week had exactly the same problem, original battery (OEM) having only consumed 11 charges........Kapput !!
Just ordered a new one from Amazon, I know it hurts but your battery is no more, a dead battery, is gone, useless, no way back, I've tried everything you have.......Kapput sorry !!
Dillon

Charge it to 100%.... Then check individual cell voltages to verify that they are all the same. Then fly/hover the drone 2' above the ground for the full battery discharge until it self lands. Allow battery to cool for several hours. Then charge to 100% again and check cell voltages. If good then the battery is good to go.
Certainly worth trying.

Hi Drone retriever
I've had the same problem as Radio, Mavic will not start rotors or take off whilst the battery is in this condition, when the three cells are not balanced ie 3.77v 3.78v 3.72v the last cell it too low !!
The Mavic will not respond at all when fired up, my bad battery was charged to 100% with no problems, has been 100% for a week even when I have set the discharge time to one day...it remains on full charge 4 green LED's.
I did notice when I connected up to set discharge rate to one day, the Mavic internal cooling fan did not kick in and got really quite hot, I personally would not chance using the battery.

I did charge but then the drone turned on but gave a battery error message and would not start
I still have 3 batteries so can fly quite a bit
Batteries are an expensive part of flying for certain
Thanks

please do not use....

i lost a phantom 4 just because of this same issue.... not upto 30 feets above ground level... my craft just dropped dead & that was the end of it.... gimbal, compass, landing gear, propellers, even the battery, all ended up in pieces.

How do you check each individual cell?

When the drone is on, paired up, and viewing device showing the app screen, go into the battery icon in main menu, it has all the info in there, you can check this before, during, and / or after a flight.
If you have an airdata account, you can also see flight battery info in there too, inc temps.

Reactions: Bob L
When the drone is on, paired up, and viewing device showing the app screen, go into the battery icon in main menu, it has all the info in there, you can check this before, during, and / or after a flight.
If you have an airdata account, you can also see flight battery info in there too, inc temps.
Thank you. I haven't flown for a while and need to check my batteries.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka