DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro becomes a scrap after the end of 2023 ?

ylmavicpro

Reactions
According the new EU regulation, my Mavic Pro Platinum ( around 742g) belongs to transit category, which is not allowed to fly, without class mark, as of 01.01.2024. DJI can not issue a class mark for Mavic Pro drones retroactively rigth now. Does it mean it becomes a scrap from that day? Any Mavic Pro pilots in EU countries have the same worry as I have?

Thanks.

You can attach an aftermarket module. AFAIK there is only one available now, for ~300 UK Pounds. As the drop-dead date nears, there will probably be other cheaper options.

You can attach an aftermarket module. AFAIK there is only one available now, for ~300 UK Pounds. As the drop-dead date nears, there will probably be other cheaper options.
The Mavic Pro now has FAA approved remote ID built in. It’s the only legacy model to have it. No idea how that translates to other countries rules, however.

Thank for your information. I hope there will be a cheaper solution in the near future.

Reactions: Hauptmann
The Mavic Pro now has FAA approved remote ID built in. It’s the only legacy model to have it. No idea how that translates to other countries rules, however.
Thanks for the information. i have not heard anything about it in Switzerland. I have asked the DJI customer service, they just said vagely that they are working on it, it depends not only on them. They said: not worry.....

Also

View attachment 163104
View attachment 163103

Also

View attachment 163104
View attachment 163103
I must be going blind. Show me where it says Mavic Pro 2

Reactions: Hauptmann

Things for the faa heating up ahead of reauthorization.

Reauthorization and remote id requirement date only a week apart.

Please correct me, if I am wrong. It seems the RID is not a deciding or urgent issue in EU. The MPP will turn to a scrap overnight at the end of this year, because it lacks a class mark C1, if DJI cannot issue it retrovactively.

Please correct me, if I am wrong. It seems the RID is not a deciding or urgent issue in EU. The MPP will turn to a scrap overnight at the end of this year, because it lacks a class mark C1, if DJI cannot issue it retrovactively.
I will first and foremost say that I am American and as such my knowledge of US laws only helps to understand the EU rules but does not make me an expert.

Reading the rules it seems aircraft purchased before 12-31-23 and under 25KG can still fly under subcategory A3, no? Again, not an expert in the EU rules but unless I am reading this all wrong it seems to be the case.
A55B75BC-E3E9-48CA-A806-3FCB0526FD9E.jpeg

Reactions: ylmavicpro
Yes, interesting that there is no firmware update. I am guessing that means the artcraft already complies with remote ID. Not sure how else to interpret that.
It practically has the hardware, but it doesn't have the remote ID function other than djis proprietary aeroscope. Maybe if you just enter the serial number the faa is happy.

Reactions: ylmavicpro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer