DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EU - Class Labels

GBMPhoto

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Have a question regarding class labels in the EU.

My Mavic 3 has a C1 class label and I was hoping to fly in the Open A1 category when visiting Greece later this year. When preparing for my trip, I got in touch with the HCAA to clarify a few things, and in correspondence they stated that the class labels only come into effect on 01/01/2024 and I’d have to fly the M3 using the transition period rules.

I've read through Regulation (EU) 2019/947 and in Article 22, it refers to a transitional period that applies "Without prejudice to Article 20, the use of UAS in the ‘open’ category which do not comply with the requirements of Parts 1 to 5 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945".

In Part 2 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945, it describes the requirements for a UAS to receive the C1 class marking.
The M3 has been awarded the C1 class label and therefore should comply with Part 2 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945, and therefore the transitional period as described in Article 22 of the Regulation (EU) 2019/947 should not apply to my M3.

As I understand it, I should therefore be able to fly it in the Open A1 subcategory today, or is there another regulation that stipulates class labels are only in effect from 01/01/2024?

Anyone have any experience in this?

Many thanks
🙏

There was another thread about this:

It seems that you are right and the HCAA are wrong about this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S