DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

C1 vs C2 in EU - Mavic 3 Classic

YRauste

Reactions
Mavic 3 classic has now the C1 label (the only DJI drone as far as I know - their other drones are "legacy drones" in EU). Does anybody know, why Mavic 3 Classic does not have the C2 label as well. Browsing the requirements for C1 and C2 drones in the documentation [Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and (EU) 2019/945)] I cannot see too different requirements for C1 and C2. If Mavic 3 Classic fulfills the requirements of C1, why does it not fulfill the requirements of C2 ?

@YRauste the C1 classification has a lot more opportunity for where it can fly ,compared to the C2 C3 categories ,so because it has a C1 classification it can be flown in any of the 3 categories it doesn't need to have any other C rating other than C1 displayed

Reactions: Ty Pilot
@YRauste the C1 classification has a lot more opportunity for where it can fly ,compared to the C2 C3 categories ,so because it has a C1 classification it can be flown in any of the 3 categories it doesn't need to have any other C rating other than C1 displayed
Thank you Old Man Mavic. You are right, the C2 is meningful only for drones in the weight range 0.9 ... 2.0 kg. I thought that this A2 CoC was useful for something, but it seems to be useful only this year and before DJI issues the C1 label for my Mavic Air 2 ...

The C1 marking is for drones up to 900 grams the C2 marking is for drones up to 4 kgs. The operational restrictions are more favorable for the C1. See the document attached.

Attachments

• Drone Class Identification.pdf
    362.7 KB · Views: 25
The C1 marking is for drones up to 900 grams the C2 marking is for drones up to 4 kgs. The operational restrictions are more favorable for the C1. See the document attached.
It seems I have mixed weight limits between the transition period and the "normal" rules. But also the attached document had a mistake: the regulations of the class-marked drones would have been in effect already before 1.1.2023 (if there had been class-marked drones).

I am still waiting DJI to send the C1 label for my Mavic Air 2 ...

It seems I have mixed weight limits between the transition period and the "normal" rules. But also the attached document had a mistake: the regulations of the class-marked drones would have been in effect already before 1.1.2023 (if there had been class-marked drones).

I am still waiting DJI to send the C1 label for my Mavic Air 2 ...
Perhaps you may be waiting a long time for this to happen because the Mavic Air 2 may not comply to the standards.
The Mavic 3 has omni direction sensors, complies to nice levels, max speed, noise level etc. Something the Air 2 could possibly lack.

Perhaps you may be waiting a long time for this to happen because the Mavic Air 2 may not comply to the standards.
The Mavic 3 has omni direction sensors, complies to nice levels, max speed, noise level etc. Something the Air 2 could possibly lack.
As far as I know, Mavic Air 2 complies to all requirements. Obstacle sensors are not required. Max speed of 19 m/s complies to the speed requirement. Noise levels cannot exceed the limits in such a small drone.

The RID is a requirement, but that feature was already present in some firmware version (and DJI Fly version). In the current version, I cannot find RID settings anymore, but probably it can be returned in some future firmware and DJI Fly version. The RID requirements in Europe do not deviate much from the Japanese requirements, and some firmware version was said to address the Japanese RID requirements.

Hye All,
Last information I grabbed from DJI Support in NL is that DJI will comply with EU regulations, one day, but not yet... although they claim to be working hard on it... As usual,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143