DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has any American been able to get the EU C1 label?

I gave them a copy of my EASA ID card that shows I passed the test and am certified to fly.
I also gave them the "public" part of my Operator ID issued in Germany which can be verified with the German authorities - which is very similar in scope to our FAA.
It appears they are saying they will mail it to me - we'll see. Sometimes it appears they say one thing while meaning another. Such are language barriers.
I'd like to do the same. I have a friend's address in the EU I can have them send it to.

@Brojon , What is the mechanism by which you're contacting them (DJI-EU)? Chat? Phone? Email? Could you please share details? I'd be happy to try and share my experience as well for the group's benefit.

I'd like to do the same. I have a friend's address in the EU I can have them send it to.

@Brojon , What is the mechanism by which you're contacting them (DJI-EU)? Chat? Phone? Email? Could you please share details? I'd be happy to try and share my experience as well for the group's benefit.
Currently I have an individual trying to convince the EU team to cut me some slack and just send the dang label.
DJI.EU is claiming it has something to do with DHL which of course is utter nonsense.
My best contact was made through DJI Support page on Facebook oddly enough.
If you have an EU address to mail it to you should be golden as they have stated a willingness to do that.
The first hurdle is getting them to file for a label by proxy since the only place the label request works - or even appears in the app - is if you are actually in the EU. On a side note the EU requires the craft broadcast the "safe" part of your operator ID. Turns out you have to be in the EU to edit the first field in the aircraft broadcast.
Some really idiotic decisions for DJI to put fences around stuff that literally doesn't matter to the rest of the world.

It's really unfortunate that the competition for DJI has dried up.

Especially with the threatened legislation.

I had been waiting to upgrade from Mavic 2 Pro but I don't see the point in spending $2000 or more for the Air 3S if I can't get the CE label or A1 category operation, which is already the case with the M2P.

If Autel or another company was offering products in the US market with those labels or send them to you without having to jump through all these hoops, I'd choose them over DJI products.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terraflowersmiami