DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 classic rules and regulations right now

MGVision

Reactions
I live i Europe exactly in Poland. Can somebody tell me if mavic 3 classic with it C1 label is still on temporary regulations or it is already on 2024 year regulations? Is it already in A1 category or it will be there only in 2024 year?
From what distance from people can i at this moment fly with this drone? Can somebody clarify this please?

It's all summarised here: Open Category - Civil Drones | EASA

With the Mavic 3 Classic being the first C-labelled drone, you will have nothing to worry or to change as you can already fly with C1 in Open category, subcategory A1 from now on. The transitional period ending before 1st January, 2024 is just of importance for all of us with drones purchased before this date AND without C-labeling.

So in short, you are within this regulation already:
1669791802093.png

Happy flying.

Last edited:
What more do you need to know?
These are the official information from EASA, there's no additional viewpoint on them.
You have the first and only drone which complies with the necessary rules even before 1st January, 2024.

1669800601121.png

Start flying in A1 and enjoy it. 😆

What more do you need to know?
These are the official information from EASA, there's no additional viewpoint on them.
You have the first and only drone which complies with the necessary rules even before 1st January, 2024.

View attachment 157755

Start flying in A1 and enjoy it. 😆
Sorry if I am looking weird but it is a little suspicious. When i am asking people in Polish Facebook drone sites they are stating that mavic 3 classic is still subject to temporary rules and regulations till 2024 😅

Last edited:
There is no other rule for you, as you fully comply with the regulation of the Open category.
If you would have a drone WITHOUT C labelling, ie legacy drone, you could fly within these temporarily. But you don't, so you have nothing to worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGVision
Sorry if I am looking weird but its is a little suspicious when i am asking people in Polish Facebook drone sites they are stating that mavic 3 classic is still subject to temporary rules and regulations till 2024 😅
Don't listen to Facebook, a lot of people on there are wrong and have no idea about the regulations. This forum is the best place to get the straight answer.