DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro black screen, please help

ok i remember seeing this little ribbon conenctor on the side of the gimbal board which is put there for servicing by dji, in this picture here taken from another forum you can clearly see it. I do notice tx and rx pads, and 3v3 pads and gnd pads on the gimbal board, and the unused ribbon connector that is circled is probably used for this exact procedure. however, we run into a problem. first, there is no way for us to get ahold of a ribbon cable that hooks up to this connector. second, if we were to use an ftdi adapter (like the man does in the p2 repair you mention) we will need mavic pro specific flash files. That is all considering that my theory is correct and the nand chip is actually located on the gimbal board and not the core board of the mavic pro. I will check into a github page which i used to read a long time ago from a member called mephistoteles, he had done a lot of work and reverse engineering on the p3. lets hope i will find something that is helpful for the mavic pro. Btw, i wanted to ask you, did you try replacing the actual camera module? i am waiting on a "bad" one that wont focus from a friend who just shipped it to me. If it turns out that i still get black image then our problem is down to the gimbal board, or the core board and your nand chip theory is going to gain much more ground. I will keep in touch, lets hope we can fix this

Attachments

• 121448x7oficsnosstf434.jpg
    121448x7oficsnosstf434.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 8
ok i remember seeing this little ribbon conenctor on the side of the gimbal board which is put there for servicing by dji, in this picture here taken from another forum you can clearly see it. I do notice tx and rx pads, and 3v3 pads and gnd pads on the gimbal board, and the unused ribbon connector that is circled is probably used for this exact procedure. however, we run into a problem. first, there is no way for us to get ahold of a ribbon cable that hooks up to this connector. second, if we were to use an ftdi adapter (like the man does in the p2 repair you mention) we will need mavic pro specific flash files. That is all considering that my theory is correct and the nand chip is actually located on the gimbal board and not the core board of the mavic pro. I will check into a github page which i used to read a long time ago from a member called mephistoteles, he had done a lot of work and reverse engineering on the p3. lets hope i will find something that is helpful for the mavic pro. Btw, i wanted to ask you, did you try replacing the actual camera module? i am waiting on a "bad" one that wont focus from a friend who just shipped it to me. If it turns out that i still get black image then our problem is down to the gimbal board, or the core board and your nand chip theory is going to gain much more ground. I will keep in touch, lets hope we can fix this
I have not replaced the whole camera/gimbal setup but I have replaced the gimbal board and no luck. So my guess is it’s either the WiFi board or the core board

Reactions: gdanas87
oh my, so the gimbal board is out of the question then. About the wifi board i think that it doesnt have anything to do with image transmission per se, as much as it has to do with the wifi connection when you are flying only by phone (switch the side selector to wi-fi). Dont know for sure though
I replace the ptz and gimbal ribbon cable even though the gimbal works flawlessly. whats weird is that recording and photo taking doesnt work, it seems to be glitching on mine. I have tried several sd's which i use in my mini2, mavic2pro and mavic2zoom but even after formatting them on a pc, or onboard the mavic it wont record anything, just creates broken video files!!! I hope to god its not the core board, such a waste :(

oh my, so the gimbal board is out of the question then. About the wifi board i think that it doesnt have anything to do with image transmission per se, as much as it has to do with the wifi connection when you are flying only by phone (switch the side selector to wi-fi). Dont know for sure though
I replace the ptz and gimbal ribbon cable even though the gimbal works flawlessly. whats weird is that recording and photo taking doesnt work, it seems to be glitching on mine. I have tried several sd's which i use in my mini2, mavic2pro and mavic2zoom but even after formatting them on a pc, or onboard the mavic it wont record anything, just creates broken video files!!! I hope to god its not the core board, such a waste :(
Yea mine does the same thing with the pictures and videos but I think it is the core board.

• Sad
Reactions: gdanas87
Yea mine does the same thing with the pictures and videos but I think it is the core board.
yep i'm afraid the same is true for mine. Sending it in for repair to a local shop if the camera module doesnt work, will let you know how it goes... I hope its not our mainboard/core boards that are faulty, because these go steep for more than 150, at least! :( and i dont know if i am prepared to spend that much for my mavic pro, since its my "backup" tool in my arsenal. I primarily use the mavic zoom and mavic 2 pro

Yea thats the last thing I have left to change. I changed the gimbal board and still no image. I haven’t crashed my mavic so i don’t see why the camera itself would be broken but that’s the only thing I haven’t changed but maybe could explain why if I take a picture it makes the noise but there’s no picture anywhere to be found not even a picture of blackness

I never encounter this kind of problem, you almost change whole gimbal set, and nothing happen, there is a problem with the maincore board

Hello guys I am back after a long time, finally sent it in for repair to a local Shop, he found out it was the ribbon cables connecting The gimbal board to the mainBoard/core board, and now its fixed :) thank God it wasn't the mainboard. How these ribbon cables became defunct is beyond me

Hello,
I have the same problem. Mine started after I crashed my drone and the ribbons cable was broken.and the gimbal fell out from the drone.
I replaced both cables and the plate that holds gimbal to drone.
Also had to replace one arm.
I finished my repair yesterday and the drone flies :) gimbal moves but there is black screen also when I try to change any photo and video settings it instantly set them back like it was before crash.
So I am wondering if camera is broken (not sure how to test it before I order new one)
Or I somehow put the video cable those thin wires opposite way. Or it could be something else.

So I had this problem awhile ago after a crash and I fixed it by downgrading the firmware on the drone. Through the dji assistant app on desktop. Try this and see what happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo